CycleBanter.com

-   -   Terror in New York (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=257722)

Frank Krygowski[_2_] July 14th 19 04:08 PM

Terror in New York

Terror, outrage and protest in New York City:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/n...atalities.html

- Frank Krygowski

Chalo July 14th 19 11:09 PM

Terror in New York

It's the cars. New York would be a remarkably good city without them. With them, it's a congested, noisy, polluted pit of hostility and ill health.

jOHN b. July 14th 19 11:45 PM

Terror in New York

On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 08:08:28 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Terror, outrage and protest in New York City:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/n...atalities.html

- Frank Krygowski

Your referenced site tells me to "Create your free account or log in
to get 10 articles a month" and won't let me read nothing ;-)

--
cheers,

John B.

AMuzi July 15th 19 12:29 AM

Terror in New York

On 7/14/2019 5:09 PM, Chalo wrote:
It's the cars. New York would be a remarkably good city without them. With them, it's a congested, noisy, polluted pit of hostility and ill health.

Right after Warner Wilhelm begins to lead by example:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/08/de-bla...m-in-brooklyn/

Start holding your breath right now...

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

AMuzi July 15th 19 12:34 AM

Terror in New York

wrote:

Terror, outrage and protest in New York City:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/n...atalities.html

- Frank Krygowski

Your referenced site tells me to "Create your free account or log in
to get 10 articles a month" and won't let me read nothing ;-)

Me too. I don't click NYT links.

I did buy an actual paper on 4 July when my usual paper
didn't publish. Utter waste of money and of dead trees.

JBeattie July 15th 19 01:31 AM

Terror in New York

On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 4:29:11 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/14/2019 5:09 PM, Chalo wrote:
It's the cars. New York would be a remarkably good city without them. With them, it's a congested, noisy, polluted pit of hostility and ill health.

Right after Warner Wilhelm begins to lead by example:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/08/de-bla...m-in-brooklyn/

Start holding your breath right now...

Are we talking about the same NYC? The subways certainly aren't an oasis, except for rats. I was noticing a while back that the subway rats are incredibly healthy looking with shiny coats and wet noses. We should collect them as a food crop or for their fur. Ship the meat to the great state of West Virginia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_meat They can cook it up with clean coal. And we could all have fine rat-fur coats.

News of the day, I was riding along out in the country and got chased by a chicken. It was terrifying.

-- Jay Beattie.

Chalo July 15th 19 01:35 AM

Terror in New York

Tom Kunich wrote:
With all of this congestion, noise, pollution, hostility and ill health perhaps you
can explain why since 1900 the life expectancy of a white man in NYC has gone from 47
years to 72 years while a black man has gone from 33 years to about he same 72?

Proximity to immediate help; proximity to medical care. You can get many chances to die in a place like that.

You don't have to spend a lot of time examining New Yorkers to see that huffing exhaust is bad for you. If you're from a less car-infested place, you can't fail to notice.

Chalo July 15th 19 01:45 AM

Terror in New York

Jay Beattie wrote:
News of the day, I was riding along out in the country and got chased by a
chicken. It was terrifying.

Chicken ferocity is amazing. I saw my rooster Jackie Chan bluff-charge hawks, attack me and leave me with scars I still wear, and face down all kinds of other critters you'd think were completely out of a chicken's league. They have no idea they're just chickens.

Frank Krygowski[_2_] July 15th 19 03:30 AM

Terror in New York

On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 8:31:21 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:

News of the day, I was riding along out in the country and got chased by a chicken. It was terrifying.

A few years ago I was alone on one of my favorite roads, a little narrow one straddled
by a farmyard right at a tight right angle bend. Just as I got to the bend, a
chicken ran right across the road in front of me.

As I hit the brakes hard, I said to the chicken "Now why did you do that?"
The woman sitting on the porch 20 feet away burst out laughing at the old joke.

- Frank Krygowski

jOHN b. July 15th 19 03:36 AM

Terror in New York

On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 19:30:08 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 8:31:21 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:

News of the day, I was riding along out in the country and got chased by a chicken. It was terrifying.

A few years ago I was alone on one of my favorite roads, a little narrow one straddled
by a farmyard right at a tight right angle bend. Just as I got to the bend, a
chicken ran right across the road in front of me.

As I hit the brakes hard, I said to the chicken "Now why did you do that?"
The woman sitting on the porch 20 feet away burst out laughing at the old joke.

- Frank Krygowski

I assume that you know "why the chicken crossed the road?"
--
cheers,

John B.