CycleBanter.com

-   Off Road (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   adaptors for mtb disc brakes (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=12525)

Mikeatlbch April 17th 04 10:20 PM

adaptors for mtb disc brakes

I have an amp research fork I am going to use and need an adaptor to use an
avid mechanical disc brake.

I also need an adaptor for the rear brake. The bike was built for hayes trek .
'99 R200.

Suggestions and sources please.

Mike

Rocketman April 18th 04 05:10 PM

"Mikeatlbch" wrote in message
I have an amp research fork I am going to use and need an adaptor to use

an
avid mechanical disc brake.

I also need an adaptor for the rear brake. The bike was built for hayes

trek .
'99 R200.

Mike, I have a 22mm to 51mm (I.S.) disc brake adaptor plate (made by A2Z)
that fits the 22mm Hayes "direct post mount" on some Trek/Fisher/Klein bikes
(It's on the non-drive-side chainstay). The direct post mount was designed
for older Hayes hydraulic rear disc calipers. I'm not going to use the
adapter. I'll sell it for $15 + $5 shipping (if you're in the USA).

Rocketman