CycleBanter.com

-   -   Missing brake bits from Flying Pigeon bicycle (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=193376)

Rocket J Squirrel August 28th 08 01:17 AM

Missing brake bits from Flying Pigeon bicycle

My son's made in mainland China Flying Pigeon ("The All-Steel Bicycle")
is missing some of the front brake bits.

See the album at

http://picasaweb.google.com/j.michael.elliott/Bicycles

(Ignore the Jamis BB photo, that's for another subject.)

The tire size (40-635 28 X 1-1/2) is described on Sheldon's site as
found on "Indian Rod-brake roadsters," which pretty much describes these
brakes.

If anyone knows of a source for the missing brake bits, it would be a
great help as the bike is a matter of great pride for my son.

On another subject, the folk at the LBSs said that these tires are no
longer available. True?

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"

John Forrest Tomlinson August 28th 08 01:26 AM

Missing brake bits from Flying Pigeon bicycle

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:17:57 -0700, Rocket J Squirrel
wrote:

If anyone knows of a source for the missing brake bits, it would be a
great help as the bike is a matter of great pride for my son.

You should say where you or your son are located.

Brian Huntley August 28th 08 02:19 AM

Missing brake bits from Flying Pigeon bicycle

On Aug 27, 8:17*pm, Rocket J Squirrel
wrote:
My son's made in mainland China Flying Pigeon ("The All-Steel Bicycle")
is missing some of the front brake bits.

See the album at

http://picasaweb.google.com/j.michael.elliott/Bicycles

(Ignore the Jamis BB photo, that's for another subject.)

The tire size (40-635 28 X 1-1/2) is described on Sheldon's site as
found on "Indian Rod-brake roadsters," which pretty much describes these
brakes.

If anyone knows of a source for the missing brake bits, it would be a
great help as the bike is a matter of great pride for my son.

On another subject, the folk at the LBSs said that these tires are no
longer available. True?

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"

The tires (or tyres) are available. See
hhttp://www.bikepartsusa.com/bikeparts/category.cgi?item=01-82520 for
example.

Your LBS is too L.

SMS August 28th 08 02:36 AM

Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
My son's made in mainland China Flying Pigeon ("The All-Steel Bicycle")
is missing some of the front brake bits.

See the album at

http://picasaweb.google.com/j.michael.elliott/Bicycles

(Ignore the Jamis BB photo, that's for another subject.)

The tire size (40-635 28 X 1-1/2) is described on Sheldon's site as
found on "Indian Rod-brake roadsters," which pretty much describes these
brakes.

If anyone knows of a source for the missing brake bits, it would be a
great help as the bike is a matter of great pride for my son.

On another subject, the folk at the LBSs said that these tires are no
longer available. True?

The tires you can get at "http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/tires/635.html"

They also claim to have some parts available but it looks like you're
missing a lot.

I'm sure that if you go to China you can find these pieces.

Tom Sherman[_2_] August 28th 08 03:15 AM

Rocket J Squirrel aka Mike Elliott wrote:
My son's made in mainland China Flying Pigeon ("The All-Steel Bicycle")
is missing some of the front brake bits.

See the album at

http://picasaweb.google.com/j.michael.elliott/Bicycles

(Ignore the Jamis BB photo, that's for another subject.)

The tire size (40-635 28 X 1-1/2) is described on Sheldon's site as
found on "Indian Rod-brake roadsters," which pretty much describes these
brakes.

Andrew Muzi imports genuine Indian Rod-brake roadsters;
http://www.yellowjersey.org/EASTMAN.HTML. Send him an email to see if
he has the proper parts.

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”

A Muzi August 28th 08 03:37 AM

Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
My son's made in mainland China Flying Pigeon ("The All-Steel Bicycle")
is missing some of the front brake bits.

See the album at

http://picasaweb.google.com/j.michael.elliott/Bicycles

(Ignore the Jamis BB photo, that's for another subject.)

The tire size (40-635 28 X 1-1/2) is described on Sheldon's site as
found on "Indian Rod-brake roadsters," which pretty much describes these
brakes.

If anyone knows of a source for the missing brake bits, it would be a
great help as the bike is a matter of great pride for my son.

On another subject, the folk at the LBSs said that these tires are no
longer available. True?

I did a web search for 'roadster spares'. Here's the first result:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/eastbits.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Mike Rocket J Squirrel August 28th 08 03:42 AM

wrote:

If anyone knows of a source for the missing brake bits, it would be a
great help as the bike is a matter of great pride for my son.

You should say where you or your son are located.

Sorry, right. Bend, Oregon, USA.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"

Tom Sherman[_2_] August 28th 08 03:55 AM

A. Muzi wrote:
Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
My son's made in mainland China Flying Pigeon ("The All-Steel
Bicycle") is missing some of the front brake bits.

See the album at

http://picasaweb.google.com/j.michael.elliott/Bicycles

(Ignore the Jamis BB photo, that's for another subject.)

The tire size (40-635 28 X 1-1/2) is described on Sheldon's site as
found on "Indian Rod-brake roadsters," which pretty much describes
these brakes.

If anyone knows of a source for the missing brake bits, it would be a
great help as the bike is a matter of great pride for my son.

On another subject, the folk at the LBSs said that these tires are no
longer available. True?

I did a web search for 'roadster spares'. Here's the first result:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/eastbits.html

You are the second result on the second page on Google.

Carl Sundquist August 28th 08 04:44 AM

"SMS" wrote in message
Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
[...]

I've seen them all over the place in Cuba, too.