CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=215647)

Mike Vandeman[_4_] April 19th 10 05:49 PM

Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude

On Apr 18, 11:11*am, Shraga wrote:
If you quoted IMBA, where is the reference? That's plagiarism, hardly
what anyone would consider "honest."

You are even dumber than Mr. Dumb! Quoting is simply accurate
reporting. Plagiarism is pretending that you wrote what you quote.
DUH! Have your mommie look it up in the dictionary for you....

Jeff Strickland[_2_] April 19th 10 06:42 PM

Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Apr 18, 9:02 am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
There is nothing in anything you posted to even begin to suggest that the
judge said biking ruins solitude. YOU said that the court ruled that
mountain biking ruins solitude. There is no evidence in your post to
support
your wild assertion. You are a liar.

I never lie.

JS
That is a lie all by itself. And, it's on top of the previous lie that is
simply another in a long line of them.

/JS

Jeff Strickland[_2_] April 19th 10 06:51 PM

Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Apr 18, 9:02 am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
There is nothing in anything you posted to even begin to suggest that the
judge said biking ruins solitude. YOU said that the court ruled that
mountain biking ruins solitude. There is no evidence in your post to
support
your wild assertion. You are a liar.

I never lie. The title was a QUOTE. I didn't write it. DUH! You get
dumber by the minute. I'm going to have to re-calibrate my dumb-meter,
just for you....

JS
Then post the part where the court says bikes ruin solitude. We have ample
proof that you make up stuff as you go along, this is just another fine
example. You have taken a statement out of context and made it into a
headline, then supported the headline with a paragraph that is also out of
context and says nothing about the topic that's in the headline.

Yeah, you need to recalibrate your stupid-meter so it catches the **** you
post and stops you from being stupid.

/JS

Shraga April 19th 10 07:22 PM

On Apr 19, 12:49*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Apr 18, 11:11*am, Shraga wrote:

If you quoted IMBA, where is the reference? That's plagiarism, hardly
what anyone would consider "honest."

You are even dumber than Mr. Dumb! Quoting is simply accurate
reporting. Plagiarism is pretending that you wrote what you quote.
DUH! Have your mommie look it up in the dictionary for you....

As usual, you dispense insults instead of reason when you're proven
wrong. Is that how you spoke to your committee chair at lunch?

Anyway, maybe you should open a book or two before making an ass of
yourself.

From Webster's:

"use (another's production) without crediting the source"

This is the SECOND time I've had to look up something in the
dictionary for you. Have you always been this lazy, or did you just
never learn how to use one?

Mike Vandeman[_4_] April 20th 10 12:31 AM

On Apr 19, 10:51*am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
Then post the part where the court says bikes ruin solitude.

I never said that. As I said before, IMBA said that. Ask your mommie
to read this for you:

From: "IMBA"
Subject: MT riders just lost trail access, are your trails next?
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:15:34 -0600

Urgent... IMBA needs your support right now
DONATE NOW!

Free The Trail socks feature a cool fold-down cuff. Every donation of
$35 or more earns a free pair. But hurry -- supplies are limited.

Last week, Montana mountain bikers saw trail access cut from 170 miles
to just 20 miles in the Hyalite-Porcupine-Buffalo Horn area.

The news led Bob Allen, a devoted Montana mountain bike advocate, to
say, "We are about to lose many, many miles of the best singletrack on
the planet."

But IMBA has not given up on regaining access to these trails. And
neither should you.

The restrictions stem from a lawsuit that challenged the Forest
Service's management of the area, setting the stage for similar
scenarios in Montana, and perhaps across the United States.

Is your favorite trail next? It's essential that you donate to our
advocacy fund now and help IMBA protect the places we ride.

The judge's decision was not based on environmental impacts caused by
mountain biking. It was intended to increase other trail users'
feeling of solitude.

By donating to IMBA, you are helping put advocacy staff on the ground
in places where anti-mountain biking policies like this are debated.

Because of your support we’re also able speak loudly on Capitol Hill.
IMBA staff meet with congressional leaders, testify before
congressional committees and conduct workshops on behalf of riders
like you.

We all know that one of the best ways to enjoy America's superb
outdoor experiences is from the seat of a bike.

But think about the magnitude and the importance of challenges we face
as trail users. Opponents to our sport are united and powerful.

Take the lead with IMBA today and support our work to provide great
trail experiences.

Thanks in advance for your donation,

Executive Director
International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA)

P.S. As a thank you, every donation of $35 or more earns a FREE pair
of FOX "Free The Trail" socks -- while supplies last. It's time to
protect our right to ride... please donate.

P.S.S. Read more about the situation in Montana.
207 Canyon, Suite 301
Boulder, CO 80302
United States

Mike Vandeman[_4_] April 20th 10 12:34 AM

On Apr 19, 11:22*am, Shraga wrote:
On Apr 19, 12:49*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Apr 18, 11:11*am, Shraga wrote:

If you quoted IMBA, where is the reference? That's plagiarism, hardly
what anyone would consider "honest."

You are even dumber than Mr. Dumb! Quoting is simply accurate
reporting. Plagiarism is pretending that you wrote what you quote.
DUH! Have your mommie look it up in the dictionary for you....

As usual, you dispense insults instead of reason when you're proven
wrong. Is that how you spoke to your committee chair at lunch?

I wasn't wrong.

Anyway, maybe you should open a book or two before making an ass of
yourself.

From Webster's:

"use (another's production) without crediting the source"

That's exactly what I said. As you can easily read in my post, IMBA
was identified as the source of the information.

Shraga April 20th 10 06:13 PM

On Apr 19, 7:34*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Apr 19, 11:22*am, Shraga wrote:

On Apr 19, 12:49*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Apr 18, 11:11*am, Shraga wrote:

If you quoted IMBA, where is the reference? That's plagiarism, hardly
what anyone would consider "honest."

You are even dumber than Mr. Dumb! Quoting is simply accurate
reporting. Plagiarism is pretending that you wrote what you quote.
DUH! Have your mommie look it up in the dictionary for you....

As usual, you dispense insults instead of reason when you're proven
wrong. Is that how you spoke to your committee chair at lunch?

I wasn't wrong.

Anyway, maybe you should open a book or two before making an ass of
yourself.

From Webster's:

"use (another's production) without crediting the source"

That's exactly what I said. As you can easily read in my post, IMBA
was identified as the source of the information.

Liar. "Exactly" what you wrote was "Plagiarism is pretending that you
wrote what you quote." What you wrote is preposterous, because no one
can verify your intent to determine objectively if you were
"pretending."

Maybe you need to look up the word "exactly" in the dictionary, fool.

IMBA was not identified as the source of your post. It was also not
identified as the source of the headline, which was the source of the
debate.

.... but you knew that, and chose to ignore that fact until after I
posted the original letter.

Jeff Strickland[_2_] April 21st 10 12:21 AM

Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Apr 19, 10:51 am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
Then post the part where the court says bikes ruin solitude.

I never said that. As I said before, IMBA said that. Ask your mommie
to read this for you:

JS
I can read it myself. All you have to do is post it. As I said, you take a
statement out of context and support it with another statement that is also
out of context AND does not address the first statement.

Ask your mommie to explain, "out of context," to you. For a PhD, you sure
have alot of trouble keeping up.

/JS