CycleBanter.com

-   Social Issues (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The high cost of mountain biking! (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=251197)

EdwardDolan June 25th 16 11:48 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

Can you imagine the stupidity of anyone crazy enough to spend thousands of
dollars on a bike just to be able to ride single track trails when you can
walk them for free. If you can, then join the club of ultimate Assholes -
Mountain Bikers! Not only do they spend this kind of money, but they also
manage to injure and kill themselves doing it. It is the ultimate
Jackassery!

Further, can you imagine spending $9000 and then having no
good place to ride it? (psychologists call that
"Cognitive Dissonance"). That's why mountain
bikers are always beating the bushes to find or make new trails which is a
criminal activity.

I say not only death to mountain biking, but death to mountain bikers
themselves. I rejoice when I hear of their mishaps - which prove to be on
unending stream of reports in the media.

Cannondale 2015 Mountain Bikes:

2015 CANNONDALE Jekyll Carbon 2 $3,100
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger Carbon Black Inc. $7,800
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger Carbon Team $5300
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger Carbon 2 $3,100
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger 29 Carbon Team $5,100
2015 CANNONDALE Trigger 29 Carbon 2 $3,100
2015 CANNONDALE Scalpel 29 Carbon Black Inc. $8,900
2015 CANNONDALE Scalpel 29 Carbon Team $5,600
2015 CANNONDALE Scalpel 29 Carbon 2 $2,900
2015 CANNONDALE F-Si Carbon Black Inc. $8,300
2015 CANNONDALE F-Si Carbon Team $5,600
2015 CANNONDALE F-Si Carbon 1 $4,000

Cannondale 2015 Road Bikes:
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team $6,200
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Dura Ace Di2 $5,100
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD RED, Racing Edition $3,500
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Dura Ace 2 $2,400
2015 CANNONDALE Synapse Hi-MOD Black Inc. Disc $6,200
2015 CANNONDALE Synapse Hi-MOD SRAM Red Disc $4,000
2015 CANNONDALE Synapse Hi-MOD Ultegra Disc $2,400
2015 CANNONDALE Slice Dura Ace Di2 $5,100
2015 CANNONDALE Slice Ultegra Di2 $2,200
2015 CANNONDALE SuperX Hi-MOD SRAM Red Disc $2,900
2015 CANNONDALE SuperSix EVO Women's Hi-MOD Black Inc. $5,100
2015 CANNONDALE Slice Women's Di2 Ultegra $2,200
2015 CANNONDALE Synapse Hi-MOD Women's Black Inc. $4,500

Specialized 2015 Mountain Bikes:

2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS EPIC 29 WORLD CUP $7,500
2015 SPECIALIZED EPIC ELITE CARBON WORLD CUP $2,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS STUMPJUMPER 29 $6,300
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS STUMPJUMPER 29 WORLD CUP $4,800
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON WORLD CUP $2,000
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON 29 $2,000
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS CAMBER 29 $6,400
2015 SPECIALIZED CAMBER EXPERT CARBON 29 $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED CAMBER EXPERT CARBON EVO 29 $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS STUMPJUMPER FSR 29 $6,500
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER FSR EXPERT CARBON 29 $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER FSR EXPERT CARBON EVO 29 $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER FSR EXPERT CARBON EVO 650B $2,900
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ENDURO 29 $6,300
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ENDURO 650B $6,300
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO EXPERT CARBON 29 $3,600
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO EXPERT CARBON 650B $3,600
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO EXPERT EVO 650B $3,600
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO ELITE 29 $2,000
2015 SPECIALIZED ENDURO ELITE 650B $2,000
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS DEMO 8 $6,000
2015 SPECIALIZED DEMO 8 II $3,800
2015 SPECIALIZED DEMO 8 I CARBON $3,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ERA 29 $8,000
2015 SPECIALIZED ERA EXPERT CARBON 29 $3,300
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS FATE CARBON 29 $5,500
2015 SPECIALIZED RUMOR EXPERT EVO 29 $2,000

Specialized 2015 Road Bikes:
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS TARMAC DURA-ACE $5,250
2015 SPECIALIZED TARMAC PRO DISC RACE $3,200
2015 SPECIALIZED TARMAC PRO RACE $2,600
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ALLEZ DI2 $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS VENGE DURA-ACE DI2 $6,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS VENGE DURA-ACE $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED VENGE PRO RACE $2,500
2015 SPECIALIZED VENGE LUNCH RACE $2,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ROUBAIX SL4 DISC DI2 $6,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ROUBAIX SL4 DURA-ACE $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED ROUBAIX SL4 PRO DISC RACE UDI2 $4,500
2015 SPECIALIZED ROUBAIX SL4 PRO DISC RACE $3,000
2015 SPECIALIZED ROUBAIX SL4 PRO RACE $2,500
2015 SPECIALIZED DIVERGE CARBON DI2 $5,500
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS SHIV DI2 $8,000
2015 SPECIALIZED SHIV PRO RACE $3,750
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS CRUX EVO DI2 $7,000
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS CRUX DI2 $6,500
2015 SPECIALIZED CRUX PRO RACE UDI2 $4,300
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS AMIRA SL4 $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED AMIRA SL4 PRO RACE $2,600
2015 SPECIALIZED S-WORKS RUBY $5,000
2015 SPECIALIZED RUBY PRO DISC DI2 $3,800
2015 SPECIALIZED ALIAS PRO TRI $3,000

