CycleBanter.com

-   Rides (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   California's Central Coast (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=72053)

Kirby James October 18th 04 07:35 PM

California's Central Coast

On a recent trip from the UK I managed a number of rides around Ventura and
SLO - see http://www.lkjh.org/bike/usa/index.html

Kirby

Steve Juniper October 18th 04 11:38 PM

Nice ride and good pics. I've ridden the northern half but never
considered a loop (looks like 60 miles - just right).
If you ride a bike suitable for an unpaved road, just before Oak View
there's a road to the right that bypasses Ojai, cuts through the Black Mtns
(see map, below) and emerges on the road to Santa Paula. Very nice ride (but
would add considerable time) and worst traffice would be missed. It is
closed to motor vehicular traffic.

Steve

Rick Warner October 19th 04 08:17 PM

"Kirby James" wrote in message ...
On a recent trip from the UK I managed a number of rides around Ventura and
SLO - see http://www.lkjh.org/bike/usa/index.html

Kirby

Nice rides. See Canyon is even better in the fall when the apple
harvest is taking place :-)

If you get back to the SLO area in the future the local club's website
(http://www.slobc.org) has a 'Local Rides' links with some good
suggestions. We get down in that area 5-6 times a year and are still
finding new places to try.

- rick