CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=215647)

Mike Vandeman[_4_] April 16th 10 04:48 PM

Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude

Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude [DUH!]

Montana mountain bikers recently learned that they will see trail
access cut from 170 miles to just 20 miles in Montana's Hyalite-
Porcupine-Buffalo Horn wilderness study area. Mike Van Abel, IMBA's
executive director, said, "IMBA joined the legal proceedings and
provided written testimony asserting that mountain biking does not
compromise a landscape's wilderness attributes. Unfortunately the
judge did not follow our guidance, which puts mountain bike access in
a precarious place -- in Montana and elsewhere."

Jeff Strickland[_2_] April 16th 10 06:30 PM

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude [DUH!]

Montana mountain bikers recently learned that they will see trail
access cut from 170 miles to just 20 miles in Montana's Hyalite-
Porcupine-Buffalo Horn wilderness study area. Mike Van Abel, IMBA's
executive director, said, "IMBA joined the legal proceedings and
provided written testimony asserting that mountain biking does not
compromise a landscape's wilderness attributes. Unfortunately the
judge did not follow our guidance, which puts mountain bike access in
a precarious place -- in Montana and elsewhere."

There is nothing in your post that supports your assertion that the judge
said anything like that. Indeed, the only indication given as to the ruling
is that biking does not compromise the wilderness attributes. We have no
idea what the issues are in this decision, but wilderness sensitivity
appears to be higher on the list of justifications than solitude that you
may or may not enjoy.

Please post the original transcript so we can see if your enjoyment even
entered the court case, or if the issues were entirely different -- as I
suspect will be the case because you are a known liar.

Bruce Jensen April 16th 10 06:53 PM

On Apr 16, 10:30*am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
[...]

Here is an article from which Mike may have drawn that conclusion. It
is easy enough to see why he may have read what he posted.

Bruce

Mike Vandeman[_4_] April 17th 10 08:13 AM

[...]

You are dummer than a rock! I just quoted IMBA, which you would know
if you followed that link. Take your complaint to THEM (I know you
won't, because you are a coward).

Jeff Strickland[_2_] April 17th 10 06:22 PM

[...]

The IMBA contribution does not support your wild assertion that a court
ruled that biking ruins solitude.

You lied, that's my only point here. You told a lie and can't provide the
support to prove it isn't a lie, therefore by your own definition, you are a
liar. The only way out of the lies you tell is to provide the proof that it
isn't a lie.

Mike Vandeman[_4_] April 18th 10 12:38 AM

On Apr 17, 10:22*am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
[...]

isn't a lie.- Hide quoted text -

I take it back. You aren't even as smart as a rock. A QUOTE, by
definition, is not a lie. I quoted IMBA. If anyone lied, it is IMBA.
And you, because you accused me of lying, when you should have known
that IMBA said it. Sheesh. Of course, you will never admit that you
were wrong, because you are dishonest to the core -- just like the
mountain bikers you defend..

Jeff Strickland[_2_] April 18th 10 05:02 PM

[...]

JS
Vandeman, you lying sack dog crap! Here is the IMBA quote, it says nothing
about solitude.

quote
"IMBA joined the legal proceedings and
provided written testimony asserting that mountain biking does not
compromise a landscape's wilderness attributes.

/quote

There is nothing in anything you posted to even begin to suggest that the
judge said biking ruins solitude. YOU said that the court ruled that
mountain biking ruins solitude. There is no evidence in your post to support
your wild assertion. You are a liar.

For a man that spends so much of his time jumping to the conclusion that
since one person in a white t-shirt lied then everybody wearing a whtie
t-shirt is a liar, it seems to me that you would take care that you would
not come around wearing a white t-shirt.

Jesus H. Christ, please tell me that as a PhD you can grasp a metaphor!

/JS

Shraga April 18th 10 07:11 PM

On Apr 17, 3:13*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

If you quoted IMBA, where is the reference? That's plagiarism, hardly
what anyone would consider "honest."

Since you chose the coward's route and hid the remainder of the
article (i.e., the truth), I'll post it for you again so everyone else
can read what it actually said and draw their own objective
conclusions.

For those who are interested, there are additional links following the
article providing further information and ways to get involved, if you
choose to side with the mountain bikers. If you choose Dr. Vandeman's
side, I'm sure he has advice for you, perhaps like posting on archaic
news groups with limited readership, writing letters to the editor of
your local paper, preaching to the converted, and ranting like a
lunatic.

From IMBA's 4/12/10 email to their mailing list:

"Last week, Montana mountain bikers saw trail access cut from 170
miles to just 20 miles in the Hyalite-Porcupine-Buffalo Horn area.

