CycleBanter.com

-   -   Cyclist threatens to murder pedestrian and his family (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=248610)

MrCheerful August 28th 15 09:54 AM

Cyclist threatens to murder pedestrian and his family

“I said it was used by young mothers and children and that he should
slow down.

“We had probably been talking for no more than 20 seconds and then he
said ‘I will find where you live and murder you and your entire family’.

The walker later reported the matter to Surrey Police, but was told it
was unlikely they would be able to do anything about it.

He described the cyclist as a white male probably in his mid-20s, of
medium height and slim build.

The cyclist was reportedly wearing red and white Lycra gear and had been
riding an "expensive-looking, off road-type bike with straight handlebars".

The Woking Cycle Users Group website states that "there have been a
number of conflicts between pedestrians and cyclists along the towpath".

“A few of these have been quite serious with a dog having to be put down
and a lady who was taken to hospital following an accident with a
cyclist,” it said.

“The problem is with cyclists travelling too fast past pedestrians."

Clear case for registration, and in this case a good reason for a
citizen's arrest.

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surr...ll-dog-9944260

Peter Keller[_3_] August 29th 15 09:31 AM

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:54:03 +0100, Mrcheerful wrote:

a good reason for a citizen's arrest.

That bit I agree with.