Trek 2015 Road Bikes:
2015 Trek Custom Émonda SLR $8,900
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 10 $12,700
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 9 $9,000
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 9 WSD $9,000
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 8 $4,400
2015 Trek Émonda SLR 6 $2,200
2015 Trek Custom Madone 7 Series $8,500
2015 Trek Madone 7.9 $8,500
2015 Trek Madone 7.9 WSD $8,500
2015 Trek Madone 7.7 $4,200
2015 Trek Custom Silque SSL $3,500
2015 Trek Silque SSL $3,500
2015 Trek Custom Domane 6 Series $3,800
2015 Trek Domane 6.9 Disc $4,800
2015 Trek Domane 6.9 $4,200
2015 Trek Domane 6.2 Disc $2,100
2015 Trek Boone 9 Disc $3,200
2015 Trek Crockett 9 Disc $2,200
2015 Trek Custom Speed Concept 9 Series $8,500
2015 Trek Speed Concept 9.9 $8,500
2015 Trek Speed Concept 9.8 $4,800
2015 Trek Speed Concept 9.5 $3,000
2015 Trek Speed Concept 9.5 WSD $3,000

Trek 2015 Mountain Bikes:
2015 Trek Custom Superfly FS 9.9 SL $5,300
2015 Trek Superfly FS 9.9 SL XTR $5,300
2015 Trek Superfly FS 9.9 SL XX1 $6,400
2015 Trek Superfly FS 9.8 SL $2,200
2015 Trek Custom Superfly 9.9 SL $4,300
2015 Trek Superfly 9.9 SL XTR $4,300
2015 Trek Superfly 9.9 SL XX1 $5,300
2015 Trek Superfly 9.8 SL $2,000
2015 Trek Lush Carbon 27.5 $2,500
2015 Trek Remedy 9.9 27.5 $5,300
2015 Trek Remedy 9.8 27.5 $2,500
2015 Trek Remedy 9.9 29 $5,300
2015 Trek Remedy 9.8 29 $2,500
2015 Trek Custom Fuel EX 9.9 29 $5,300
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.9 29 XTR $5,300
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.9 29 XX1 $6,400
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.8 29 $2,200
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.9 27.5 Di2 $6,400
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.9 27.5 $5,300
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.8 27.5 $2,200
2015 Trek Slash 9.9 27.5 $5,300
2015 Trek Slash 9.8 27.5 $2,700
2015 Trek Session 9.9 DH 27.5 $5,900
2015 Trek Session 9.8 Park 26 $3,800
2015 Trek Session 88 DH 27.5 $2,200

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

John B.[_6_] June 26th 16 06:45 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 05:48:51 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

[...]

Ah, welcome back Eddy, we've missed you and, while it may be old age,
we'd completely forgotten about a bicycle having wheels. Thank you for
remind us. It certainly is embarrassing to be a cyclist and forget
about the wheels.

I did delete your pretentious posting of the cost of those demon
mountain bikes, but I'm afraid that you missed some important costs.

You see, I did a little research and have discovered that the "hikers"
are also paying large sums of money to equip themselves for their
arduous trips

From what I read, the basic equipment for the serious hiker is some
$1241.00. Just to take a walk in the woods.

This itemized list shows the following:

Hiking boots Saloman - $240

Pole Leki carbon fiber - $200
"The Leki Carbon Ti is a sweet lightweight pole that features the most
comfortable foam grip in our review."

Hat - Tilley LTM6 Airflo Hat - $84.00

Jacket - THERMOBALL\u2122 JACKET - $220

Shirt - MEN\u2019S EXPLORE FLEECE CREW Shirt - $40.00

Pack - Osprey Atmos 65 AG Pack - $259.95

Pants - Arc'teryx Gamma LT - $179

Socks - Lorpen PrimaLoft Midweight Hiker Crew Sock - $22

Underwear - Both men's and women's

Note: being a polite gentleman I did not feel it necessary to
investigate these intimate items of apparel but I did notice that they
come in both male and female versions and some of them have
"anti-chafe" properties.

It is interesting that while the modern hiker requires some $1,241 to
outfit himself for a walk in the woods The initial request for funding
the Lewis and Clark expedition that hiked over half way across the
entire U.S. was $2,500.

I thought the description of the $200 hiking with the comfortable foam
grip, was particularly revealing. One can only assume that the modern
"hiker" is a rather effete individual with soft hands.

Can you imagine if one gets a blister on his/her finger? "Oh, Quick!
Call 911 and get me a helicopter ambulance to the hospital".

Another item of interest is "how do these hikers get to the forest?
Well being "trekkers" one would assume that they would walk, but
apparently they don't as every forest or park seems to have a large
parking lot. Strangely it appears that modern "trekkers" don't
actually trek.

It is apparent that the modern "Trekker" is a soft effete individual
with tender hands who drives to the forest, dons over a thousand
dollars of clothing and "treks" through the forest for, perhaps, 4
hours and then drives home imagining that he is a real men. And being
exhausted, goes to bed early.

How Pitiful you are.
--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan June 26th 16 09:31 AM

wrote:

[...]

[...]

I see that John B.(Bull****ter) has at long last posted some content, so he
will reap the reward of a reply.

I did delete your pretentious posting of the cost of those demon

mountain bikes, but I'm afraid that you missed some important costs.

Even I, a bicycles enthusiast, was taken aback by the cost of high end
bicycles these days!

You see, I did a little research and have discovered that the "hikers"

are also paying large sums of money to equip themselves for their
arduous trips

From what I read, the basic equipment for the serious hiker is some

[...]

All of the above listed costs for hiking are absurd, especially for day
hikes. But even overnight hikes do not cost much more. Any and all hiking
and camping gear that I have ever used were bought at stores like K-Mart and
Wal-Mart. What the hell are you blathering about anyway? And what the ****
is a hiking pole?

Can you imagine if one gets a blister on his/her finger? "Oh, Quick!

Call 911 and get me a helicopter ambulance to the hospital".

An example here of John B.(Bull****ter) wit and humor. Anyone think this is
funny?

Another item of interest is "how do these hikers get to the forest?

Well being "trekkers" one would assume that they would walk, but
apparently they don't as every forest or park seems to have a large
parking lot. Strangely it appears that modern "trekkers" don't
actually trek.

If you tried to trek the highways and byways of this country you would not
last long. Too many motor vehicles.

It is apparent that the modern "Trekker" is a soft effete individual

with tender hands who drives to the forest, dons over a thousand
dollars of clothing and "treks" through the forest for, perhaps, 4
hours and then drives home imagining that he is a real men. And being
exhausted, goes to bed early.

