CycleBanter.com

-   Off Road (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   High Pressure Street Tires for 26" 1.95 Hybrid (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=135500)

Beach Runner June 11th 06 01:53 PM

High Pressure Street Tires for 26" 1.95 Hybrid

I recently had to replace the tires for my 80 year old father, who
litterally wore his out
with so much riding. (Yes, I'm real proud of him!). I searched the
web, and the best
I could find was City Slickers for a higher performance tire. He
doesn't ride off road,
but can't handle a street bike anymore,

Similarly, I would like to get my son's hybrid Trek set up, but I'm not
so time
dependent.

Is there a 100 lb pressure tire for the same size. I had hoped to find
something
like that for my Dad. I know years ago (the 70s) I had a typical 10
speed and
replaced the typical tires with 100 lb. per square inch (is that the
right description)
and the results were incredibly dramatic. For one thing, I want to
use it for
transportation and don't want to leave my Paramount outside...

Thanks...

Beachy