CycleBanter.com

-   -   Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident: (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=253904)

Andre Jute[_2_] May 19th 17 12:48 AM

Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/a...cycle-accident

Andre Jute
Makes you think

James[_8_] May 19th 17 04:47 AM

On 19/05/17 09:48, Andre Jute wrote:
Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/a...cycle-accident

Andre Jute
Makes you think

More
http://www.cycleworld.com/nicky-hayden-was-hit-by-car-while-training-on-his-bicycle

--
JS

[email protected] May 19th 17 02:46 PM

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 4:48:36 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/a...cycle-accident

Andre Jute
Makes you think

I have heard that one of the most dangerous places in Europe to ride a bike now is in Italy. That for some unknown reason Italians now look down on bike riders.

Yesterday I was on a four lane road and some SOB motorcyclist passed me in my lane so closely in a turn that his helmet almost hit my arm.

Andre Jute[_2_] May 19th 17 11:50 PM

On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 2:46:14 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 4:48:36 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/a...cycle-accident

Andre Jute
Makes you think

I have heard that one of the most dangerous places in Europe to ride a bike now is in Italy. That for some unknown reason Italians now look down on bike riders.

Italy is dangerous for motorcar drivers, never mine cyclists. -- AJ

[email protected] May 22nd 17 08:31 PM

Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Nicky+H...SPN01&crslsl=0

an accident scene photo leaves a strong impression Niki ran the intersection

Doug Landau May 22nd 17 09:29 PM

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 12:31:09 PM UTC-7, wrote:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=Nicky+H...SPN01&crslsl=0

an accident scene photo leaves a strong impression Niki ran the intersection

I see is some search results. And that he passed away. RIP. Where is the photo to which you refer?

Andre Jute[_2_] May 23rd 17 03:32 AM

Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

Nicky Hayden, hit by a car while cycling in Italy, has died. RIP.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/39972058

[email protected] May 23rd 17 04:03 AM

Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

Photos scroll down ...

https://www.google.com/search?site=&...k1.DTyT6ezXZ-4

I did not see the windshield first viewing ...windsheild and focal length down street to investigator suggest car speed not so much car position at road intersection. The car is black.

Sepp Ruf May 23rd 17 10:28 AM

Doug Landau wrote:
On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 12:31:09 PM UTC-7, wrote:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=Nicky+H...SPN01&crslsl=0

an accident scene photo leaves a strong impression Niki ran the intersection

I see is some search results. And that he passed away. RIP.

analysis by location:

Hayden rode on Via Ca'Raffaelli
Peugeot driver, supposedly speeding, on Via Tavoleto

Same hospital, actual (tri)athlete, mangled by trucker idiot. R.I.P.:
http://www.planetatriatlon.com/muere-la-triatleta-julia-viellehner-tras-atropellada-camion-unos-dias/
Makes me wonder if we'll ever see automated driving software steer the user
off the mountain, instead, deservedly.

[email protected] May 23rd 17 11:31 AM

Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

AAA SEP ! worth a look.

The first photo sports both dynamics with Nick's journey to the 'other' side.