I think you have just described yourself above. I hiked for a solid 10 years
all over the country when I was in the decade of my 30s, and I did it on a
shoe string. I never imagined I was a real man, but I did imagine that I was
gaining an experience of a human being connecting with the natural world and
with Mother Earth. In all that time, I NEVER encountered a single mountain
bike on any trail. I took all of that for granted, never realizing just how
rare an experience I had. Too bad idiots like you will never know what you
have missed.

How Pitiful you are.

Save it for yourself, you god damn ****ing moron.

news16 June 26th 16 09:58 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

And what the **** is a hiking pole?

Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

John B.[_6_] June 27th 16 01:38 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 08:58:40 -0000 (UTC), news16
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

And what the **** is a hiking pole?

Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

Gee, Old Eddy the "hiker" doesn't know what a hiking pole is? And
apparently he doesn't know how google search works either as when I
goggled on "hiking pole" I got 3,330,000 hits.

It sort of makes one wonder... is he really a hiker? If he is why
doesn't he know what a hiking pole is? After all nearly throe and a
half million other people know about hiking poles. But Eddie the Boy
doesn't.

Perhaps he isn't a hiker. Perhaps he is just a old foggy who wants to
get his name in the newspaper. After all hardly anyone knew his mentor
out there in California until he attacked a biker with a saw. Wow!~
Then he got his name in the news.

Maybe that is Eddie's plan. But being a bit cowardly it is obvious
that he is terrified going to jail as his hero did, so likely he is
sort of slinking around the edges of being a real, true, brave, anti
biker and to prove how intrepid he is he posted a cut and paste effort
listing many, many, mountain bikes and their prices.

Our hero the nemesis of the mountain bikers.

)or maybe just the local idiot)
--
cheers,

John B.

John B.[_6_] June 27th 16 01:38 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

From what I read, the basic equipment for the serious hiker is some

[...]

Oh, you hiked for a decade? 10 years? Of hiking? No working? You must
have had very indulgent parents to support you for all those years.

And you "gaining an experience of a human being connecting with the
natural world and with Mother Earth".

What utter nonsense. Can you explain just what this "being connected
with the natural world" means? You lived under a tree and raised your
own food? Or maybe you cut down the primeval trees and built your own
cabin?

No, you didn't do that, what you actually did was wonder around, with
your stove bought gear, on trails built by someone else, and
fantasized that you were communing with nature.

The word commune, as you seem to use it means "communicate intimately
with; be in a state of heightened, intimate receptivity".

So, intimate reception... with a tree? Did you talk with them? Did
they answer?

Ed, even today there are a very large areas all over the world where
there actually is untouched wilderness. If this communing is such an
important thing why aren't you somewhere in Northern Canada, Alaska,
Borneo, maybe New Guinea, Mongolia, Tibet, to name a few. if you were
really "connecting with the natural world" wouldn't an actual
uninhabited wilderness provide a much more satisfying experience.

But you don't care for that do you. You don't actually want to go out
into the in primitive areas. Why they don't have air conditioning.

What you actually want some sort of pseudo primitive with little
cabins to sleep in, flush toilets and running water. Then you can
enjoy communing with nature... oh, don't forget the mosquito spray.

You appear to be either a complete phony or the sort of person who has
a pet rock.

Save it for yourself, you god damn ****ing moron.

So, you object hearing the truth, and reply with curses and filthy
language.

--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan June 27th 16 11:14 AM

wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

And what the **** is a hiking pole?

Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

Gee, Old Eddy the "hiker" doesn't know what a hiking pole is? And

apparently he doesn't know how google search works either as when I
goggled on "hiking pole" I got 3,330,000 hits.

All you know is how to Google. You also have no idea of what "hits" are
about. The problem remains the same - you are an idiot!

It sort of makes one wonder... is he really a hiker? If he is why

doesn't he know what a hiking pole is? After all nearly throe and a
half million other people know about hiking poles. But Eddie the Boy
doesn't.

And you have never heard of anyone who went hiking without a ****ing hiking
pole? How about sticking one up your dumb ass.

Perhaps he isn't a hiker. Perhaps he is just a old foggy who wants to

get his name in the newspaper. After all hardly anyone knew his mentor
out there in California until he attacked a biker with a saw. Wow!~
Then he got his name in the news.

Everyone in the mountain biking community knows full well the Great Mike
Vandeman - and they fear him besides. The kind of Assholes they don’t know
are imbeciles like you.

Maybe that is Eddie's plan. But being a bit cowardly it is obvious

that he is terrified going to jail as his hero did, so likely he is
sort of slinking around the edges of being a real, true, brave, anti
biker and to prove how intrepid he is he posted a cut and paste effort
listing many, many, mountain bikes and their prices.

Careful, you could be sued for libel. Cut and paste saves lots of effort.
Why reinvent the wheel?

I am perfectly content to continue to kick dumb asses like yours. The only
cowards here are anonymous posters like you do not use their real names. Now
go **** yourself and quit bothering the honorable members of this noble
newsgroup.
[...]

news16 June 27th 16 11:23 AM

wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

And what the **** is a hiking pole?

Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

Gee, Old Eddy the "hiker" doesn't know what a hiking pole is? And

apparently he doesn't know how google search works either as when I
goggled on "hiking pole" I got 3,330,000 hits.

All you know is how to Google. You also have no idea of what "hits" are
about. The problem remains the same - you are an idiot!

Nope, Ed, you're the idiot. You got served with your own medicine and
walked right into the joke.

EdwardDolan June 27th 16 11:55 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

"John B." wrote in message

When the hell are you ever going to learn how to edit a post?
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

I think you have just described yourself above. I hiked for a solid 10
years
all over the country when I was in the decade of my 30s, and I did it on a
shoe string. I never imagined I was a real man, but I did imagine that I
was
gaining an experience of a human being connecting with the natural world
and
with Mother Earth. In all that time, I NEVER encountered a single mountain
bike on any trail. I took all of that for granted, never realizing just how
rare an experience I had. Too bad idiots like you will never know what you
have missed.

