CycleBanter.com

-   Off Road (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2003 Trek Elite 9.8 Discs? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=92401)

[email protected] July 21st 05 02:06 PM

2003 Trek Elite 9.8 Discs?

Hi,
I bought a used frame and want to instal rear disc on it.
It has 2 mounting holes on the rear triangle.
I guess those are for the caliper.
They are 6mm diameter / ~44 mm apart on opposite sides of the hub.
Does anyone know what adapter / caliper fit in there if at all?
Advice appreciated.
Thanks.
NH.

GWood July 21st 05 07:28 PM

Lots of frames use an adapter that is specific for the frame. I suggest you
contact a Trek dealer and ask
A) if an adapter is required - mention the brake model you want to install
B) if they have one in stock - often they bring them in when requested only

Note many brakes also require an adapter for the fork install as well. If
you know your fork and want to add disc there as well, it's worth finding
out about at the time.

Cheers
Gary

ups.com...

[email protected] July 24th 05 01:10 PM

I called them.
As this model is rare arround here, I got the feeling that Trek dealer
is no more help than any of us actually had this setup on this frame
1st hand experience.
I got some pictures of the rear if anyone reading this subject would
like to take a look.
Thanks again,
NH.