CycleBanter.com

-   -   Olympic gaffes, part one (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=192909)

congokid August 19th 08 09:31 AM

Olympic gaffes, part one

Heard a great gaffe by Adrian Chiles this morning, as I was waiting for
the cycling coverage to start, who was discussing with his co-presenter
how the flame might be lit at the London Olympics opening ceremony.

He envisioned Amy Winehouse tottering up to the cauldron and dropping
her knob end into it. Either he knows something about Amy the rest of us
don't, or he meant fag end.
--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...

Daniel Barlow August 19th 08 09:48 AM

Olympic gaffes, part one

congokid writes:

He envisioned Amy Winehouse tottering up to the cauldron and dropping
her knob end into it. Either he knows something about Amy the rest of
us don't, or he meant fag end.

Maybe he was referring to Blake

-dan

wafflycat[_2_] August 19th 08 05:37 PM

Olympic gaffes, part one

"congokid" wrote in message
Heard a great gaffe by Adrian Chiles this morning, as I was waiting for
the cycling coverage to start, who was discussing with his co-presenter
how the flame might be lit at the London Olympics opening ceremony.

He envisioned Amy Winehouse tottering up to the cauldron and dropping her
knob end into it. Either he knows something about Amy the rest of us
don't, or he meant fag end.

Adrian Chiles make a gaff? No! Never! ;-)