CycleBanter.com

-   -   Selfish cyclist smashes disabled person's car window (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=254675)

Incubus September 7th 17 09:36 AM

Selfish cyclist smashes disabled person's car window

He should have been looking where he is going. I hope he is forced to
pay for the repairs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ashes-car.html

Rob Morley September 7th 17 01:44 PM

Selfish cyclist smashes disabled person's car window

On Thu, 7 Sep 2017 09:36:07 +0100
Incubus wrote:

He should have been looking where he is going. I hope he is forced
to pay for the repairs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ashes-car.html

That should never have happened - there should have been
barriers and hay bales to smooth the exit from the corner,
if they weren't prepared to prevent parking there. How likely
is it that there were "no parking" notices but the blue badges
ignored them?

Peter Parry September 7th 17 02:50 PM

Selfish cyclist smashes disabled person's car window

On Thu, 7 Sep 2017 13:44:51 +0100, Rob Morley
wrote:

How likely
is it that there were "no parking" notices but the blue badges
ignored them?

Not very, from various reports it seems the car was parked correctly
in a bay reserved for disability badge holders and had been since at
least the previous day.

Rob Morley September 7th 17 04:05 PM

Selfish cyclist smashes disabled person's car window

wrote:

How likely
is it that there were "no parking" notices but the blue badges
ignored them?

Not very, from various reports it seems the car was parked correctly
in a bay reserved for disability badge holders and had been since at
least the previous day.

That seems to point to a worrying lack of foresight on the part of
whoever organised that bit of the course.

Simon Jester September 7th 17 07:44 PM

On Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 9:36:12 AM UTC+1, Incubus wrote:
He should have been looking where he is going. I hope he is forced to
pay for the repairs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ashes-car.html

And I suppose you think F1 drivers should follow the 'Only a fool breaks the two second rule' mantra.
This was negligence on the part of the race organisers/marshals.