CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ed Dolan & Melanie (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=226038)

Edward Dolan March 15th 11 06:58 AM

Ed Dolan & Melanie

You never want to love anyone who can return it. Nay, only unrequited love
is worth anything.

Here is Melanie, forever beyond my reach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3GTx...eature=related

Again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXpvv...eature=related

Let me ask you, do you go to your grave any more unrequited than I do?

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

PS: "Hey, anyone who does not love yodeling is dead. Find yourself a
cemetery and
lie down why don't you!" - Ed Dolan

PS2: Viva Switzerland!

James[_8_] March 16th 11 12:52 AM

Ed Dolan & Melanie

Edward Dolan wrote:
You never want to love anyone who can return it. Nay, only unrequited love
is worth anything.

Here is Melanie, forever beyond my reach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3GTx...eature=related

Cute! Lucky I turned the sound off quickly. Almost as painful as the
Scots pipes!

JS.

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_] March 16th 11 02:50 AM

Ed Dolan & Melanie

On 3/15/2011 6:52 PM, James Steward wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
You never want to love anyone who can return it. Nay, only unrequited
love is worth anything.

Here is Melanie, forever beyond my reach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3GTx...eature=related

Cute! Lucky I turned the sound off quickly.

Implied commentary on yodeling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJAY4hvnJbY.

Almost as painful as the Scots pipes!

What should be used as the Scottish national music instead of the
insipid Flower of Scotland:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMly__Q99-w&feature=related

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_] March 16th 11 03:27 AM

Ed Dolan & Melanie

On 3/15/2011 12:58 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
You never want to love anyone who can return it. Nay, only unrequited love
is worth anything.

Here is Melanie, forever beyond my reach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3GTx...eature=related

Again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXpvv...eature=related

Let me ask you, do you go to your grave any more unrequited than I do?

I prefer Hana Blazikova:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDd57KOxGfc&feature=related.

Edward Dolan March 16th 11 03:34 AM

Ed Dolan & Melanie

"Tºm Shermªn™ °_°" " wrote in
message ...
Edward Dolan wrote:
You never want to love anyone who can return it. Nay, only unrequited
love is worth anything.

Here is Melanie, forever beyond my reach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3GTx...eature=related

Cute! Lucky I turned the sound off quickly.

Implied commentary on yodeling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJAY4hvnJbY.

Yodeling is the heart leaping for joy. Anyone who does not understand this
is a barbarian.

Almost as painful as the Scots pipes!

What should be used as the Scottish national music instead of the insipid
Flower of Scotland:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMly__Q99-w&feature=related

So what is not to like? I have always loved bagpipe music provided it keeps
to a quick step. The Irish Uillin pipes are even more beautiful. The air
flow is accomplished with the elbow instead of the lungs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iteZq27y5Kg

Edward Dolan March 16th 11 03:57 AM

Ed Dolan & Melanie

"Tºm ShermªnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 3/15/2011 12:58 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
You never want to love anyone who can return it. Nay, only unrequited
love
is worth anything.

Here is Melanie, forever beyond my reach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3GTx...eature=related

Again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXpvv...eature=related

Let me ask you, do you go to your grave any more unrequited than I do?

I prefer Hana Blazikova:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDd57KOxGfc&feature=related.

Thank God for Gluck and Mozart who got us away from this kind of vocalizing.
Gluck reformed opera which badly needed reforming because of types like
Handel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1B85UQT4AY

James[_8_] March 16th 11 04:18 AM

Ed Dolan & Melanie

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tºm ShermªnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 3/15/2011 12:58 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
You never want to love anyone who can return it. Nay, only unrequited
love
is worth anything.

Here is Melanie, forever beyond my reach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3GTx...eature=related

Again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXpvv...eature=related

Let me ask you, do you go to your grave any more unrequited than I do?

I prefer Hana Blazikova:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDd57KOxGfc&feature=related.

Thank God for Gluck and Mozart who got us away from this kind of vocalizing.
Gluck reformed opera which badly needed reforming because of types like
Handel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1B85UQT4AY

God gave Rock 'n' Roll too you.

http://www.elyrics.net/read/k/kiss-l...ou-lyrics.html

But he didn't save Freddie Mercury, the King of Queen(s).

JS.

Edward Dolan March 16th 11 06:14 AM

Ed Dolan & Melanie

"James" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
Thank God for Gluck and Mozart who got us away from this kind of
vocalizing. Gluck reformed opera which badly needed reforming because of
types like Handel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1B85UQT4AY

God gave Rock 'n' Roll too [to] you.

http://www.elyrics.net/read/k/kiss-l...ou-lyrics.html

But he didn't save Freddie Mercury, the King of Queen(s).

All of pop music including rock is just one step above nursery rhymes for
children. In fact, it is more poetry than music. I prefer strictly
instrumental music where I do not have to bother with an idiotic lyric. It
is why opera is inferior to concert hall music. A good compromise are
foreign songs where the lyric remains forever a mystery. That way at least
you can concentrate on the music.

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_] March 16th 11 06:28 AM

Ed Dolan & Melanie

On 3/16/2011 12:14 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
All of pop music including rock is just one step above nursery rhymes for
children.[...]

Or can be both: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEHJLd8QRz8 [1] (from
the greatest hits of 1780).

[1] The death of John Churchill [2] was greatly exaggerated.
[2] Son of Sir Winston Churchill, of course.

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_] March 16th 11 06:39 AM

Ed Dolan & Melanie

On 3/15/2011 9:57 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"T�m Sherm�nT " wrote in
message ...
On 3/15/2011 12:58 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
You never want to love anyone who can return it. Nay, only unrequited
love
is worth anything.

Here is Melanie, forever beyond my reach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3GTx...eature=related

Again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXpvv...eature=related

Let me ask you, do you go to your grave any more unrequited than I do?

I prefer Hana Blazikova:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDd57KOxGfc&feature=related.

Thank God for Gluck and Mozart who got us away from this kind of vocalizing.

Would you prefer a blond (Katerina Knezikova)?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORmCiCHOpz4&feature=related

Gluck reformed opera which badly needed reforming because of types like
Handel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1B85UQT4AY

Better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xFu2CpxFBA. Too bad he was
too drunk to remember to tie his shoes.