CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   More lab excellence (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=150494)

Bill C November 25th 06 01:04 AM

More lab excellence

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/24/rape.dna.ap/index.html
DNA clears man despite police lab's refusal to do test

Quoted:
Pendleton demanded DNA testing after his arrest, but police lab analyst
Pamela Fish said there wasn't enough genetic material to test the
evidence. Pendleton was convicted based on the victim's identification.

The expert who conducted the new tests, Brian Wraxall of Serological
Research Institute, said Wednesday he was surprised at Fish's report
"because I found a reasonable amount of DNA."

Fish's work has been challenged in the past, most notably in the cases
of four men later cleared by DNA evidence of the 1986 rape and murder
of medical student Lori Roscetti.

Sounds like Pound was giving the orders there. "Guilty as I see them!",
and the lab goes along for the ride.
Bill C

[email protected] November 25th 06 02:41 AM

More lab excellence

Bill C wrote:

Fish's work has been challenged in the past, most notably in the cases
of four men later cleared by DNA evidence of the 1986 rape and murder
of medical student Lori Roscetti.

Sounds like Pound was giving the orders there. "Guilty as I see them!",
and the lab goes along for the ride.

I see possible gender discrimination here. Another, human, factor
showing the non-perfection of DNA testing. --D-y

MagillaGorilla November 25th 06 02:44 AM

More lab excellence

Bill C wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/24/rape.dna.ap/index.html
DNA clears man despite police lab's refusal to do test

Quoted:
Pendleton demanded DNA testing after his arrest, but police lab analyst
Pamela Fish said there wasn't enough genetic material to test the
evidence. Pendleton was convicted based on the victim's identification.

The expert who conducted the new tests, Brian Wraxall of Serological
Research Institute, said Wednesday he was surprised at Fish's report
"because I found a reasonable amount of DNA."

Fish's work has been challenged in the past, most notably in the cases
of four men later cleared by DNA evidence of the 1986 rape and murder
of medical student Lori Roscetti.

Sounds like Pound was giving the orders there. "Guilty as I see them!",
and the lab goes along for the ride.
Bill C

Sounds like you should blame the jury who sent him to prison. The lab
expert had no say in the verdict.

Thanks,

Magilla

Bill C November 25th 06 03:06 AM

More lab excellence

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Bill C wrote:
[...]

Yep and the LAPD never framed an ivnnocent man. The Juries should've
know that they were totally dirty.
****ing jury system!
We need a dictator!
Bill C

Bill C November 25th 06 03:11 AM

More lab excellence

On Nov 24, 9:44 pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Bill C wrote:
[...]

Magilla- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/01/25/lapd.probe.01/
Widening LAPD probe may result in overturned convictions for 8 more
people

Stupid ****ing juries convicted those people. Shoot the Juries!
Bill C

Davey Crockett November 25th 06 09:55 AM

More lab excellence

"Bill C" writes:

We need a dictator!

You gonna get one dude

Chew on this sh!t:

The Democrats have a golden opportunity before them. They can impeach
both Cheney and Bush at the same time, and the next person in the line
of succession will be the Speaker of the House, who will be a Democrat
as of January 2007. That would give the Democrats both the Congress
and the Presidency. It's fairly certain the Democrats will start off
with Congressional investigations to look into how Halliburton got all
those no bid contracts. As they uncover more and more misdeeds, the
investigation could turn into a feeding frenzy. Public anger will
build as widespread waste, corruption and nepotism are exposed. A
solid case for impeachment could literally fall into their laps with
just the slightest effort.

--
Davey Crockett
Always Remember:

Fred Fredburger November 25th 06 09:38 PM

More lab excellence

Davey Crockett wrote:
"Bill C" writes:

We need a dictator!

You gonna get one dude

Chew on this sh!t:

The Democrats have a golden opportunity before them. They can impeach
both Cheney and Bush at the same time, and the next person in the line
of succession will be the Speaker of the House, who will be a Democrat
as of January 2007. That would give the Democrats both the Congress
and the Presidency. It's fairly certain the Democrats will start off
with Congressional investigations to look into how Halliburton got all
those no bid contracts. As they uncover more and more misdeeds, the
investigation could turn into a feeding frenzy. Public anger will
build as widespread waste, corruption and nepotism are exposed. A
solid case for impeachment could literally fall into their laps with
just the slightest effort.

That will not happen, but not for lack of sufficient supporting evidence.