CycleBanter.com

-   -   other amps go to 10. Mine goes to 11 (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=251610)

AMuzi October 6th 16 10:49 PM

other amps go to 10. Mine goes to 11

http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/10/04/...-anyone-26000/

Frank wondered last week what I meant by frenetic change for
its own sake as opposed to innovation. Left! It's left drive!
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH October 7th 16 02:52 AM

On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 3:49:55 PM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/10/04/...-anyone-26000/

Frank wondered last week what I meant by frenetic change for
its own sake as opposed to innovation. Left! It's left drive!
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

where have you been AM ? didnah we run this down months ago ?

my offering, undiscussed off course was the left allows for reaching for a new level of twitch. Optimism in design. what's that plane ? the fish hawk ? brains itself diving into water surface.

never tried it...have you ? Jay ? Jay was writing about the track but I forget if he offered a review of how what.

The NYC track review was raved abt but ....? 'like' wowo wheeee is this fun.

Video shows a lotta juggling ....maybe their drunks ?

[email protected] October 7th 16 03:23 AM

other amps go to 10. Mine goes to 11

Velodromes go left, counter clockwise. So maybe left side drive would be better. Closer to the inside and pull you around the track better. Instead of right side drive where it pulls you outward and you have to ride further and fight the outward pull.

Question: Has anyone ever created a dual side drive bike? Chainrings and cogs and derailleurs on both sides. Have to somehow make the shifter shift derailleurs on both sides in sync.

John B.[_6_] October 7th 16 04:53 AM

other amps go to 10. Mine goes to 11

On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 19:23:06 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Velodromes go left, counter clockwise. So maybe left side drive would be better. Closer to the inside and pull you around the track better. Instead of right side drive where it pulls you outward and you have to ride further and fight the outward pull.

The article stated that they tested and found that on a velodrome the
L.H. crank did have less wind resistance.

Question: Has anyone ever created a dual side drive bike? Chainrings and cogs and derailleurs on both sides. Have to somehow make the shifter shift derailleurs on both sides in sync.

2 x 3 x 11 = 66 gears?

On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 4:49:55 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/10/04/...-anyone-26000/

Frank wondered last week what I meant by frenetic change for
its own sake as opposed to innovation. Left! It's left drive!
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

--
cheers,

John B.

DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH October 7th 16 02:59 PM

other amps go to 10. Mine goes to 11

THEY TESTED WITH.....USING. ..... FINDIN

.... AUSTRALIAN BEE JUICE........
.................. INCREASES.......12%

surly a market tested device ...

IF the idea held bee juice, AUS or FIN, a move to left in 1936 ? 'Am I right or what ? '

Leaving us with the idea outside curve wind drag around your foot n down behind to rear is unexperienced

But there's always a new mouse trap if not new mice.

Weight inside seams contrary to speed or wind from tearing outside wind forces against the new position...they postulated this ....as left or slow weight left is down n correct me if wong the rider needs balance upwards with speed to move around n compete....against the track or riders

Bit jus saying tube creatively critical

DougC October 7th 16 08:53 PM

On 10/6/2016 9:23 PM, wrote:
Velodromes go left, counter clockwise. So maybe left side drive would be better. Closer to the inside and pull you around the track better. Instead of right side drive where it pulls you outward and you have to ride further and fight the outward pull.

Question: Has anyone ever created a dual side drive bike? Chainrings and cogs and derailleurs on both sides. Have to somehow make the shifter shift derailleurs on both sides in sync.

Not exactly, but you can build a BMX or fixie bike with drives on both
sides.

Can you get left-side deraillers? I don't recall any....

[email protected] October 7th 16 09:03 PM

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 2:53:50 PM UTC-5, Doug Cimperman wrote:
On 10/6/2016 9:23 PM, wrote:
Velodromes go left, counter clockwise. So maybe left side drive would be better. Closer to the inside and pull you around the track better. Instead of right side drive where it pulls you outward and you have to ride further and fight the outward pull.

Question: Has anyone ever created a dual side drive bike? Chainrings and cogs and derailleurs on both sides. Have to somehow make the shifter shift derailleurs on both sides in sync.

Not exactly, but you can build a BMX or fixie bike with drives on both
sides.

Can you get left-side deraillers? I don't recall any....

Guess a single speed bike would be OK. Except its dual speed! Might have to mount the derailleurs backwards. Rear shifting would not be great but I think it would still shift. Make it a 5 speed friction shifter and freewheel.

Frank Krygowski[_4_] October 8th 16 08:39 PM

On 10/6/2016 10:23 PM, wrote:

Question: Has anyone ever created a dual side drive bike? Chainrings and cogs and derailleurs on both sides. Have to somehow make the shifter shift derailleurs on both sides in sync.

Yes, like almost every other bicycling "innovation," that's been done
before. Back in the 1890s, when gearing technology was very much in
flux, there were quite a few systems that used multiple chains. Some
had multiple chains on one side of the bike, some on both sides.

Some of these are mentioned, diagrammed and photographed in _The Dancing
Chain_ by Frank Berto. I'm now looking at a photo of such a system on
page 65 of that book.

--
- Frank Krygowski