CycleBanter.com

-   -   Is jobst gone? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=228770)

Crescentius Vespasianus June 22nd 11 04:39 PM

Is jobst gone?

Did some searching through the groups as I don't normally ask a
question if that has been previously answered. I'm talking about he
was in head trauma, then sent to rehab, and then nothing that I can
find. It's like he's gone, is he?

kolldata June 22nd 11 06:32 PM

Is jobst gone?

wrote:

Did some searching through the groups as I don't normally ask a
question if that has been previously answered. *I'm talking about he
was in head trauma, then sent to rehab, and then nothing that I can
find. *It's like he's gone, is he?

gone ? from where ?

how ?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...=jobst+brandt+

DougC June 22nd 11 07:21 PM

Is jobst gone?

On 6/22/2011 10:39 AM, Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
Did some searching through the groups as I don't normally ask a
question if that has been previously answered. I'm talking about he
was in head trauma, then sent to rehab, and then nothing that I can
find. It's like he's gone, is he?

I don't recall seeing that here, but somebody was posting updates mainly
to one of the other groups,,, rec.bicycles maybe? I forget which one it
is now.

kolldata June 22nd 11 09:37 PM

Is jobst gone?

On Jun 22, 11:21*am, DougC wrote:
On 6/22/2011 10:39 AM, Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:

Did some searching through the groups as I don't normally ask a
question if that has been previously answered. *I'm talking about he
was in head trauma, then sent to rehab, and then nothing that I can
find. *It's like he's gone, is he?

I don't recall seeing that here, but somebody was posting updates mainly
to one of the other groups,,, rec.bicycles maybe? I forget which one it
is now.

time passes, one activity becomes less important, other activities
more....14 or 78....

Kulin Remailer June 22nd 11 09:42 PM

Is jobst gone?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...b8ca4c71ba3b2c

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech

From: carlfogel

Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 18:05:21 -0600

Subject: Jobst

AMuzi June 22nd 11 10:28 PM

Is jobst gone?

Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
Did some searching through the groups as I don't normally ask a
question if that has been previously answered. I'm talking about he
was in head trauma, then sent to rehab, and then nothing that I can
find. It's like he's gone, is he?

Recovering. Slowly.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

kolldata June 23rd 11 12:08 AM

Is jobst gone?

On Jun 22, 11:21*am, DougC wrote:
On 6/22/2011 10:39 AM, Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:

Did some searching through the groups as I don't normally ask a
question if that has been previously answered. *I'm talking about he
was in head trauma, then sent to rehab, and then nothing that I can
find. *It's like he's gone, is he?

I don't recall seeing that here, but somebody was posting updates mainly
to one of the other groups,,, rec.bicycles maybe? I forget which one it
is now.

JB rode a 'last' ride up Bonne Doone along the coast below Half Moon
Bay, wrote on it, then had the accident weeks later. Normal accident
scenario in that as you grow older and slow down or go faster and
faster when still young, eventually there's a serious accident.
Happens to baseball and football pro's. There's an injury takes the
aging body longer for recovery back to speed , so maybe retirement is
probable or the only choice.

I'm sixty five. Skin on scuffed kneecaps takes 3, 4 times longer to
heal than when 17. At JB's age, the body for many people outside the
98th longevity percentile is getting ready to shut down not recover
from bouncing along the road off a bicycle.