CycleBanter.com

-   -   OT Torx drill bit (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=235281)

Judith[_4_] March 6th 12 01:09 PM

OT Torx drill bit

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I am fastening a fitting on the kitchen wall - it comes with a torx headed
screw.

I guess from what I have read here, I need to drill a torx hole - and a torx
drill bit to drill the hole.

Will I need a torx wall plug of some sort?

Is this correct?

Partac[_10_] March 6th 12 01:35 PM

OT Torx drill bit

"Judith" wrote in message

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I am fastening a fitting on the kitchen wall - it comes with a torx headed
screw.

I guess from what I have read here, I need to drill a torx hole - and a torx
drill bit to drill the hole.

Will I need a torx wall plug of some sort?

Is this correct?

As long as it's a torx wall you're fitting it to.

Dave - Cyclists VOR March 6th 12 10:54 PM

OT Torx drill bit

On 06/03/2012 12:09, Judith wrote:

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I'll try to help Judith.

I am fastening a fitting on the kitchen wall - it comes with a torx headed
screw.

OK. Good so far.

I guess from what I have read here, I need to drill a torx hole - and a torx
drill bit to drill the hole.

Indeed you do, but only if drilling a 'hull' instead of a hole. Make
sure the drill isn't in reverse, or you will drill a 'xrot' hole.

Will I need a torx wall plug of some sort?

Absolutely. Not expensive through. Torx is cheap.

Is this correct?

Might be safer to get an electrician in. Qualified of course.

University

Judith[_4_] March 6th 12 11:20 PM

OT Torx drill bit

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 21:54:18 +0000, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 06/03/2012 12:09, Judith wrote:

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I'll try to help Judith.

I am fastening a fitting on the kitchen wall - it comes with a torx headed
screw.

OK. Good so far.

I guess from what I have read here, I need to drill a torx hole - and a torx
drill bit to drill the hole.

Indeed you do, but only if drilling a 'hull' instead of a hole. Make
sure the drill isn't in reverse, or you will drill a 'xrot' hole.

Will I need a torx wall plug of some sort?

Absolutely. Not expensive through. Torx is cheap.

Is this correct?

Might be safer to get an electrician in. Qualified of course.

Perfect - I will report back on how I get on - perhaps a high definition photo.

Simon Mason[_4_] March 7th 12 05:14 AM

OT Torx drill bit

On Mar 6, 12:56*pm, "Paul - xxx" wrote:

Will I need a torx wall plug of some sort?

Is this correct?

No.

HTH.

--
Paul - xxx
Mark cavendish * * * * * *Danny Hart

Did you want a full set of Torx drill bits and masonry screws?
I have got a job lot of 100mm x 6mm screws going spare having gone
overboard with them somewhat.

--
Simon Mason

Partac[_10_] March 7th 12 07:46 AM

OT Torx drill bit

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

On Mar 6, 12:56 pm, "Paul - xxx" wrote:

Will I need a torx wall plug of some sort?

Is this correct?

No.

HTH.

--
Paul - xxx
Mark cavendish Danny Hart
British Cycling World Champions 2011

Did you want a full set of Torx drill bits and masonry screws?
I have got a job lot of 100mm x 6mm screws going spare having gone
overboard with them somewhat.

How about a photograph, so we can all see exactly what you are offering?

Bertie Wooster[_2_] March 7th 12 07:54 AM

OT Torx drill bit

wrote:

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I'll try to help Judith.

Judith asked for a DIY *expert*.

Bertie Wooster[_2_] March 7th 12 07:55 AM

OT Torx drill bit

wrote:

Is this correct?

Might be safer to get an electrician in. Qualified of course.

So Bodge Job is certainly not your *expert*.

Man at B&Q March 7th 12 10:22 AM

OT Torx drill bit

On Mar 6, 12:09*pm, Judith wrote:
I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I am fastening a fitting on the kitchen wall - it comes with a torx *headed
screw.

I guess from what I have read here, I need to drill a torx hole - and a torx
drill bit to drill the hole.

Will I need a torx wall plug of some sort?

Is this correct?

Torx are so last century. For kitchen use you should use the tamper
resistant version, Torx TR. Stops idiots coming along later and
bodgong things.

MBQ

thirty-six March 7th 12 11:35 AM

OT Torx drill bit

On Mar 7, 9:22*am, "Man at B&Q" wrote:
On Mar 6, 12:09*pm, Judith wrote:

I wonder if there are any d-i-y experts here (non-electrical)

I am fastening a fitting on the kitchen wall - it comes with a torx *headed
screw.

I guess from what I have read here, I need to drill a torx hole - and a torx
drill bit to drill the hole.

Will I need a torx wall plug of some sort?

Is this correct?

Torx are so last century. For kitchen use you should use the tamper
resistant version, Torx TR. Stops idiots coming along later and
bodgong things.

MBQ

Idiot will try to chisel the centre out. Zero head is where it is at.