CycleBanter.com

-   -   British Cycling News (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=254686)

AMuzi September 8th 17 02:52 PM

British Cycling News

Don't try this yourself. These are professionals.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/new...r-Britain.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

[email protected] September 8th 17 03:38 PM

British Cycling News

On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 6:53:06 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
Don't try this yourself. These are professionals.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/new...r-Britain.html

You have to wonder why they would allow a car parked at the exit from a turn in the worse possible place. Probably because the car had a disabled sticker and the law allows them to virtually park anywhere they want.

I cleaned by car out of everything - including the disabled sticker which I have to change over to the new car. The problem is that because of this damned anti-seizure medication I can't remember where I put the paperwork.

The only reason I registered as handicapped is because I don't have any balance from the medication and couldn't possibly pass a drunk test. So they would have to use one of those blow-into devices.

[email protected] September 8th 17 09:48 PM

British Cycling News

On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 9:38:17 AM UTC-5, wrote:

The problem is that because of this damned anti-seizure medication I can't remember where I put the paperwork.

The only reason I registered as handicapped is because I don't have any balance from the medication and couldn't possibly pass a drunk test.

You have no balance, and ride a bicycle? I am aware that bicycles are self balancing once up to speed, but I think it still requires the rider to have some natural balance.

Tim McNamara September 9th 17 02:03 AM

British Cycling News

On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 08:52:41 -0500, AMuzi wrote:
Don't try this yourself. These are professionals.

Well, the riders might be professional. The organizers are strictly
amateur.

[email protected] September 10th 17 04:38 PM

British Cycling News

On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 1:48:24 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 9:38:17 AM UTC-5, wrote:

The problem is that because of this damned anti-seizure medication I can't remember where I put the paperwork.

The only reason I registered as handicapped is because I don't have any balance from the medication and couldn't possibly pass a drunk test.

You have no balance, and ride a bicycle? I am aware that bicycles are self balancing once up to speed, but I think it still requires the rider to have some natural balance.

Your slow speed balance on a bike is almost entirely with vision. I can't ride with my hands off of the bars anymore but can ride normally otherwise.

I don't have any balance not so much because I don't have balance but because the medication makes the front half of both feet numb and I can't tell if I'm countering a fall with pressure via feet.

I absolutely cannot stand and hold my head back. I cannot stand on one leg. In the dark I have to put a hand on the wall to remain upright. A cop will let you fall down and crack your skull and I've had enough concussions thank you.