CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   mongoose randonneur (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=157420)

[email protected] March 7th 07 02:41 AM

mongoose randonneur

Apparently a steel framed tourer from Mongoose is due out in a month
or two, rrp about $1750.
Anyone have any specs or geometry details? I am looking at a Surly LHT
or waiting to see what the new Mongoose is like. Any advice??

Andrew March 8th 07 11:07 AM

mongoose randonneur

On Mar 7, 1:41 pm, wrote:
Apparently a steel framed tourer from Mongoose is due out in a month
or two, rrp about $1750.
Anyone have any specs or geometry details? I am looking at a Surly LHT
or waiting to see what the new Mongoose is like. Any advice??

I can't comment on the Mongoose, but whilst picking Abbottsford
Cycles' brains about Nexus hubs, they showed me a brand new LHT that
went straight to the paint shop for a paint job (maroon with white
panels, classy Surly lettering), built with a nexus 8sp, roller brake,
and a vintage sturmey drum brake front, Brooks B72.... Gorgeous.