CycleBanter.com

-   -   MOT passed today (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=255855)

[email protected] May 9th 18 09:16 PM

MOT passed today

I was a little worried that my 10 year old ALFA 159 would not pass its MOT today, but it did AND I have only done 2000 miles since the last one as a) I have no job to go to and b) I have cycled and walked most places. Good job I got that new subframe last year!

TMS320 May 10th 18 09:21 AM

MOT passed today

On 09/05/18 21:16, wrote:
I was a little worried that my 10 year old ALFA 159 would not pass
its MOT today, but it did AND I have only done 2000 miles since the
last one as a) I have no job to go to and b) I have cycled and walked
most places. Good job I got that new subframe last year!

My car has only done 4000 miles in the last year. Since I often use
means of transport that is more convenient for short journeys I don't
know my total road mileage.

Peter Keller[_3_] May 10th 18 09:57 AM

MOT passed today

On 10/05/18 20:21, TMS320 wrote:
On 09/05/18 21:16, wrote:
I was a little worried that my 10 year old ALFA 159 would not pass
its MOT today, but it did AND I have only done 2000 miles since the
last one as a) I have no job to go to and b) I have cycled and walked
most places. Good job I got that new subframe last year!

My car has only done 4000 miles in the last year. Since I often use
means of transport that is more convenient for short journeys I don't
know my total road mileage.

I don't even know why we still have a car.
Oh -- my wife likes it for doing the weekly shopping.
But -- with registration, insurance, smelly fuel, money used which could
be put to better use etc, it would be cheaper for us to just use taxis.
And I just spent ££ to renew my driver's licence.

[email protected] May 10th 18 10:06 AM

MOT passed today

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 9:21:53 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 09/05/18 21:16, wrote:
I was a little worried that my 10 year old ALFA 159 would not pass
its MOT today, but it did AND I have only done 2000 miles since the
last one as a) I have no job to go to and b) I have cycled and walked
most places. Good job I got that new subframe last year!

My car has only done 4000 miles in the last year. Since I often use
means of transport that is more convenient for short journeys I don't
know my total road mileage.

It needs two sensors at £100 each though before the next MOT. He had to disable them to get it to pass this time.

[email protected] May 10th 18 10:08 AM

MOT passed today

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 9:58:01 AM UTC+1, Peter Keller wrote:
On 10/05/18 20:21, TMS320 wrote:
On 09/05/18 21:16, wrote:
I was a little worried that my 10 year old ALFA 159 would not pass
its MOT today, but it did AND I have only done 2000 miles since the
last one as a) I have no job to go to and b) I have cycled and walked
most places. Good job I got that new subframe last year!

My car has only done 4000 miles in the last year. Since I often use
means of transport that is more convenient for short journeys I don't
know my total road mileage.

I don't even know why we still have a car.
Oh -- my wife likes it for doing the weekly shopping.
But -- with registration, insurance, smelly fuel, money used which could
be put to better use etc, it would be cheaper for us to just use taxis.
And I just spent ££ to renew my driver's licence.

Same here. I spent the years 17-60 driving to every country in Europe and so we only need ours for going on local walks etc.

Bret Cahill May 12th 18 04:37 AM

MOT passed today

I still haven't recovered from paying less in auto insurance than me.

I thought I had the lowest motoring costs on the planet.

[email protected] May 12th 18 11:09 AM

MOT passed today

On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 4:37:28 AM UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:
I still haven't recovered from paying less in auto insurance than me.

I thought I had the lowest motoring costs on the planet.

It is now £384 pa.

Bod[_5_] May 12th 18 11:35 AM

MOT passed today

On 12/05/2018 11:09, wrote:
On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 4:37:28 AM UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:
I still haven't recovered from paying less in auto insurance than me.

I thought I had the lowest motoring costs on the planet.

It is now £384 pa.

My last Premium was £190.

--
Bod

Ian Smith May 12th 18 11:49 AM

MOT passed today

On Sat, 12 May 2018 11:35:27 +0100, Bod wrote:
On 12/05/2018 11:09, wrote:
On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 4:37:28 AM UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:
I still haven't recovered from paying less in auto insurance than me.

I thought I had the lowest motoring costs on the planet.

It is now £384 pa.

My last Premium was £190.

225.89 gbp, fully comp, 12k miles, with business use, does include
driving other cars (something that some insurance companies have been
silently dropping), but I'm not covered on the Nurburgring (I think
every policy I've ever had has explicitly exluded teh Nurburgring).

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

[email protected] May 12th 18 12:50 PM

MOT passed today

On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 11:35:29 AM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 12/05/2018 11:09, wrote:
On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 4:37:28 AM UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:
I still haven't recovered from paying less in auto insurance than me.

I thought I had the lowest motoring costs on the planet.

It is now £384 pa.

My last Premium was £190.

--
Bod

I will have to downsize the annual mileage from 10000 to 2000.