Oh, you hiked for a decade? 10 years? Of hiking? No working? You must

have had very indulgent parents to support you for all those years.

I was smart, something that I am sure no one has ever accused you of being.

And you "gaining an experience of a human being connecting with the

natural world and with Mother Earth".

What utter nonsense. Can you explain just what this "being connected

with the natural world" means? You lived under a tree and raised your
own food? Or maybe you cut down the primeval trees and built your own
cabin?

What are you - a survivalist? Jesus Christ Almighty - you are even dumber
than I thought possible. At least now I know who they make those dumb TV
programs for - like "naked and afraid".

A walk in a natural landscape is almost a religious experience, provided you
believe in that sort of thing. But to me, it is an experience of being
connected to the universe, one devoid of God. Even so, it is highly
spiritual. I pity poor slobs like you who do not have a clue about any of
this. But I want you and your god damn ****ing bikes to stay off of single
track trails. You are desecrating my cathedrals. **** you and all you stand
for!

The following total idiocy deleted for the usual reasons.
[...]

Ed, even today there are a very large areas all over the world where

there actually is untouched wilderness. If this communing is such an
important thing why aren't you somewhere in Northern Canada, Alaska,
Borneo, maybe New Guinea, Mongolia, Tibet, to name a few. if you were
really "connecting with the natural world" wouldn't an actual
uninhabited wilderness provide a much more satisfying experience.

No one needs "untouched wilderness". A relatively untouched wilderness is
all that any sane person ever needs to get a sense of our roots as a species
and of our place in the grand scheme of things. Or do you think we and the
universe sprang from the Head of God? There is nothing so refreshing as a
simple walk in the woods, or in the desert, or in any relatively untouched
landscape. Too bad you are too stupid to know any of this. Maybe try
rereading Thoreau to get a clue.

But you don't care for that do you. You don't actually want to go out

into the in primitive areas. Why they don't have air conditioning.

What you actually want some sort of pseudo primitive with little

cabins to sleep in, flush toilets and running water. Then you can
enjoy communing with nature... oh, don't forget the mosquito spray.

You appear to be either a complete phony or the sort of person who has

a pet rock.

You have just described yourself in the above 3 paragraphs. The world of
hikers is closed to you just as it is to all those who mountain bike on
single track trails.

EdwardDolan June 27th 16 12:07 PM

wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

And what the **** is a hiking pole?

Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

Gee, Old Eddy the "hiker" doesn't know what a hiking pole is? And

apparently he doesn't know how google search works either as when I
goggled on "hiking pole" I got 3,330,000 hits.

All you know is how to Google. You also have no idea of what "hits" are
about. The problem remains the same - you are an idiot!

Nope, Ed, you're the idiot. You got served with your own medicine and

walked right into the joke.

As usual, news16 is a man of few words, and those that he does post are
always a bit cryptic. What is this mountain that is named after a hiking
pole?

By the way, I was posting my contempt for those who feel a need for such a
ridiculous object as a hiking pole. Very funny that you did not pick up on
that.

John B.[_6_] June 28th 16 02:37 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 05:55:33 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

.. .

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

You know Eddy, I am becoming a bit suspicious of your claims of glory.

You tell us that back in the 1970's you essentially hiked for a
decade, communing with nature. This is a little puzzling as who
supported you while you were cavorting in the wilderness? Your mommy
and daddy? They paid your keep while you were stumbling around in the
bushes?

Now, I don't want to speak ill of someone's ancestors but even if you
were so obnoxious that they were willing to pay to get you out of the
house., still 10 years? Just to keep Eddie away far away? One might
say, that it does stretch the imagination, just a little.

Next you reveal that you don't know what a "hiking pole" is. An item
that millions of other hikers know, apparently intimately as a major
sales point seems to be that it has a soft and luxurious hand grip.

So, you claim, that you spent 10 years engaged is the wandering around
in the forest game and at the same time you have no knowledge of this,
apparently essential item that others are willing to pay two hundred
American dollars to obtain.

Strange, isn't it?

As they say, "you have to buy a copy of the program if you want to
know the players", but apparently you didn't buy a program

In short Eddie, you are looking more and more like a phony. A guy that
spent 10 years doing it and don't know the names of the gear? Sort of
like a bloke that tells you about how he spent his life as a mechanic
and when you mention a "wrench" he doesn't know what you are talking
about.....

Nope, Eddy, I think that you have "outed" yourself. Not a "hiker" but
just an decrepit old fool trying to play the game without knowing
anything about it.

No more Eddie the Great". It is "Edward the Phony".
--
cheers,

John B.

John B.[_6_] June 28th 16 02:44 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:31:01 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

And what the **** is a hiking pole?

Our highest mountain is named after one of them.

Gee, Old Eddy the "hiker" doesn't know what a hiking pole is? And

apparently he doesn't know how google search works either as when I
goggled on "hiking pole" I got 3,330,000 hits.

All you know is how to Google. You also have no idea of what "hits" are
about. The problem remains the same - you are an idiot!

Nope, Ed, you're the idiot. You got served with your own medicine and
walked right into the joke.

It isn't a joke really. It is sort of like a guy that wants to play
ball. So, after much whining the guys say, O.K., you can play and they
throw him this round thing and he says, "what's this?"

Nope, it is Edward the Phony from here on out.

Phony - "a person who professes beliefs and knowledge that he or she
does not hold in order to conceal his or her real motives"

What's the old saying, "If it fits, wear it"?
--
cheers,

John B.

news16 June 28th 16 07:35 AM

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 08:37:28 +0700, John B. wrote:

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

You know Eddy, I am becoming a bit suspicious of your claims of glory.

You tell us that back in the 1970's you essentially hiked for a decade,
communing with nature. This is a little puzzling as who supported you
while you were cavorting in the wilderness? Your mommy and daddy? They
paid your keep while you were stumbling around in the bushes?

