CycleBanter.com

-   Marketplace (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   FOR SALE: Orbea 56CM tri bike circa 2004 (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=217845)

AmandaUCSC June 27th 10 07:51 AM

FOR SALE: Orbea 56CM tri bike circa 2004

Orbea tri bike blue/silver, lobular frame circa 2004. 56cm lightweight
alloy frame with carbon fiber fork and back stays. The front has fully-
threaded aero bars/gears. Crankset and front derailleur are Shimano
105, back is Shimano ultegra. The wheels are standard training wheels
(nothing fancy, just very reliable, also fairly lightweight). This is
a good bike for tris and TTs, but I'd recommend it more for a beginner
or intermediate racer, or as a second bike for cyclists wishing to do
some TTs but not break the bank. The setup/frame is stiff and angled
slightly (maybe 5 degrees?) straighter than Orbea road bike frames.

The main issue with the bike is a few small chips in the paint and a
very slight indent on the top tube. These resulted (unfortunately)
from when I packed the bike and took it with me to Australia for a
race in 2005. The bike has not been used all that much since mid-2007
-- only because I had a road bike built for commuting/hill climbing,
and I almost entirely stopped racing tris (the last 3 tris I've done
were all on the road bike) . I kept the bike around in the hopes I
would use it more, but I'm moving soon (long distance) and want to
sell it quickly. Basically, I paid an obscene amount of money for it
when it was custom-built for me in 2005. I'll take $850 OBO.

FOR PICTURES, EMAIL ME!

Adam D. August 12th 10 06:37 PM

On Jun 27, 2:51*am, AmandaUCSC wrote:
[...]

Hi,

Is your bike still for sale? If so I would love some photos.

Thanks!
-adam