CycleBanter.com

-   -   Cycling infrastructure in Ottawa (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=251698)

Andrew Chaplin October 29th 16 01:13 PM

Cycling infrastructure in Ottawa

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...-hit-1.3821298

I have ridden it three times: twice south and once north. I won't bother
with it again, even if it is the shortest route between my office and the
pub beside my LBS. There are too many slow people headed south and too many
stops. Northbound, the lights are very poorly timed and it is hard to hit
two greens in a row. I'd rather detour and conserve my momentum.

Follow-up: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/oconnor-bike-lane-
collision-jacket-1.3826114
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

W. Wesley Groleau October 29th 16 09:04 PM

On 10-29-2016 07:13, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...-hit-1.3821298

I have ridden it three times: twice south and once north. I won't bother
with it again, even if it is the shortest route between my office and the

TORONTO has some really nice MUPs, but in July 2015, I had to carry the
bike up a LONG staircase to cross the river on a major street. On the
bridge a policemen stopped to lecture me that I shold be on the MUP
instead of such a dangerous street. :-)

Also, I saw a bicycle-mounted policeman on another major street staring
at a cellphone and thumbing away on it in defiance of the ordinance
prohibiting "any activity which prevents having both hands on the
handlebars at all times."

--
Wes Groleau