CycleBanter.com

-   -   Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) at all. (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=256135)

MrCheerful July 20th 18 07:20 AM

Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) at all.

"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...-risk-12943064

Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee July 20th 18 07:28 AM

MrCheerful wrote:

"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...-risk-12943064

Of course, probably 100% of pedestrians do not have insurance. This is
hilarious, and what we've come to expect from an anti-cycling troll who
should be found and shot in the face. More complaints about cyclists not
doing something that they're not legally obliged to do.

'99% of drivers fail to wear odd socks!'

*pmsl*

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'

jnugent July 20th 18 04:49 PM

On 20/07/2018 07:20, MrCheerful wrote:

"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...-risk-12943064

QUOTE (caption):
There are 3 types of cyclist - ones that have come off their bikes, ones
that are currently coming off their bikes and ones that haven't come off
their bikes... yet
ENDQUOTE

jnugent July 20th 18 04:56 PM

Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) atall.

On 20/07/2018 07:20, MrCheerful wrote:

"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...-risk-12943064

QUOTE:
And it's not expensive, either. According to Money.co.uk, you can get
3rd part cover from just £1.55 a month - or £16.61 a year - as a cyclist.
ENDQUOTE

There's the problem right there.

Money.

As rich as all cyclists apparently are (they're all in the top 0.2% of
earners, you know), that sort of sum for insurance will be beyond almost
all of them.

Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_] July 20th 18 05:59 PM

Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) at all.

On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 15:56:59 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

On 20/07/2018 07:20, MrCheerful wrote:

"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have
insurance and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle
riding.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...0000-risk-1294
3064

QUOTE:
And it's not expensive, either. According to Money.co.uk, you can get
3rd part cover from just £1.55 a month - or £16.61 a year - as a
cyclist. ENDQUOTE

There's the problem right there.

Money.

As rich as all cyclists apparently are (they're all in the top 0.2% of
earners, you know), that sort of sum for insurance will be beyond
almost all of them.

So car-drivers waste^wspend more. Well done them! (apart from the
environment, hassle to legitimate road users, and the affect on their own
obescity).

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

Simon Jester July 20th 18 07:47 PM

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:21:00 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...-risk-12943064

Please cite one example of someone claiming fridge freezer insurance covers bicycle riding.

TMS320 July 20th 18 08:57 PM

On 20/07/18 07:20, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

"We" have never been told by anybody that rides a bike that fridge
freezer cover applies to riding a bicycle.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cycli...-risk-12943064

Looks like Posford is getting some free advertising for his business.

The article gets confused between bicycle insurance (which I don't have)
and third party.

When it says "In Germany, it is compulsory for adults to have personal
liability cover”, we have to assume it is "compulsory for adults", as it
says, not something specific to riding bicycles. Hence not relevant. Of
course we could have a similar system to Germany - but that would mean
the non-cyclists here would have to have it for the 10 yards a year that
they walk.

Bret Cahill July 21st 18 03:31 AM

Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) at all.

"85% are not covered at all."

My innertubes are covered by Lloyds.

Simon Jester July 21st 18 02:04 PM

Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) at all.

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:21:00 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

We are all waiting for you to cite such a case.
Do you have one or are you mature enough to admit you are wrong?

Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee July 21st 18 02:07 PM

Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:21:00 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.

We are all waiting for you to cite such a case.
Do you have one or are you mature enough to admit you are wrong?

He is not 'wrong', because it was not a genuine claim. It was a troll.
And he should be dealt with the same as all trolls.