CycleBanter.com

-   -   The BMA Promote Safer Cycling (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=202197)

Peter Keller[_3_] June 12th 18 10:14 AM

The BMA Promote Safer Cycling

On 12/06/18 05:15, wrote:
On Sunday, 19 April 2009 18:52:35 UTC+1, Judith Smith wrote:
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 17:30:54 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

snip

I can't see helmet compulsion for adults ever coming in. The cycling lobby
is huge and when under attack or when needs must, closes ranks and comes
together.

Wishful thinking my old fruit.

The public at large will see it as justice and penance for all those V
signs given out by cyclists, all those riding on the pavement, all
those "Get on the motorway", all those jumping through red lights, all
those ignoring pedestrian crossings, all those .......

Get the drift?

It will happen - just a matter of time.

Why do you think that some of the ****wits here are actually
anti-helmet?

It is almost 10 years since this was written and cycle hat compulsion is even further away now.

Ah Judith.
Where is it now? What is it doing?

Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_] June 13th 18 07:15 PM

wrote:

snip

I can't see helmet compulsion for adults ever coming in. The cycling
lobby is huge and when under attack or when needs must, closes ranks
and comes together.

Wishful thinking my old fruit.

The public at large will see it as justice and penance for all those
V signs given out by cyclists, all those riding on the pavement, all
those "Get on the motorway", all those jumping through red lights,
all those ignoring pedestrian crossings, all those .......

Get the drift?

It will happen - just a matter of time.

Why do you think that some of the ****wits here are actually
anti-helmet?

It is almost 10 years since this was written and cycle hat compulsion
is even further away now.

Please don't bring back the J person.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

Rob Morley June 15th 18 02:39 AM

The BMA Promote Safer Cycling

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 21:14:43 +1200
Peter Keller wrote:

Where is it now? What is it doing?

Is it not still here? I assumed it was just getting blocked by my
filter rules.

Peter Keller[_3_] June 15th 18 10:42 AM

Peter Keller wrote:

Where is it now? What is it doing?

Is it not still here? I assumed it was just getting blocked by my
filter rules.

I have no filter rules or killfile.
I have only seen it very sporadically for about five years.
It may have died from too much smoke inhalation in its mother's basement.