CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Would you support a "stick shift only" drivers license? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=216867)

bugbear May 26th 10 10:09 AM

Would you support a "stick shift only" drivers license?

Geoff Pearson wrote:

"bugbear" wrote in message
o.uk...
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic
Enterprises wrote:
In most parts of the world driving means "stick shift," not automatic,
which even a monkey can do. The result is that obviously we got a
bunch of monkeys driving, some of them wanting to be "king of the
road" and driving SUVs... Of course, this "automatic pilot" driving
facilitates all the other crazy stuff such as: TALKING ON THE PHONE,
NO SIGNAL LIGHTS, ZIGZAGGING, which makes driving such a game of
Russian Roulette...

So is this IDIOCRACY reversible, or we just have to live with it?

Hmm. Perhaps a license obtained by a test in an automatic
shouldn't allow you to drive a stick shift (AKA manual).

;-)

BugBear

In the UK you can get an automatic only license - but you can't drive a
car with a gear lever and clutch. But anyone who can drive a manual car
can drive an automatic.

Er. Yes. That was rather my point.

Perhaps I'm too subtle for USENET.

BugBear