Wow, Ed was a remittance man. got a weekly income from Mummy and Daddy to
flick off somewhere and not embarass the family. Very common in the Pommy
toffs

John B.[_6_] June 28th 16 08:05 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 06:35:04 -0000 (UTC), news16
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 08:37:28 +0700, John B. wrote:

Ed Dolan the Great ? Minnesota

You know Eddy, I am becoming a bit suspicious of your claims of glory.

You tell us that back in the 1970's you essentially hiked for a decade,
communing with nature. This is a little puzzling as who supported you
while you were cavorting in the wilderness? Your mommy and daddy? They
paid your keep while you were stumbling around in the bushes?

Wow, Ed was a remittance man. got a weekly income from Mummy and Daddy to
flick off somewhere and not embarass the family. Very common in the Pommy
toffs

I actually knew a "remittance man" or at least that is what we
surmised him to be. English bloke from up north someplace. I knew him
for ten years or more and in all that time I never heard him mention a
job. Plenty of tales about having lived in hippy communes, visited
Ireland, travels in Scotland, etc., lived on the beach with a girl,
but never a mention of a job, or work.

It was obvious that he had some sort of remittance as the first of the
month he'd be flush with cash and would say things like, "Fix it? Just
throw money at it" and toward the end of the month he'd be caging
drinks. Slap his pocket and look amazed, "Oh! I forgot my money."

He wasn't a bad guy but a five minute conversation and you could
figure out why the family was happy to have him away from home :-)

When he died his daughter came over to settle things and of course all
the blokes who had known him made sure to meet her and tell her how
sorry that were to see the old boy gone, extend sympathy and the
usual. She just stood there, no tears, straight face, just like
someone told her what time it was.

I think the term is "No love lost".
--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan June 30th 16 05:22 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

"John B." wrote in message
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

All you know is how to Google. You also have no idea of what "hits" are
about. The problem remains the same - you are an idiot!

[...]

It isn't a joke really. It is sort of like a guy that wants to play

ball. So, after much whining the guys say, O.K., you can play and they
throw him this round thing and he says, "what's this?"

Nope, it is Edward the Phony from here on out.

Phony - "a person who professes beliefs and knowledge that he or she

does not hold in order to conceal his or her real motives"

What's the old saying, "If it fits, wear it"?

"All you know is how to Google. You also have no idea of what "hits" are
about. The problem remains the same - you are an idiot!" - Ed Dolan

EdwardDolan June 30th 16 05:39 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

"John B." wrote in message
[...]

You know Eddy, I am becoming a bit suspicious of your claims of glory.

You tell us that back in the 1970's you essentially hiked for a

decade, communing with nature. This is a little puzzling as who
supported you while you were cavorting in the wilderness? Your mommy
and daddy? They paid your keep while you were stumbling around in the
bushes?

What ****ing business is that of yours? Note well that I am not the least
bit interested in ANYTHING about you ... except your views on what hiking
trails are for.

Following **** deleted for the usual reasons.
[...]

Next you reveal that you don't know what a "hiking pole" is. An item

that millions of other hikers know, apparently intimately as a major
sales point seems to be that it has a soft and luxurious hand grip.

Hiking poles are for slobs like you. I never had any use for them, being
quite steady on my feet.

So, you claim, that you spent 10 years engaged is the wandering around

in the forest game and at the same time you have no knowledge of this,
apparently essential item that others are willing to pay two hundred
American dollars to obtain.

"Hiking poles are for slobs like you. I never had any use for them, being
quite steady on my feet." - Ed Dolan

"Following **** deleted for the usual reasons." - Ed Dolan

--

cheers,

John B.

Take your "cheers" and shoved it up your ass, you dumb ****ing moron.

Most repair manuals are far more interesting than you, and far less turgid
to read. I'd get more pleasure from running my nostrils down a cactus, than
reading another contribution from you. Maybe you wouldn't come across as
such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you didn't have an intellect
rivaled only by the Village Idiot's stupider brother;

Here's a tip: no one will ever know that you've had a lobotomy if you wear a
wig to hide the scars; stop posting your drivel on message boards, and learn
to control the slobbering. Clearly, the full area of your ignorance is not
yet mapped. We are presently only exploring the fringes of that vast
expanse.

Are you normally this dumb or are you just having a blonde moment? Wouldn't
clues have more room to fit in your head if you got rid of some of the
gobbledygook in there?

In closing, I offer these heartfelt words: Go suck on a frozen pineapple,
asshole.

EdwardDolan June 30th 16 05:56 AM

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 08:37:28 +0700, John B. wrote:

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

You know Eddy, I am becoming a bit suspicious of your claims of glory.

You tell us that back in the 1970's you essentially hiked for a decade,
communing with nature. This is a little puzzling as who supported you
while you were cavorting in the wilderness? Your mommy and daddy? They
paid your keep while you were stumbling around in the bushes?

Wow, Ed was a remittance man. got a weekly income from Mummy and Daddy

flick off somewhere and not embarass the family. Very common in the Pommy
toffs

Others always profess interest in me whereas I never profess any interest in
others. That is because I am not interested in others - and that is also why
I am Great and you aren't. Hells Bells, even John B.(Bull****ter) is not
interested in you like he is in Me. I suppose I should be flattered, but
what idiots like the two of you say or think does not register on a mind so
Great as mine. Greatness requires Greatness and that is something I will
never find on Usenet. Alas, only Lilliputians reside here.

EdwardDolan June 30th 16 06:08 AM

"John B." wrote in message

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 06:35:04 -0000 (UTC), news16
wrote:
[...]

[...]

Whereas John B.(Bull****ter) will be mourned by one and all when he passes -
for all the good it will do him in Hell where he will be consigned for
cycling on hiking trails.

But what any of this has to do with the topic of this thread escapes me.

news16 June 30th 16 11:55 AM

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:08:26 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

Whereas John B.(Bull****ter) will be mourned by one and all when he
passes

So he will be remembered whereas who was that koook!.

news16 June 30th 16 11:57 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 23:39:12 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
[...]

