CycleBanter.com

-   -   Cyclists disrupt war memorial service again by ignoring road closure. (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=254370)

MrCheerful August 4th 17 04:21 PM

Cyclists disrupt war memorial service again by ignoring road closure.

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

Mr Pounder Esquire August 4th 17 10:16 PM

MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

They always have been scum and always will be scum.

jnugent August 4th 17 11:59 PM

On 04/08/2017 22:16, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

They always have been scum and always will be scum.

I don't accept that cyclists have always been scum.

They may (in the main) be so *now*, but the man who used to call to
collect my grandmother's Prudential money each week was respectable,
law-abiding, considerate, pleasant and even wore bicycle clips on his
suit trousers.

MrCheerful August 5th 17 12:01 AM

MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

They always have been scum and always will be scum.

I don't accept that cyclists have always been scum.

They may (in the main) be so *now*, but the man who used to call to
collect my grandmother's Prudential money each week was respectable,
law-abiding, considerate, pleasant and even wore bicycle clips on his
suit trousers.

50 years ago cyclists were, in general, law abiding, respectable,
respectful road users.

Bod[_5_] August 5th 17 07:15 AM

MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

They always have been scum and always will be scum.

I don't accept that cyclists have always been scum.
They may (in the main) be so *now*, but the man who used to call to
collect my grandmother's Prudential money each week was respectable,
law-abiding, considerate, pleasant and even wore bicycle clips on his
suit trousers.

50 years ago cyclists were, in general, law abiding, respectable,
respectful road users.

My point precisely.

Cyclists are angels compared to the moped muggers.
Now they really are scum.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3604036.html

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....-cars-11352492

TMS320 August 5th 17 09:35 AM

On 04/08/17 16:21, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

If they "came haring through" how come there was time to have a
conversation with them?

Perhaps the riders could have been more sensitive to the situation but
similarly there are many people that are over obsessed with the idea
there is some sort of difference between walking and riding slowly.

Bod[_5_] August 5th 17 09:39 AM

On 05/08/2017 09:35, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/08/17 16:21, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

If they "came haring through" how come there was time to have a
conversation with them?

Perhaps the riders could have been more sensitive to the situation but
similarly there are many people that are over obsessed with the idea
there is some sort of difference between walking and riding slowly.

Come on! the cyclists were bloody disrespectful. There's no other way to
paint it.

TMS320 August 5th 17 11:06 AM

On 05/08/17 09:39, Bod wrote:
On 05/08/2017 09:35, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/08/17 16:21, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

If they "came haring through" how come there was time to have a
conversation with them?

Perhaps the riders could have been more sensitive to the situation but
similarly there are many people that are over obsessed with the idea
there is some sort of difference between walking and riding slowly.

Come on! the cyclists were bloody disrespectful. There's no other way to
paint it.

It the road was closed to through traffic, the correct thing to do was
to wait until the end of the ceremony or find another way round.

They did not do that but people want to make an issue out of them not
getting off to walk.

I have driven through a ceremony where they obviously didn't get
permission to close the road. Should I and all the other drivers going
through have got out and pushed?

Bod[_5_] August 5th 17 11:14 AM

On 05/08/2017 11:06, TMS320 wrote:
On 05/08/17 09:39, Bod wrote:
[...]

You're attitude stinks. I would have immediately dismounted and so would
any other members of my family.
It's cyclists like you that give decent cyclists a bad name.