CycleBanter.com

-   -   Rear kickstand (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=255455)

Andy February 6th 18 06:01 PM

Rear kickstand

http://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bi...htm#stabilizer

How can I tell if I need the 285 or 305 mm rear kickstand?

Thanks,
Andy

AMuzi February 6th 18 06:42 PM

Rear kickstand

On 2/6/2018 12:01 PM, Andy wrote:
http://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bi...htm#stabilizer

How can I tell if I need the 285 or 305 mm rear kickstand?

For what wheel size? 285 is the standard one for most bikes.
Interestingly, a 26x2.0 and a 700-30 are very close to the
the same axle height and a 285 does both without cutting.
Kickstands may be trimmed if too long, directions on/in package.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Ian Field February 6th 18 09:09 PM

Rear kickstand

"Andy" wrote in message
http://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bi...htm#stabilizer

How can I tell if I need the 285 or 305 mm rear kickstand?

Watch which way the bike falls over when you put it on the
stand.....................

Tosspot[_3_] February 7th 18 06:10 AM

Rear kickstand

On 06/02/18 22:09, Ian Field wrote:

"Andy" wrote in message
http://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bi...htm#stabilizer

How can I tell if I need the 285 or 305 mm rear kickstand?

Watch which way the bike falls over when you put it on the
stand.....................

LOL! Harsh but true. I gave up on kickstands for that reason, although
the BB mounted ones seem quite good.

https://www.amazon.com/Pletscher-Dou...000FR33ZM?th=1

Andy February 11th 18 11:45 PM

Rear kickstand

On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 12:42:59 PM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/6/2018 12:01 PM, Andy wrote:
http://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bi...htm#stabilizer

How can I tell if I need the 285 or 305 mm rear kickstand?

For what wheel size? 285 is the standard one for most bikes.
Interestingly, a 26x2.0 and a 700-30 are very close to the
the same axle height and a 285 does both without cutting.
Kickstands may be trimmed if too long, directions on/in package.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971