Campy Record read derailleur 2004 vs 2005

What is the differents between a 2004 vs. 2005 Record rear derailleur? The
2004 cost less, so is there any real difference?

Robin Hubert April 16th 05 06:15 PM

wrote:
What is the differents between a 2004 vs. 2005 Record rear derailleur? The
2004 cost less, so is there any real difference?

Where?

Robin Hubert

Qui si parla Campagnolo April 17th 05 02:34 PM

wrote:
What is the differents between a 2004 vs. 2005 Record rear derailleur? The
2004 cost less, so is there any real difference?

Carbon cage on the 2005, aluminum on 2004(which became Chorus in 2005)...

A Muzi April 17th 05 11:49 PM

wrote:

What is the differents between a 2004 vs. 2005 Record rear derailleur? The
2004 cost less, so is there any real difference?

No 'performance' difference, and I could not tell them
apart, but box says '04' or '05' and some customers won't
accept a 'last year' component.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

A Muzi April 18th 05 05:15 AM

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Carbon cage on the 2005, aluminum on 2004(which became Chorus in 2005)...

I had to look in the catalogs myself but the last Record
aluminum cage was 2003.

2004 and 2005 both have woven carbon body plate and sintered
carbon cage plates.

In my store, a certain type of 'person' will only buy
current model Campagnolo Record and then only if the package
seals are not broken. Pehaps the seller would rather bring
all his inventory to current model.

Qui si parla Campagnolo April 18th 05 02:03 PM

A Muzi wrote:
wrote:

What is the differents between a 2004 vs. 2005 Record rear
derailleur? The
2004 cost less, so is there any real difference?

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

Carbon cage on the 2005, aluminum on 2004(which became Chorus in 2005)...

I had to look in the catalogs myself but the last Record aluminum cage
was 2003.

2004 and 2005 both have woven carbon body plate and sintered carbon
cage plates.

In my store, a certain type of 'person' will only buy current model
Campagnolo Record and then only if the package seals are not broken.
Pehaps the seller would rather bring all his inventory to current model.

Thanks...sometimes all these changes blend together. We have a customer
who has to match all the logos on Campag stuff. Black backrounds on the
name type stuff...retail, best and worse job there is.

RonSonic April 18th 05 04:02 PM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:03:31 -0600, Qui si parla Campagnolo
wrote:

A Muzi wrote:
wrote:

What is the differents between a 2004 vs. 2005 Record rear
derailleur? The
2004 cost less, so is there any real difference?

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

Carbon cage on the 2005, aluminum on 2004(which became Chorus in 2005)...

I had to look in the catalogs myself but the last Record aluminum cage
was 2003.

2004 and 2005 both have woven carbon body plate and sintered carbon
cage plates.

In my store, a certain type of 'person' will only buy current model
Campagnolo Record and then only if the package seals are not broken.
Pehaps the seller would rather bring all his inventory to current model.

Thanks...sometimes all these changes blend together. We have a customer
who has to match all the logos on Campag stuff. Black backrounds on the
name type stuff...retail, best and worse job there is.

Is anybody remembering the "egg inspector" in the movie Clerks?

Ron

Donald Gillies April 18th 05 05:35 PM

writes:

What is the differents between a 2004 vs. 2005 Record rear derailleur? The
2004 cost less, so is there any real difference?

Campagnolo seems to change their designs every 3 years. When they
change, mostly, record becomes chorus, chorus becomes centaur, centaur
becomes veloce, etc. (except for the cranks, it seems.)

The last design change happened in 2004. Therefore, one would not
expect to see ANY difference between a 2004 and 2005 derailleur.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

bfd April 18th 05 06:22 PM

Yow, current model with "seals not broken" or "matching logos"!
Hopefully these certain type of "person" or "customers" get charged
accordingly, they deserve it!

bfd April 18th 05 06:23 PM