CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Blinding Oncoming Cyclists With Strobe LEDs, Is This The Best Way? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=172376)

rms[_2_] October 25th 07 10:27 PM

Blinding Oncoming Cyclists With Strobe LEDs, Is This The Best Way?

Hi, I've noticed that LED strobe headlights are incredibly effective at
neutralizing oncoming bike traffic into quaking fear, so they grip the
handlebars for dear life as I zoom past laughing, safe in the knowledge that
their eyes won't regain nightvision for several minutes.

But are there improved versions available? Perhaps LED strobes tuned to
specific seizure-inducing frequencies that will cause all brain function to
cease, or headlamps that can be pointed directly into the face? Roadies Who
Own The Night need to know. It's a constant battle to maintain supremacy
out there on the mean bikepaths.

rms

max October 26th 07 12:27 AM

Blinding Oncoming Cyclists With Strobe LEDs, Is This The Best Way?

In article ,
"rms" wrote:

Hi, I've noticed that LED strobe headlights are incredibly effective at
neutralizing oncoming bike traffic into quaking fear, so they grip the
handlebars for dear life as I zoom past laughing, safe in the knowledge that
their eyes won't regain nightvision for several minutes.

But are there improved versions available? Perhaps LED strobes tuned to
specific seizure-inducing frequencies that will cause all brain function to
cease, or headlamps that can be pointed directly into the face? Roadies Who
Own The Night need to know. It's a constant battle to maintain supremacy
out there on the mean bikepaths.

rms

helmet-mounted HID.

--
The part of betatron @ earthlink . net was played by a garden gnome

Bob October 26th 07 01:31 AM

On Oct 25, 4:27 pm, "rms" wrote:
Hi, I've noticed that LED strobe headlights are incredibly effective at
neutralizing oncoming bike traffic into quaking fear, so they grip the
handlebars for dear life as I zoom past laughing, safe in the knowledge that
their eyes won't regain nightvision for several minutes.

But are there improved versions available? Perhaps LED strobes tuned to
specific seizure-inducing frequencies that will cause all brain function to
cease, or headlamps that can be pointed directly into the face? Roadies Who
Own The Night need to know. It's a constant battle to maintain supremacy
out there on the mean bikepaths.

rms

You poor troll, you. True "roadies" ride on the *road*. That's where
the name originates.

Patrick Lamb October 26th 07 03:51 AM

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:31:01 -0700, Bob wrote:

On Oct 25, 4:27 pm, "rms" wrote:
Hi, I've noticed that LED strobe headlights are incredibly effective at
neutralizing oncoming bike traffic into quaking fear, so they grip the
handlebars for dear life as I zoom past laughing, safe in the knowledge that
their eyes won't regain nightvision for several minutes.

But are there improved versions available? Perhaps LED strobes tuned to
specific seizure-inducing frequencies that will cause all brain function to
cease, or headlamps that can be pointed directly into the face? Roadies Who
Own The Night need to know. It's a constant battle to maintain supremacy
out there on the mean bikepaths.

rms

You poor troll, you. True "roadies" ride on the *road*. That's where
the name originates.

Was that SMS-- ?
Email address works as is.

Rex Kerr October 30th 07 12:34 AM

On Oct 25, 2:27 pm, "rms" wrote:
Hi, I've noticed that LED strobe headlights are incredibly effective at
neutralizing oncoming bike traffic into quaking fear, so they grip the
handlebars for dear life as I zoom past laughing, safe in the knowledge that
their eyes won't regain nightvision for several minutes.

I encountered one of those for the first time while riding home the
other day... Sure to enduce road rage and increase your changes of
being run down by oncoming cars!