You know Eddy, I am becoming a bit suspicious of your claims of glory.

You tell us that back in the 1970's you essentially hiked for a

decade, communing with nature. This is a little puzzling as who
supported you while you were cavorting in the wilderness? Your mommy and
daddy? They paid your keep while you were stumbling around in the
bushes?

What ****ing business is that of yours? Note well that I am not the
least bit interested in ANYTHING about you

But you slavishly reply to him. go figure.

John B.[_6_] July 1st 16 12:13 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 23:56:50 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"news16" wrote in message ...

[...]

Incidentally Doolie, I heard, on another site, the term "Fagot"or
maybe it was "Faggot" mentioned in connection with your name. I looked
in the dictionary and I see "Faggot - a bundle of sticks and branches
bound together". Were they referring to your mentality? "Dumb as a
Faggot"? I grew up in northern New England and it was "dumb as a
stump", in the local vernacular.

As for bicycle wheels. It is positively amazing, but I've got four of
them things and by gorry, is every one of them ain't got wheels. You
obviously have a very penetrating mind.

Tell us, did you figure out the wheel thing all by your self? Or did
you have help?
--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan July 3rd 16 03:49 PM

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:08:26 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

Whereas John B.(Bull****ter) will be mourned by one and all when he
passes

So he will be remembered whereas who was that koook!.

Who cares who remembers who! Everyone is eventually forgotten in short
order.

EdwardDolan July 3rd 16 03:53 PM

"John B." wrote in message

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 23:56:50 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

[...]

The only dumb faggot here is yoursefl.

EdwardDolan July 3rd 16 04:01 PM

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 23:39:12 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
[...]

You know Eddy, I am becoming a bit suspicious of your claims of glory.

You tell us that back in the 1970's you essentially hiked for a

decade, communing with nature. This is a little puzzling as who
supported you while you were cavorting in the wilderness? Your mommy and
daddy? They paid your keep while you were stumbling around in the
bushes?

What ****ing business is that of yours? Note well that I am not the
least bit interested in ANYTHING about you

But you slavishly reply to him. go figure.

I am only reply to him with respect to content, same as for you. Trust me on
this, I am as uninterested in him as a person as I am in you. Very odd
though that he should be so interested in me - don’t you think? I suspect he
is what he charges others of being - "a dumb faggot".

John B.[_6_] July 4th 16 05:08 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 09:53:15 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
.. .

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 23:56:50 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

[...]

Ah, an explanation.
As I know that I am not a bundle of wood, so he must he equating
"faggot" to the other kind. The ones that don't look like a bundle of
sticks, so it seems likely that the other references I read about
Dolan as a "faggot" must have been a description of his habits rather
than of his mental capacity.

O.K., now that we've got that cleared up and he is "out of the closet"
so to speak, are there any scintillating descriptions of his
activities while hanging around the public toilets? Gee.... that must
be an exciting pastime. Smelly, but than, I guess that some probably
get excited from smells.

Someone wrote a song, "Pretty as a Rose, I believe the title may have
been that has a few lines in it, "He's pretty as a rose; He wears his
sister's clothes, We don't know what to call him; But we think he's
one of those."

One can only speculate who (or maybe "what") that description fits.

But in thinking about it one can only wonder. After all, a bloke who's
parents pay him to stay away for ten years.... who is publicly
referred to as a "faggot"..... Well there is an old saying that "no
smoke, no fire".

Ah well, in the U.S. apparently it is no longer hidden. I see that the
U.S. Military now accepts "deviants", I think they referred to them
as.

--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan July 6th 16 12:16 PM

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:08:26 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

Whereas John B.(Bull****ter) will be mourned by one and all when he
passes

So he will be remembered whereas who was that koook!.

Who cares who remembers who! Everyone is eventually forgotten in short
order.

Not every one.

Name at least a half a dozen figures from the Hittite civilization and tell
us what they were famous for - just off the top of your head of course? Only
a scholar of that civilization can do it - which points up how quickly and
how easily all of us are forgotten, no matter how much renown we might have
had briefly in our own period of time. Usually within a generation or two it
is as if we had never lived.

But will someone like Beethoven eventually be forgotten? Yes, even Beethoven
will eventually be forgotten!

Here is a universal piece of wisdom for you and for all those who think they
matter:

"Once I wasn’t'. Then I was. Now I ain't again." From an epitaph on a
tombstone in a Cleveland cemetery.

EdwardDolan July 6th 16 12:31 PM

"John B." wrote in message

On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 09:53:15 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
.. .

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 23:56:50 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

[...]

Anyone who is as interested in the subject of faggots as you have
demonstrated above means of course that you are one yourself. Since you have
let the cat out of the bag, why not just own up to it and quit beating about
the bush? No one in the world cares about your sexual fornications. Why not
be proud of being a faggot? You have lots of company these days.

news16 July 6th 16 01:48 PM

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:08:26 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

Whereas John B.(Bull****ter) will be mourned by one and all when he
passes

So he will be remembered whereas who was that koook!.

Who cares who remembers who! Everyone is eventually forgotten in short
order.

Not every one.

Name at least a half a dozen figures from the Hittite civilization

Easy;Lambada, Hattusili, Mursili, Murshilish, Mitanni, and Telepini makes
six. In return, you can write their name in the script of the time.

EdwardDolan July 6th 16 03:16 PM

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 06:16:51 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
[...]

Name at least a half a dozen figures from the Hittite civilization ...

Easy;Lambada, Hattusili, Mursili, Murshilish, Mitanni, and Telepini makes

six. In return, you can write their name in the script of the time.

That was NOT off the top of your head. You had to look it up in an archive.
Since that was the case, they have been forgotten by all except for what has
been written about them by a few scholars, just as you and I will be
forgotten by all shortly after our deaths. Get used to it - we are all
nonentities in the grand scheme of time. Even these Usenet newsgroups and
our blather here will vanish into thin air no matter how hard Google tries
to preserve our words for posterity.

