CycleBanter.com

-   -   MTB's are better than road bikes in an urban environment (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=255986)

Simon Jester June 8th 18 02:04 PM

MTB's are better than road bikes in an urban environment

No way could a roadie do what this MTBer did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL1QkmjS9hI
skip to 4:50

Simon Jester June 8th 18 07:56 PM

On Friday, June 8, 2018 at 2:04:17 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
No way could a roadie do what this MTBer did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL1QkmjS9hI
skip to 4:50

My humblest apologies to the group, the clip following shows someone on a road bike riding on the grass verge. If that was a motor vehicle rather than a pedal cycle the 'driver' would be committing an offence under section 34 of the Road Traffic Act and as we all know motorists never break the law.

Bret Cahill June 9th 18 04:52 AM

MTB's are better than road bikes in an urban environment

How would you like to defend _this_ motorist in court?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-repea...133955046.html

Simon Jester June 9th 18 08:30 AM

On Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 4:53:00 AM UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:
How would you like to defend _this_ motorist in court?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-repea...133955046.html

"I pay road tax, your honour"
Case dismissed.

jnugent July 2nd 18 12:48 AM

On 09/06/2018 04:52, Bret Cahill wrote:

How would you like to defend _this_ motorist in court?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-repea...133955046.html

In which UK county or "Region" is this Sacramento place?

Bret Cahill July 3rd 18 05:09 PM

MTB's are better than road bikes in an urban environment

How would you like to defend _this_ motorist in court?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-repea...133955046.html

In which UK county or "Region" is this Sacramento place?

Distinguishing between countries is increasingly difficult. It's easy to get fire fatigue and avoid fire news. The first time the Winter Hill fire appeared I thought it was some place in Colorado and clicked on another article. The second time the word "moor" and name "Lancashire" stuck out like a sore thumb but continued to ignore the fire. Eventually a fire piece appeared on a climate change group. I skimmed through the article looking for any unique fire control strategies and governmental coordination that might work over here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-44671875

Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee July 3rd 18 05:42 PM

JNugent wrote:
On 09/06/2018 04:52, Bret Cahill wrote:

How would you like to defend _this_ motorist in court?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-repea...133955046.html

In which UK county or "Region" is this Sacramento place?

At a guess, a mile or so from where you park your bicycle.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'