"The news led Bob Allen, a devoted Montana mountain bike advocate, to
say, "We are about to lose many, many miles of the best singletrack on
the planet."

"But IMBA has not given up on regaining access to these trails. And
neither should you.

"The restrictions stem from a lawsuit that challenged the Forest
Service's management of the area, setting the stage for similar
scenarios in Montana, and perhaps across the United States.

"Is your favorite trail next? It's essential that you donate to our
advocacy fund now and help IMBA protect the places we ride.

"The judge's decision was not based on environmental impacts caused by
mountain biking. It was intended to increase other trail users'
feeling of solitude.

"By donating to IMBA, you are helping put advocacy staff on the ground
in places where anti-mountain biking policies like this are debated.

"Because of your support we’re also able speak loudly on Capitol Hill.
IMBA staff meet with congressional leaders, testify before
congressional committees and conduct workshops on behalf of riders
like you.

"We all know that one of the best ways to enjoy America's superb
outdoor experiences is from the seat of a bike.

"But think about the magnitude and the importance of challenges we
face as trail users. Opponents to our sport are united and powerful.

"Take the lead with IMBA today and support our work to provide great
trail experiences."

More information is available he

http://www.imba.com/news/news_releas...es_trails.html

Edward Dolan April 19th 10 03:43 AM

Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude

"Shraga" wrote in message
[...]

If you quoted IMBA, where is the reference? That's plagiarism, hardly
what anyone would consider "honest."

Since you chose the coward's route and hid the remainder of the
article (i.e., the truth), I'll post it for you again so everyone else
can read what it actually said and draw their own objective
conclusions.

For those who are interested, there are additional links following the
article providing further information and ways to get involved, if you
choose to side with the mountain bikers. If you choose Dr. Vandeman's
side, I'm sure he has advice for you, perhaps like posting on archaic
news groups with limited readership, writing letters to the editor of
your local paper, preaching to the converted, and ranting like a
lunatic.

You are describing IMBA of course. A more criminal organization has never
existed.

From IMBA's 4/12/10 email to their mailing list:
[...]

"The judge's decision was not based on environmental impacts caused by
mountain biking. It was intended to increase other trail users'
feeling of solitude.

As usual Mr. Vandeman is 100% correct and everyone else (all the dumb
mountain bikers) are 100% wrong. It was part of the IMBA release and did
not require any quotation marks. After all, these newsgroups are mainly
for idiots, not scholars. Anyone who wants to read what the court actually
said is free to do so.

[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

aka

Mike Vandeman[_4_] April 19th 10 05:46 PM

On Apr 18, 9:02*am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
There is nothing in anything you posted to even begin to suggest that the
judge said biking ruins solitude. YOU said that the court ruled that
mountain biking ruins solitude. There is no evidence in your post to support
your wild assertion. You are a liar.

I never lie. The title was a QUOTE. I didn't write it. DUH! You get
dumber by the minute. I'm going to have to re-calibrate my dumb-meter,
just for you....

Mike Vandeman[_4_] April 19th 10 05:49 PM

On Apr 18, 11:11*am, Shraga wrote:
If you quoted IMBA, where is the reference? That's plagiarism, hardly
what anyone would consider "honest."

You are even dumber than Mr. Dumb! Quoting is simply accurate
reporting. Plagiarism is pretending that you wrote what you quote.
DUH! Have your mommie look it up in the dictionary for you....

Jeff Strickland[_2_] April 19th 10 06:42 PM

Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Apr 18, 9:02 am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
There is nothing in anything you posted to even begin to suggest that the
judge said biking ruins solitude. YOU said that the court ruled that
mountain biking ruins solitude. There is no evidence in your post to
support
your wild assertion. You are a liar.

I never lie.

JS
That is a lie all by itself. And, it's on top of the previous lie that is
simply another in a long line of them.

/JS

Jeff Strickland[_2_] April 19th 10 06:51 PM

Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Apr 18, 9:02 am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
There is nothing in anything you posted to even begin to suggest that the
judge said biking ruins solitude. YOU said that the court ruled that
mountain biking ruins solitude. There is no evidence in your post to
support
your wild assertion. You are a liar.

I never lie. The title was a QUOTE. I didn't write it. DUH! You get
dumber by the minute. I'm going to have to re-calibrate my dumb-meter,
just for you....

JS
Then post the part where the court says bikes ruin solitude. We have ample
proof that you make up stuff as you go along, this is just another fine
example. You have taken a statement out of context and made it into a
headline, then supported the headline with a paragraph that is also out of
context and says nothing about the topic that's in the headline.

