CycleBanter.com

-   Unicycling (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   my limey (review) (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=187521)

boisei June 8th 08 05:54 AM

my limey (review)

forrestunifreak wrote:
I never understand why people describe frames as "rigid". Even the
cheapest of metal frames are going to be rigid; there's absolutely no
flex in a unicycle frame anyway (unless it's half broken or something)

When I upgraded my 36r from a Radial 360 frame to a Nimbus, that's how
I described the difference. Several actions (mounting, idling,
accelerating, breaking) all became easier as less energy was absorbed
into the flex of the frame. Really, why else go for the expensive
alloy of, say, a KH frame except for the "rigid" quality of the metal
for the given weight and size?

--
boisei