John B.[_6_] July 7th 16 04:54 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

On Wed, 6 Jul 2016 06:31:49 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

Take your "cheers" and shoved it up your ass, you dumb ****ing moron.

Gee Eddie, I hate to tell you but "up your ass" while likely an
expression of affection in your group is hardly a term that is
universally used. Particularly in polite circles.

But I suppose that one has to view with a bit of leeway someone who
spent an entire decade wandering around in the bushes apparently
without contact with civilization.

It would seem though, that when you just a young sprout you must have
been pretty obnoxious else why would your parents be so eager to get
you out of the house? And pay you to stay away.

But, "dumb ****ing moron"? Well, I'm sorry but I'm not sure that is
correct as in fact it seem pretty obvious that I am considerably more
intelligent they you. After all I have known for years and years and
years, that a "Bi" "Cycle" has two wheels, a fact that you seem to
believe is some sort of revelation from, perhaps the "Forest
Primeval", as you mention it in every post.

I suppose that you are trying to inform the unwashed American Hikers
of your great discovery, "My goodness Irving, did you
know, actually know, that a bicycle has two, just imagine it, two
wheels? Isn't that perfectly lovely?"

I guess that along with your weird sexual habits you are probably a
bit forgetful? Old age is it?

Of course there possibly is a simpler explanation, and while I, of
course, would never mention it but you might be a bit feeble minded,
or more in line with American political correctness, "Mentally
Challenged".

Now Dooly, you aren't one of those who are attracted to young boys are
you? With your poor memory I feel that I really should remind you that
the American public, in general, takes a very dim view of that kind of
thing and, heaven forbid, they will even put you in the jail house for
years and years for acting out your visions of ecstasy. NO Dooly,
don't do that, it is very, very naughty to even think it.

But I must go now. I have to take my (female) spouse shopping (I know
that you believe a "female" spouse is a bit unusual) but there it is,
us "normals" are a bit odd.

But do try, with your timely posts, to keep us acquainted with what
the (what should one say?) the queer hikers, the strange hikers, the
faggot hikers? (I'm just not acquainted with current terminology) are
doing these days.
--
cheers,

John B.

news16 July 7th 16 07:39 AM

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 09:16:18 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 06:16:51 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
[...]

Name at least a half a dozen figures from the Hittite civilization ...

Easy;Lambada, Hattusili, Mursili, Murshilish, Mitanni, and Telepini
makes

six. In return, you can write their name in the script of the time.

That was NOT off the top of your head.

Your claim, I studied Ancient History.

EdwardDolan July 8th 16 02:58 AM

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 06:16:51 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
[...]

Name at least a half a dozen figures from the Hittite civilization ...

Easy;Lambada, Hattusili, Mursili, Murshilish, Mitanni, and Telepini
makes

six. In return, you can write their name in the script of the time.

That was NOT off the top of your head.

Your claim, I studied Ancient History.

Well, I did too, but I could not name hardly any figures from those times
other than the most famous ones. I KNOW you had to look it up. No one in
their right mind remembers anything about the Hittites, except how
mysterious and weird they were.

EdwardDolan July 8th 16 03:09 AM

wrote:

Take your "cheers" and shoved it up your ass, you dumb ****ing moron.

[...]

I guess that along with your weird sexual habits you are probably a

bit forgetful? Old age is it?

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan
[...]

Now Dooly, you aren't one of those who are attracted to young boys are

you? With your poor memory I feel that I really should remind you that
the American public, in general, takes a very dim view of that kind of
thing and, heaven forbid, they will even put you in the jail house for
years and years for acting out your visions of ecstasy. NO Dooly,
don't do that, it is very, very naughty to even think it.

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan

But I must go now. I have to take my (female) spouse shopping (I know

that you believe a "female" spouse is a bit unusual) but there it is,
us "normals" are a bit odd.

Any female that is connected with you has got to be the equivalent of a
female faggot.

[...]

PS: Total time to compose this reply - 1 minute.

news16 July 8th 16 03:59 PM

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 06:16:51 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
[...]

Name at least a half a dozen figures from the Hittite civilization ...

Easy;Lambada, Hattusili, Mursili, Murshilish, Mitanni, and Telepini
makes

six. In return, you can write their name in the script of the time.

That was NOT off the top of your head.

Your claim, I studied Ancient History.

Well, I did too, but I could not name hardly any figures from those
times other than the most famous ones. I KNOW you had to look it up. No
one in their right mind remembers anything about the Hittites, except
how mysterious and weird they were.

Lol, projecting again. You need to go bike riding and get more air into
your lungs.

EdwardDolan July 10th 16 02:22 AM

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 07 Jul 2016 20:58:33 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
[...]

Well, I did too, but I could not name hardly any figures from those
times other than the most famous ones. I KNOW you had to look it up. No
one in their right mind remembers anything about the Hittites, except
how mysterious and weird they were.

Lol, projecting again. You need to go bike riding and get more air into

your lungs.

I have already made a dozen assumptions about you based on your posts to
this newsgroup. The main thing I know about you with full confidence is
that you are an ignoramus bordering on imbecility.

John B.[_6_] July 10th 16 04:39 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 21:09:13 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Well, greetings Dooley. Sorry to ignore you for the past days but
then, you are rather ignoble.

But, I see you have been busy in my absence I see your fevered reply
to my missive and one bouquet from News and the rest appear to be
Dooley replying to Dooley. Talking to one's self, as it were. Do you
do that a lot?

I mean, we all know about your sexual preferences, not that we
actually applaud the "small boys" antics but there you are. Different
strokes for different folks, as someone said.

But this talking to your self? Well, it just isn't the thing to do you
know. I mean wandering down the street mumbling to your self and
drooling down your shirt front? Just not the thing to do, you know.
Perhaps if you could see your way clear to do just one. You could
mumble without drooling, or maybe drool without mumbling. Perhaps not
really "the thing" in the best of society, but out there. lurking in
the bushes....

