CycleBanter.com

-   -   Question for cycliists (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=255682)

Mr Pounder Esquire March 31st 18 06:36 PM

Question for cycliists

Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

[email protected] March 31st 18 10:25 PM

Question for cycliists

Probably a visitor to the UK. It happens a lot with cyclists visiting the UK. They either don’t know the rules or they make a wrong turn and find themselves stuck on the motorway. IIRC the Kenyan national team (or some other national team if I’m mistaken) was using the motorway to train on in Manchester during the commonwealth games. Motorways can look very inviting because they have wide smooth hardshoulders.
In quite a few countries you can cycle on motorways, like in Serbia.

I wouldn’t automatically call the person a scumbag. Chill.

jnugent April 1st 18 01:30 AM

Question for cycliists

On 31/03/2018 18:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

It wasn't Doug Bollen, out to make a point about "Hitlerian motorways",
was it?

PS: Is there so little news in the Fylde that the local rag has to send
reportees to South Yorkshire?

[email protected] April 1st 18 10:47 AM

Question for cycliists

On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 6:37:58 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

In Bulgaria, horse and carts go on motorways.

Peter Keller[_3_] April 1st 18 11:29 AM

Question for cycliists

On 01/04/18 05:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

Today I was walking -- (yes, I do sometimes walk) along a suburban footpath.
Ahead of me, coming towards me on the footpath, was a youth on a bicycle.
Did I block his way and yell obscenities at him and take out my bloody
sharpened battle-axe dripping with turds out of my back pocket and take
a swipe at him?

Mr Pounder Esquire April 1st 18 05:57 PM

Question for cycliists

JNugent wrote:
On 31/03/2018 18:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

It wasn't Doug Bollen, out to make a point about "Hitlerian
motorways", was it?

PS: Is there so little news in the Fylde that the local rag has to
send reportees to South Yorkshire?

Yip, not much happens in the Fylde so the rag picks up on other stories.
The Gazette has always been a crap newspaper. The only reason I look at the
site is because I used to live in Blackpool.

Mr Pounder Esquire April 1st 18 06:06 PM

Question for cycliists

Peter Keller wrote:
On 01/04/18 05:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

Today I was walking -- (yes, I do sometimes walk) along a suburban
footpath. Ahead of me, coming towards me on the footpath, was a youth
on a bicycle. Did I block his way and yell obscenities at him and
take out my bloody sharpened battle-axe dripping with turds out of my
back pocket and take
a swipe at him?

I have never yelled obscenities and have never used my chisel.

Did you have the courage to tell the cyclist that he was breaking the law?
Or did you just stand aside and let the ****** cycle past you, like the good
little gutless boy that you are.
Please tell us.

[email protected] April 1st 18 06:54 PM

Question for cycliists

On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 5:59:05 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
JNugent wrote:
On 31/03/2018 18:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

It wasn't Doug Bollen, out to make a point about "Hitlerian
motorways", was it?

PS: Is there so little news in the Fylde that the local rag has to
send reportees to South Yorkshire?

Yip, not much happens in the Fylde so the rag picks up on other stories.
The Gazette has always been a crap newspaper. The only reason I look at the
site is because I used to live in Blackpool.

Don't throw it in the gutter!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...crackdown.html

Simon Jester April 1st 18 07:03 PM

Question for cycliists

JNugent wrote:
On 31/03/2018 18:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Yet another scum cyclist riding on the motorway.

Q: How could anybody be stupid enough to do this?
A: He is a cyclist.
Opinion: What a 100% ******.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...rway-1-9091886

It wasn't Doug Bollen, out to make a point about "Hitlerian
motorways", was it?

PS: Is there so little news in the Fylde that the local rag has to
send reportees to South Yorkshire?

Yip, not much happens in the Fylde so the rag picks up on other stories..
The Gazette has always been a crap newspaper. The only reason I look at the
site is because I used to live in Blackpool.

Don't throw it in the gutter!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...crackdown.html

We have been told many times that only cyclists drop litter.
We have also been told many times that cyclists are poor and cannot afford £150, so what will happen?