CycleBanter.com

-   -   Recumbent trike (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58269)

Colin Blackburn June 9th 04 11:25 AM

Recumbent trike

A recumbent trike has just gone past my window (front of physics building,
Durham uni) Delta formation and low.

Colin

Colin Blackburn June 9th 04 12:02 PM

Recumbent trike

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:05:42 +0100, John Hearns wrote:

Shall we have a new collective noun for recumbents - a squadron?

For a mix of delta and tadpole trikes properly arranged for compactness
I'd suggest 'a tessellation of trikes.'

Colin

John Hearns June 9th 04 12:05 PM

Recumbent trike

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:25:24 +0100, Colin Blackburn wrote:

A recumbent trike has just gone past my window (front of physics building,
Durham uni) Delta formation and low.

Cue Dambusters March.
"OK chaps - assume delta formation for low level"
"Roger, wilco"

Sorry, feeling silly today.
Shall we have a new collective noun for recumbents - a squadron?

Just zis Guy, you know? June 9th 04 12:23 PM

Recumbent trike

Colin Blackburn wrote:

For a mix of delta and tadpole trikes properly arranged for
compactness I'd suggest 'a tessellation of trikes.'

Unless they are goign downa long hill, in which case it would be an elation
of trikes...

--
Guy
===

Victory is ours! Down with Eric the Half A Brain!

Dave Larrington June 9th 04 12:37 PM

Recumbent trike

John Hearns wrote:

Shall we have a new collective noun for recumbents - a squadron?

Correct. Back at Larrington Towers is my "Vulture Squadron On Tour In
Germany" T-shaped shirt, dating from shortly after the 1992 European HPV
Championships, when we were fed almost exclusively on horrible cheese.
Imagine, flogging all the way down to Munich and not even /seeing/ a
sausage! Bah!

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Just zis Guy, you know? June 9th 04 01:19 PM

Recumbent trike

Dave Larrington wrote:

Back at Larrington Towers is my "Vulture Squadron On Tour In
Germany" T-shaped shirt, dating from shortly after the 1992 European
HPV Championships, when we were fed almost exclusively on horrible
cheese.

On the plus side, if'n you needed to run up the occasional spare part, at
least you had the raw materials to hand...

--
Guy
===

Tony Raven June 9th 04 02:46 PM

Recumbent trike

Dave Larrington wrote:

Imagine, flogging all the way down to Munich and not even /seeing/ a
sausage! Bah!

The Wurst is yet to come

IGMC

Tony