CycleBanter.com

-   Social Issues (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   "Triplets of Bellevue" (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=13549)

Bike Doc January 17th 04 05:04 AM

"Triplets of Bellevue"

I just saw the new animated movie "Triplets of Bellevue".
The movie is based on a young boy that grows up to race in the Tour de
France.
It is a comedy and is outstanding. One of the best cycling films to come out
in a long time.

--
Bike Doc

www.vcrbiketeam.org

Remove (No Spam) from all replies.

Newsgroup replies and postings are for
entertainment purposes only.

Ewoud Dronkert January 17th 04 12:23 PM

"Triplets of Bellevue"

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:19:30 GMT, "Bike Doc" wrote:
Sorry that should be The Triplets of Belleville

Yes. Also see
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...*%2C%20*fiets*

Dan Connelly January 17th 04 07:15 PM

"Triplets of Bellevue"

http://movies.yahoo.com

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers January 17th 04 11:00 PM

"Triplets of Bellevue"

I just saw the new animated movie "Triplets of Bellevue".
The movie is based on a young boy that grows up to race in the Tour de
France.
It is a comedy and is outstanding. One of the best cycling films to come out
in a long time.

It's a hilarious film - beautifully observed characters. The dog is wonderful -
especially the way it chews toffee, gets a phobis of trains and of frogs. The
shell-shocked, war-wounded frogs are a must - and you may well be put off
pop-corn for life ;-) Myonly criticism is the car chase is a tad too long. Did
you wait until the very end of the credits?? If you didn't you missed a truly
funny moment. Over in the UK the film goes by the name of Belleville
Rendez-vous. No-one can true a wheel as well as Madame Sousza ;-)

See www.bellevillerendezvous.com

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Ewoud Dronkert January 18th 04 07:11 PM

"Triplets of Bellevue"

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:15:14 GMT, Dan Connelly wrote:
http://movies.yahoo.com

Also check out alt.binaries.movies.divx right now.

Dan Gregory January 18th 04 08:16 PM

"Triplets of Bellevue"

The DVD comes out in a few days time....
All the best
Dan Gregory

Dan Gregory January 18th 04 08:28 PM

"Triplets of Bellevue"

The DVD comes out in a few days time....see www.amazon.co.uk
All the best
Dan Gregory

Tom Kunich January 18th 04 10:29 PM

"Triplets of Bellevue"

Let me say this about the film - while it was definitely interesting, it is
about as much a bicycle movie as was Harold and Maud.

There is essentially no speach so the fact that it is mostly in French makes
no difference. The version I saw was "dubbed" which means that TWO sentences
were in English.

It is a cartoon with very stylized characterizations and some of them are
shockingly accurate such as the bicyclists laying along the road gasping
like fish out of the water.

Surely the producer/director was a bicycle racing fan from the late 50's or
so.

I was glad to go see it but I wouldn't see it a second time.

Tom