CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   California MTB Trip Report (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=129599)

[email protected] April 9th 06 03:34 PM

California MTB Trip Report

Hi All,

For anyone thats interested I've just finished putting all the details
and pics from our California 2005 holiday on my web site
http://www.mtb-hol.com

Cheers

Slack April 9th 06 09:29 PM

California MTB Trip Report

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 07:34:34 -0700, wrote:

Hi All,

For anyone thats interested I've just finished putting all the details
and pics from our California 2005 holiday on my web site
http://www.mtb-hol.com

Cheers

Great website... thanks. Looks like you had a very nice trip.

Dang, you guys experienced more of California then I; and I have lived
here 40 yrs :-(
_____
Slack

MTBBill April 9th 06 09:31 PM

California MTB Trip Report

Slack wrote:
On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 07:34:34 -0700, wrote:

Hi All,

For anyone thats interested I've just finished putting all the details
and pics from our California 2005 holiday on my web site
http://www.mtb-hol.com

Cheers

Great website... thanks. Looks like you had a very nice trip.

Dang, you guys experienced more of California then I; and I have lived
here 40 yrs :-(

Ride more.

JD posing as MTBBill again

Slack April 9th 06 09:55 PM

California MTB Trip Report

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 13:31:18 -0700, MTBBill
wrote:

Slack wrote:
On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 07:34:34 -0700, wrote:

Hi All,

For anyone thats interested I've just finished putting all the details
and pics from our California 2005 holiday on my web site
http://www.mtb-hol.com

Cheers

Great website... thanks. Looks like you had a very nice trip.

Dang, you guys experienced more of California then I; and I have lived
here 40 yrs :-(

Ride more.

JD posing as MTBBill again

Aint that a fact.
_____
Slack

Zilla April 10th 06 12:24 AM

California MTB Trip Report

I have a similar pic hanging on one
of my walls in my house.

http://www.mtb-hol.com/California200..._headlands.jpg

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

oups.com...

[email protected] April 10th 06 08:57 PM

California MTB Trip Report

Hi Per,

If you specify your country when your booking your vehicle - they
usually then add in the CDW to your quote

I know that Alamo & Budget do this - and this usually works out cheaper
than selecting a USA rate and then adding CDW (Collision Damage Waver)

Why dont you try it out on the Budget Web site www.budget.com - you
can get to the final costs without having to book the suv on the site

Companys i've used in the past without problems have been avis, alamo
and budget, its worth shopping around as theri pricing can vary greatly

It may not be as enironmentally friendly to rent a vehicle - but you
will get to the sweet singletrack so much quicker than on your other
holidays, and cover a lot more ground.

Plus there is much less chance of you becoming roadkill

I'm heading off to Colorado at the end of this Month and i'm going to
drive from Denver to Frutia, then Moab then Goosebury then flagstaff ,
sedona , Prescott and finally Phoenix all in 2 weeks I couldnt imagine
riding inbetween all of those place

any way happy trails

Per Löwdin wrote:
For anyone thats interested I've just finished putting all the details
and pics from our California 2005 holiday on my web site
http://www.mtb-hol.com

Fabulous, long back, especially to Lake Tahoe and Downieville, when I look
at your images. We did something similar in 2004, but biking between the
spots with good singletrack
http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/California/...California.htm

We are going back to the US this summer, but unlike in 04 we intend to
drive, go enough of trudging along roads with heavy traffic. So we are goin
to rent a SUV. How do you manage car insurance when you are in the US? From
what I understand most rental firms don´t include it in their price quotes.

Per
http://lowdin.nu

JD April 10th 06 09:44 PM

California MTB Trip Report

wrote:
It may not be as enironmentally friendly to rent a vehicle - but you
will get to the sweet singletrack so much quicker than on your other
holidays, and cover a lot more ground.

The only place I could imagine the singletrack being sweet is Sugar
Mountain and it's ficticious. Dirt tastes like dirt everywhere I've
crashed and ate it.

I'm heading off to Colorado at the end of this Month and i'm going to
drive from Denver to Frutia, then Moab then Goosebury then flagstaff ,
sedona , Prescott and finally Phoenix all in 2 weeks I couldnt imagine
riding inbetween all of those place

Yeah, there's nothing at all in-between any of those places.

JD