CycleBanter.com

-   Marketplace (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Want to buy Used Bike in Purdue (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=193099)

Alvin Ang August 22nd 08 06:20 AM

Want to buy Used Bike in Purdue

Hi there,

I want to buy a used bike that does not have any squeeky sound on it,
hopefully with a reasonable price. I am not looking for anything fancy,
just usable. Please get back to me if you have one that you would like to
sell. Thank you!

Alvin

Tim Arnold August 22nd 08 01:35 PM

"Alvin Ang" wrote in message
Hi there,

I want to buy a used bike that does not have any squeeky sound on it,
hopefully with a reasonable price. I am not looking for anything fancy,
just usable. Please get back to me if you have one that you would like to
sell. Thank you!

Alvin

Alvin,

A little more info would help. Road, Mountain or hybrid type bike? What kind
of riding?
Your height? Anything thing else? Price range?

Tim

Alvin Ang August 22nd 08 03:20 PM

Want to buy Used Bike in Purdue

Hi there,

I would like a regular dependable bike where I could use to transport myself
to class. I am willing to pay $30 - $40 for it. Thank you.

Alvin

"Tim Arnold" wrote in message
. ..

Tom Kunich August 22nd 08 03:37 PM

Want to buy Used Bike in Purdue

Alvin - here's what Tim meant:

Bicycles come in sizes to FIT a person. If you're looking for a bicycle you
should at least know your standover height which is that distance from the
ground to tight in your crotch with your bare heals about 2 inches apart.
Then you can at least make a wild guess that the correct size bike is about
that distance minus 10" or 25 cm.

Get a bike too big and you'll have trouble controlling it. Get one too small
and you'll have cramps.

"Alvin Ang" wrote in message
Hi there,

I would like a regular dependable bike where I could use to transport
myself to class. I am willing to pay $30 - $40 for it. Thank you.

Alvin

"Tim Arnold" wrote in message
. ..

Tim Arnold August 23rd 08 05:05 PM

"Alvin Ang" wrote in message
Hi there,

I would like a regular dependable bike where I could use to transport
myself to class. I am willing to pay $30 - $40 for it. Thank you.

Alvin

"Tim Arnold" wrote in message
. ..

"Alvin Ang" wrote in message
Hi there,

I want to buy a used bike that does not have any squeeky sound on it,
hopefully with a reasonable price. I am not looking for anything fancy,
just usable. Please get back to me if you have one that you would like
to sell. Thank you!

Alvin

Alvin,

A little more info would help. Road, Mountain or hybrid type bike? What
kind of riding?
Your height? Anything thing else? Price range?

Tim

go to a garage sale.