CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New Kona Cross Country (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=3159)

MeYeK June 27th 03 02:24 AM

New Kona Cross Country

I'm still deciding on which Kona cross country go get out of the 2003
series, the Caldera looks great for the price but I know I'm changing the
clip-on pedals (just a personal thing) and maybe the stem because I've heard
that it's weak. I'd just like to know what to watch out for with the bikes,
are any parts prone to easily braking, which I should I know about?

Any suggestions/comments will be appreciated.

Penny S. June 27th 03 03:17 AM

New Kona Cross Country

MeYeK thoughtfully penned:
are any parts prone to easily braking, which I
should I know about?

the brakes?

[email protected] June 27th 03 12:29 PM

New Kona Cross Country

"MeYeK" wrote in message . au...
I'm still deciding on which Kona cross country go get out of the 2003
series, the Caldera looks great for the price but I know I'm changing the
clip-on pedals (just a personal thing) and maybe the stem because I've heard
that it's weak. I'd just like to know what to watch out for with the bikes,
are any parts prone to easily braking, which I should I know about?

Any suggestions/comments will be appreciated.

Find a component that claims to be super strong and super light, and
sooner or later you'll still find someone who can or has broken it.
The best thing to do is, just get the bike if you like it, and ride
it. When/if something breaks, replace it with something better. I've
got a 2002 Giant Rainier that I've heard people comment about the
factory Giant cranks being crappy , and the paint job being shoddy.
With the wet and muddy spring/so called summer we are having, that
bike has been so plastered with mud you couldn't even tell it had a
front derailer the other night. Even so, nothing has failed component
wise, and when washed off, the paint job is good as new.