CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Signs of progress (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=238065)

Tom $herman (-_-) August 18th 12 10:07 PM

Signs of progress

On 7/30/2012 10:44 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]
As I said, there are places I know that have used speed humps (not the
much sharper speed bumps) very effectively in residential neighborhoods.
They've cause no trouble at all on my bike, but they have greatly
slowed both the speed and the frequency of cut-through traffic, where
occasional radar enforcement had failed. The residents love them.

I love speed humps because I can take them full speed on a scooter just
by standing up, and enjoy the noise of the tailgating car/truck
suspension bottoming out. :)

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!

Dan O August 19th 12 04:59 PM

Signs of progress

On Aug 18, 10:02 pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
"Tom $herman (-_-)" "
considered Sat, 18 Aug 2012 16:07:28 -0500 the perfect time to write:

On 7/30/2012 10:44 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]
As I said, there are places I know that have used speed humps (not the
much sharper speed bumps) very effectively in residential neighborhoods.
They've cause no trouble at all on my bike, but they have greatly
slowed both the speed and the frequency of cut-through traffic, where
occasional radar enforcement had failed. The residents love them.

I love speed humps because I can take them full speed on a scooter just
by standing up, and enjoy the noise of the tailgating car/truck
suspension bottoming out. :)

And the poor schmuck following the truck runs straight into it's load?

Schmuck is right.

Tom $herman (-_-) August 19th 12 07:26 PM

Signs of progress

On 8/19/2012 10:59 AM, Dan O wrote:
On Aug 18, 10:02 pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
"Tom $herman (-_-)" "
considered Sat, 18 Aug 2012 16:07:28 -0500 the perfect time to write:

On 7/30/2012 10:44 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]
As I said, there are places I know that have used speed humps (not the
much sharper speed bumps) very effectively in residential neighborhoods.
They've cause no trouble at all on my bike, but they have greatly
slowed both the speed and the frequency of cut-through traffic, where
occasional radar enforcement had failed. The residents love them.

I love speed humps because I can take them full speed on a scooter just
by standing up, and enjoy the noise of the tailgating car/truck
suspension bottoming out. :)

And the poor schmuck following the truck runs straight into it's load?

Schmuck is right.

Yep, a schmuck for following the truck to closely.

Although in this case, truck is generally a pick-em-truck not carrying
anything in the bed.