Yeah, you need to recalibrate your stupid-meter so it catches the **** you
post and stops you from being stupid.

/JS

Shraga April 19th 10 07:22 PM

On Apr 19, 12:49*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Apr 18, 11:11*am, Shraga wrote:

If you quoted IMBA, where is the reference? That's plagiarism, hardly
what anyone would consider "honest."

You are even dumber than Mr. Dumb! Quoting is simply accurate
reporting. Plagiarism is pretending that you wrote what you quote.
DUH! Have your mommie look it up in the dictionary for you....

As usual, you dispense insults instead of reason when you're proven
wrong. Is that how you spoke to your committee chair at lunch?

Anyway, maybe you should open a book or two before making an ass of
yourself.

From Webster's:

"use (another's production) without crediting the source"

This is the SECOND time I've had to look up something in the
dictionary for you. Have you always been this lazy, or did you just
never learn how to use one?

Mike Vandeman[_4_] April 20th 10 12:31 AM

On Apr 19, 10:51*am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
Then post the part where the court says bikes ruin solitude.

I never said that. As I said before, IMBA said that. Ask your mommie
to read this for you:

From: "IMBA"
Subject: MT riders just lost trail access, are your trails next?
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:15:34 -0600

Urgent... IMBA needs your support right now
DONATE NOW!

Free The Trail socks feature a cool fold-down cuff. Every donation of
$35 or more earns a free pair. But hurry -- supplies are limited.

[...]

Thanks in advance for your donation,

Executive Director
International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA)

P.S. As a thank you, every donation of $35 or more earns a FREE pair
of FOX "Free The Trail" socks -- while supplies last. It's time to
protect our right to ride... please donate.

P.S.S. Read more about the situation in Montana.
207 Canyon, Suite 301
Boulder, CO 80302
United States

Mike Vandeman[_4_] April 20th 10 12:34 AM

On Apr 19, 11:22*am, Shraga wrote:
On Apr 19, 12:49*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Apr 18, 11:11*am, Shraga wrote:

If you quoted IMBA, where is the reference? That's plagiarism, hardly
what anyone would consider "honest."

You are even dumber than Mr. Dumb! Quoting is simply accurate
reporting. Plagiarism is pretending that you wrote what you quote.
DUH! Have your mommie look it up in the dictionary for you....

As usual, you dispense insults instead of reason when you're proven
wrong. Is that how you spoke to your committee chair at lunch?

I wasn't wrong.

Anyway, maybe you should open a book or two before making an ass of
yourself.

From Webster's:

"use (another's production) without crediting the source"

That's exactly what I said. As you can easily read in my post, IMBA
was identified as the source of the information.

Shraga April 20th 10 06:13 PM

On Apr 19, 7:34*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Apr 19, 11:22*am, Shraga wrote:

On Apr 19, 12:49*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Apr 18, 11:11*am, Shraga wrote:

If you quoted IMBA, where is the reference? That's plagiarism, hardly
what anyone would consider "honest."

You are even dumber than Mr. Dumb! Quoting is simply accurate
reporting. Plagiarism is pretending that you wrote what you quote.
DUH! Have your mommie look it up in the dictionary for you....

As usual, you dispense insults instead of reason when you're proven
wrong. Is that how you spoke to your committee chair at lunch?

I wasn't wrong.

Anyway, maybe you should open a book or two before making an ass of
yourself.

From Webster's:

"use (another's production) without crediting the source"

That's exactly what I said. As you can easily read in my post, IMBA
was identified as the source of the information.

Liar. "Exactly" what you wrote was "Plagiarism is pretending that you
wrote what you quote." What you wrote is preposterous, because no one
can verify your intent to determine objectively if you were
"pretending."

Maybe you need to look up the word "exactly" in the dictionary, fool.

IMBA was not identified as the source of your post. It was also not
identified as the source of the headline, which was the source of the
debate.

.... but you knew that, and chose to ignore that fact until after I
posted the original letter.

Jeff Strickland[_2_] April 21st 10 12:21 AM

Court Ruling Closes Trails, Says Mountain Biking Ruins Solitude

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Apr 19, 10:51 am, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
Then post the part where the court says bikes ruin solitude.

I never said that. As I said before, IMBA said that. Ask your mommie
to read this for you:

JS
I can read it myself. All you have to do is post it. As I said, you take a
statement out of context and support it with another statement that is also
out of context AND does not address the first statement.

Ask your mommie to explain, "out of context," to you. For a PhD, you sure
have alot of trouble keeping up.

/JS