CycleBanter.com

-   -   Looking for a bicycle distributer for kids bikes (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=122674)

Derek January 26th 06 07:59 AM

Looking for a bicycle distributer for kids bikes

Hey Guys,

I work for a nonprofit charity that is looking to purchase as many bikes as
possible for children this holiday season. We are trying to find a line to a
manufacture in China or other inexpensive bicycle manufacturer that we could
purchase 1000+ bike around September, October 2006. Any and all suggestions
would be amazing, we are trying to get as many bikes as we can this
Christmas to give to kids.

Thanks,

Derek
http://www.turningwheelsforkids.org/

Paul Cassel January 26th 06 02:22 PM

Derek wrote:
Hey Guys,

I work for a nonprofit charity that is looking to purchase as many bikes as
possible for children this holiday season. We are trying to find a line to a
manufacture in China or other inexpensive bicycle manufacturer that we could
purchase 1000+ bike around September, October 2006. Any and all suggestions
would be amazing, we are trying to get as many bikes as we can this
Christmas to give to kids.

I'd suggest you contact Wal-Mart which already has all the Chinese
contacts. Strike a deal to do a direct transfer from the manufacturing
site in China (or wherever) to you. The tiny amount of overhead the Wal
will charge you will be much less than the overhead you'd accrue setting
the deal up yourself. I suspect you can also get custom colors / decals
on a deal this large.

Good luck.

-paul

Werehatrack January 26th 06 06:57 PM

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 06:59:23 GMT, "Derek" wrote:

Hey Guys,

I work for a nonprofit charity that is looking to purchase as many bikes as
possible for children this holiday season. We are trying to find a line to a
manufacture in China or other inexpensive bicycle manufacturer that we could
purchase 1000+ bike around September, October 2006. Any and all suggestions
would be amazing, we are trying to get as many bikes as we can this
Christmas to give to kids.

Thanks,

Derek
http://www.turningwheelsforkids.org/

Talk to these people; they've been there and done that already:

www.elvesandmore.com
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.