What you really should is to get a box and go down there in front of
City Hall. Put the box on the corner and mount up and tell the world
about them big, bad, bicycles, with all them wheels (Goodness, but
they are greedy, why, they got two each, the greedy scoundrels).

See, down there i front of the government people there is no doubt
that someone will listen to you and you WILL get your message out
where everyone will hear it.

But you got to remember Dooley, you can't mumble. No, you have to
speak out in a big voice. Be assertive, show them folks how erudite
you really are.

But while it is said that "great public speakers are born not made"
still it might be wise to practice a bit before the big day.

Perhaps you could get another box for the front yard to practice with.

So, early Sunday morning you could be out there, in the front yard, on
your box (dressed neatly of course) and speaking clearly (no mumbling
now) and here you go:

LISTEN UP EVERYBODY AS I HAVE NEWS! NEWS I SAY!
BICYCLES HAVE TWO WHEELS!
NOT ONE ,BUT TWO, TWO WHEELS!

O.K., now step down off the box, a few deep breaths to recover, maybe
a towel to wipe the fevered brow. And do it again. Keep practicing
until you get it letter perfect. Don't be shy Dooley, Man! you gonna
be da man!

Then Monday morning, down to the main square and up on your box. Don't
be shy now since as they "say early to rise" and all that. Say 06:00.
Oh yes, be sure to use "army" talk. Use the military time system and
talk about tactical this and tactics that. It'll make you look strong
and powerful, and manly.

(yes I know, "manly" isn't really your thing but do it anyway. You can
"come out", as it were, after you are famous)

Yes Sir, Dooley , you can be a legend in your own time. My goodness,
if you had an axe and a cow you could call yourself Paul, instead of
"faggot".

--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan July 10th 16 04:52 AM

"John B." wrote in message

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 21:09:13 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

PS: Total time to compose this reply - 1 minute.

Well, greetings Dooley. Sorry to ignore you for the past days but

then, you are rather ignoble.

But, I see you have been busy in my absence I see your fevered reply

to my missive and one bouquet from News and the rest appear to be
Dooley replying to Dooley. Talking to one's self, as it were. Do you
do that a lot?

No one knows who is and who isn't reading these posts, most especially an
idiot like you.

[...]

The only one talking to himself is you.
[...]

O.K., now step down off the box, a few deep breaths to recover, maybe

a towel to wipe the fevered brow. And do it again. Keep practicing
until you get it letter perfect. Don't be shy Dooley, Man! you gonna
be da man!

"The only one talking to himself is you." - Ed Dolan

[...]

PS: Time measured for this post - 1 minute.

John B.[_6_] July 11th 16 12:28 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

On Sat, 9 Jul 2016 22:52:33 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Ah Dooley, I see that you are into the cut and past game. I suppose
that a bloke who is so continually amazed with a "Bi"-"Cycle" having
wheels is probably a little short in the mental department. Can't even
compose a reply. On the Internet? In English? Coherently?

But I suppose we are all a bit limited in some manner. I'm a bit
shorter than today's norm and you are, of course, a bit limited in?
Would it be composition skills? Or your English skills? Or, your
mental abilities? "Old Dumb Dooley, the Dunce", is it? Well, as they
say, whatever shakes your tree.

Oh, by the way, Dooley I came across some interesting numbers the
other day. It seems that some U.S. agency counted the numbers of
hikers that utilized public parks and forests and the numbers of
people who rode bicycles and they found that approximately twice as
many people had ridden a bike in the past year as had gone hiking in
the same period.

So in the Hiker-Biker wars the bikers win by a 2 - 1 margin.

Unless or course that you people scampering around there out in the
bushes are advocating some form of Fascism or maybe Communism in
stead of a democracy.

I also came across a post that you, your very own self, apparently
posted some time ago wherein you said: "

"Some of you have me down for a troll, but you have got that most
awfully wrong. Until just recently, I did not even know myself what I
was doing..."

"By gorry", I thought, "he does know what he was talking about then,
but he sure appears to have gone down hill since".

So mentally, I suppose, we can probably view old Dooley as a failure.
Eight or ten years ago he seemed to know what he was talking about but
today he is reduced to cut and past antics... A clear case of
"Age-Related Memory Loss", or perhaps simply brain deterioration. Like
Alzheimer's. By the way the Alzheimer's Association has some tests
that you can take to discover just how advanced your case is.

But I suppose that Shakespeare had it right when he wrote:
"That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything."

--
cheers,

John B.

EdwardDolan July 11th 16 02:29 AM

The high cost of mountain biking!

"John B." wrote in message
[...]

The John B.(Bull****) usual crap not even read other than to note the extent
of it.

Do you suppose for one minute that I or anyone else is dumb enough to read
anything you write? You are the poorest and the craziest ******* ever to
post to this newsgroup. I would feel sorry for you if you weren't such a
faggot, the one subject on which you showed some expertise.

Post content or get lost!

Whoops ... I just spotted some content, so I will take a bit of time to
respond.

Oh, by the way, Dooley I came across some interesting numbers the

other day. It seems that some U.S. agency counted the numbers of
hikers that utilized public parks and forests and the numbers of
people who rode bicycles and they found that approximately twice as
many people had ridden a bike in the past year as had gone hiking in
the same period.

So in the Hiker-Biker wars the bikers win by a 2 - 1 margin.

I myself do much more cycling than I do walking, but is the biking you
mention above on single track trails in wilderness settings? I doubt it, but
I must admit that hiking has always been for the select few. After all it
take decades of education before one gets to the point of appreciating
nature in a wilderness setting. Most folks never do get to this kind of
knowledge. I suspect it is because they think God created them out of
nothing and that the natural world had little to do with it.

But whether folks are biking or hiking, what does that matter? The world is
full of roads and streets for cycling whereas wilderness trails are
relatively rare. That is reason enough to exclude bikes from single track
wilderness trails. See Mike Vandeman for the many other reasons why bikes do
not belong on single track trails. He is the world expert on the subject
besides being a genius.
[...]