CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jacket update (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=1387)

Kerry Nikolaisen January 3rd 04 11:56 PM

Jacket update

After taking into consideration the comments on the Pearl Izumi (Zephyrr)
and Performance Illuminite jackets I mentioned, I did some serious on-line
price shopping before making a decision.

Before pulling the trigger, I decided to give the LBS a shot, although I had
doubts regarding their ability to match the on-line catalog prices.

I was quite surprised at one store (Sunset Cyclery - St. Louis) and their
wide range of jackets.

They had numerous Pearl Izumi jackets, and competitively priced. However,
as I posted before, I am really surprised at the lack of reflective piping
on their jackets - especially on the back.

I plinked down 86 bills for a Cannondale Morphis Jacket. Plenty of
reflective piping and as a plus, the sleeves zip off and it turns into a
vest. It also appears to have plenty of venting, and is water resistance to
boot.

I have made a New Years pledge to start using the LBG more often!

Kerry

Ken January 4th 04 01:07 AM

Jacket update

"Kerry Nikolaisen" f o u r n i k s @ c h a r t e r . n e t wrote in
:
They had numerous Pearl Izumi jackets, and competitively priced.
However, as I posted before, I am really surprised at the lack of
reflective piping on their jackets - especially on the back.

The Pearl Izumi "Flash" series has reflective panels for night riding.

PCB January 8th 04 07:59 PM

Jacket update

In article , Kerry Nikolaisen @
wrote:
They had numerous Pearl Izumi jackets, and competitively priced. However,
as I posted before, I am really surprised at the lack of reflective piping
on their jackets - especially on the back.

I plinked down 86 bills for a Cannondale Morphis Jacket. Plenty of
reflective piping

I'll have to look into Pearl Izumi jackets then, because I buy bike
clothing that specifically doesn't have reflective piping because I
don't like looking like a neon sign when I'm not on the bike. Nashbar
reflective leg bands are what I use and I store them right on the bike
so that they are always available when I ride. Reflective ankles are
more noticeable, due to their constant movement, than reflective piping
on a jacket.

--
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ O ALERT: Please help a friend find
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ / / an abducted family member: