CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Vegas bike rental (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=5010)

kantspel November 11th 03 09:00 PM

Vegas bike rental

I'm going to be in Las Vegas in early Dec for a week. Can someone save
me the time of googling and recommend a good place for bike rentals out
there?

Chris Glidden November 11th 03 09:16 PM

Vegas bike rental

"kantspel" wrote in message
I'm going to be in Las Vegas in early Dec for a week. Can someone save
me the time of googling and recommend a good place for bike rentals out
there?

Had you googled, you would have already found a good place for bike rentals
out there.

cg

Dave W November 11th 03 09:38 PM

Vegas bike rental

kantspel had this to say

I'm going to be in Las Vegas in early Dec for a week. Can someone save
me the time of googling and recommend a good place for bike rentals out
there?

your not from around here are you?

kantspel November 11th 03 09:39 PM

Vegas bike rental

Chris Glidden wrote:

"kantspel" wrote in message

I'm going to be in Las Vegas in early Dec for a week. Can someone save
me the time of googling and recommend a good place for bike rentals out
there?

Had you googled, you would have already found a good place for bike rentals
out there.

cg

A place, yes, but a good place???

kantspel November 11th 03 09:56 PM

Vegas bike rental

Dave W wrote:

kantspel had this to say

I'm going to be in Las Vegas in early Dec for a week. Can someone save
me the time of googling and recommend a good place for bike rentals out
there?

your not from around here are you?

Sigh... what amb rule did i break this time?

Stephen Baker November 11th 03 10:01 PM

Vegas bike rental

kantspel asks:

Sigh... what amb rule did i break this time?

Ya want the full list, or the summary? ;-)

kantspel November 11th 03 10:15 PM

Vegas bike rental

Sigh... what amb rule did i break this time?

Ya want the full list, or the summary? ;-)

I can guess a few...
1. Didn't snip (I always forget)
2. Asked instead of looking up (get over it, I'm looking for opinions)
3. Not enought info in request?
4. Las Vegas is someone elses turf?

MTBScottie November 11th 03 10:24 PM

Vegas bike rental

Subject: Vegas bike rental
From: "Chris Glidden"
Date: 11/11/2003 4:16 PM Eastern Standard Time

"kantspel" wrote in message
I'm going to be in Las Vegas in early Dec for a week. Can someone save
me the time of googling and recommend a good place for bike rentals out
there?

Had you googled, you would have already found a good place for bike rentals
out there.

cg

An intelligent person would have taken from what he wrote that he was searching
for a personal recommendation instead of finding a number of websites that all
claim to be good, but again, that's how an intelligent person would have viewed
it.

Paladin November 12th 03 12:55 AM

Vegas bike rental

kantspel wrote:

I'm going to be in Las Vegas in early Dec for a week. Can someone save
me the time of googling and recommend a good place for bike rentals out
there?

YEP, last shop on left side of the road that leads west to the Red Rocks
area. Can't be more specific, but you can sure find it from there.

They're good folks, but iirc, you'll get a Fisher.

Paladin

Stephen Baker November 12th 03 02:49 AM

Vegas bike rental

MTBScottie says:

but again, that's how an intelligent person would have viewed
it.

Someone told you that, didn't they?

MTBScottie November 12th 03 03:36 AM

Vegas bike rental

From: kantspel
Date: 11/11/2003 5:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
Sigh... what amb rule did i break this time?

Ya want the full list, or the summary? ;-)

I can guess a few...
1. Didn't snip (I always forget)
2. Asked instead of looking up (get over it, I'm looking for opinions)
3. Not enought info in request?
4. Las Vegas is someone elses turf?

Actually, you did just fine. I have to change your #1 though, and
unfortunatley have to ask you to remember that this newsgroup is over 90% full
of the most arrogant and rude people I've never personally met.

P e t e F a g e r l i n November 12th 03 04:06 AM

Vegas bike rental

On 12 Nov 2003 03:36:15 GMT, (MTBScottie) wrote:

Actually, you did just fine. I have to change your #1 though, and
unfortunatley have to ask you to remember that this newsgroup is over

90% full
of the most arrogant and rude people I've never personally met.

LOL!

You're so brilliant, aren't you spankster?

Spankboy wrote:

"And just what would that point be about webtv users? Is the fact the
we aren't ridiculous enough to go out and spend 2 to three thousand
dollars on a computer just so we can be on a discussion group all day
and not have a life outside of the internet odd to you?"

More hysterical quotes available by request.

You've been severely hooked for 3 1/2 years+ and you're still flailing
around spank boy.

Stephen Baker November 12th 03 12:08 PM

Vegas bike rental

MTBScottie says:

Actually, you did just fine. I have to change your #1 though, and
unfortunatley have to ask you to remember that this newsgroup is over
90% full
of the most arrogant and rude people I've never personally met.

You've actually personally met 90% of us? Well, I guess I must be in the 10%
because I don't remember you seeing my smiling face ever.....

Steve

Michael Dart November 12th 03 12:39 PM

Vegas bike rental

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
MTBScottie says:

Actually, you did just fine. I have to change your #1 though, and
unfortunatley have to ask you to remember that this newsgroup is over
90% full
of the most arrogant and rude people I've never personally met.

You've actually personally met 90% of us? Well, I guess I must be in the

10%
because I don't remember you seeing my smiling face ever.....

Steve

Uh...read it again Steve.

Mike - not that it's really that important. ;^)

Dave W November 12th 03 03:05 PM

Vegas bike rental

"Michael Dart" had this to say

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
MTBScottie says:

Actually, you did just fine. I have to change your #1 though, and
unfortunatley have to ask you to remember that this newsgroup is
over 90% full
of the most arrogant and rude people I've never personally met.

You've actually personally met 90% of us? Well, I guess I must be in
the

10%
because I don't remember you seeing my smiling face ever.....

Steve

Uh...read it again Steve.

Mike - not that it's really that important. ;^)

Damn Mike! you just couldn't leave it alone could ya?

Dave (enjoying the irony!)

kantspel November 12th 03 03:11 PM

Vegas bike rental

Paladin wrote:

kantspel wrote:

I'm going to be in Las Vegas in early Dec for a week. Can someone
save me the time of googling and recommend a good place for bike
rentals out there?

YEP, last shop on left side of the road that leads west to the Red Rocks
area. Can't be more specific, but you can sure find it from there.

They're good folks, but iirc, you'll get a Fisher.

Paladin

Thanks, amazing how many replies it takes to get something useful. Any
hints on the name so I can hit them up for more info?

Chris Glidden November 12th 03 04:29 PM

Vegas bike rental

"kantspel" asked:

Sigh... what amb rule did i break this time?

You expected a straight answer. LOL. In any case, good luck finding a good
place. Paladin's suggestions sounds like your best bet at this point. Post
a RR, I'm curious as to what the Vegas riding is like.

cg

Jonesy November 12th 03 05:36 PM

Vegas bike rental

kantspel wrote in message ...
Dave W wrote:
kantspel had this to say

I'm going to be in Las Vegas in early Dec for a week. Can someone save
me the time of googling and recommend a good place for bike rentals out
there?

your not from around here are you?

Sigh... what amb rule did i break this time?

It's not an a.m-b rule, but a rule of polite people anywhere. First,
you go seek info on your own. Google is good. Then you post a list
of what you found, and ask questions based on that. That way, it
looks like you actually did a little work, and didn't expect to be
spoon-fed data without one ounce of effort on your part.

"I looked in Google for LV bike rental places. I found Shops X, Y, Z
and Q, But don't know anything about any of them. Does anyone have
any experience with any of these? Could you make a recommendation? I
searched in a.m-b for some references, but didn't find anything
useful."

Now, you could take the spanking nitwit Scotty-dog at his word, but
really, folks would like to see SOME effort on your part to answer
your own question. Maybe *you* knew already that the websites would
be mostly hype, with no real differentiation. But at least you could
have shown that you put even the smallest effort into it.

It's just like asking in a.m-b the age-old question "what bike should
I get?"

The red one.
--
Jonesy

JD November 12th 03 05:50 PM

Vegas bike rental

From: kantspel

Date: 11/11/2003 5:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
Sigh... what amb rule did i break this time?

Ya want the full list, or the summary? ;-)

I can guess a few...
1. Didn't snip (I always forget)
2. Asked instead of looking up (get over it, I'm looking for opinions)
3. Not enought info in request?
4. Las Vegas is someone elses turf?

Actually, you did just fine. I have to change your #1 though, and
unfortunatley have to ask you to remember that this newsgroup is over 90% full
of the most arrogant and rude people I've never personally met.

Key words Benjamin Spanklin, "I've never personally met". You've
never personally meet anyone here because you are a coward and always
will be a coward. Keep hiding, spanking, flailing and whatever you do
so well behind your keyboard, it's obviously all you have.

JD

Paladin November 12th 03 07:40 PM

Vegas bike rental

kantspel wrote in message ...
Paladin wrote:

kantspel wrote:

I'm going to be in Las Vegas in early Dec for a week. Can someone
save me the time of googling and recommend a good place for bike
rentals out there?

YEP, last shop on left side of the road that leads west to the Red Rocks
area. Can't be more specific, but you can sure find it from there.

They're good folks, but iirc, you'll get a Fisher.

Paladin

Thanks, amazing how many replies it takes to get something useful. Any
hints on the name so I can hit them up for more info?

West Charleston, west edge of town, adjacent to a good rock climbing
shop, I think it might be called, Pro Cyclery.

hth, Paladin

Penny S November 12th 03 08:15 PM

Vegas bike rental

Chris Glidden's cat walked across a keyboard and came up with this:
"kantspel" asked:

Sigh... what amb rule did i break this time?

You expected a straight answer. LOL. In any case, good luck finding
a good place. Paladin's suggestions sounds like your best bet at
this point. Post a RR, I'm curious as to what the Vegas riding is
like.

cg

irc, the "las vegas bike shop" question came up before, (last year) with
ultimately the same shop mentioned, by Paladin. Is it groundhog day?

Penny

kantspel November 12th 03 08:32 PM

Vegas bike rental

newsgroup is over 90% full
of the most arrogant and rude people I've never personally met.

Key words Benjamin Spanklin, "I've never personally met". You've
never personally meet anyone here because you are a coward and always
will be a coward. Keep hiding, spanking, flailing and whatever you do
so well behind your keyboard, it's obviously all you have.

JD

Of all the folks in here, JD is the one I'd like to meet most. I can't
help but be curious what the real person is like. Whether your a
keyboard jerk or the real thing is an intriguing mystery.
holds up "sticks & stones..." sign

kantspel November 12th 03 08:41 PM

Vegas bike rental

Sigh... what amb rule did i break this time?

You expected a straight answer. LOL. In any case, good luck finding
a good place. Paladin's suggestions sounds like your best bet at
this point.

irc, the "las vegas bike shop" question came up before, (last year) with
ultimately the same shop mentioned, by Paladin. Is it groundhog day?

I did search the old posts before posting (not a complete boob) but
didn't find a too much on the topic. I figured going to Vegas for a
conference and renting a bike while there would be a fairly common practice.

Penny S November 12th 03 08:48 PM

Vegas bike rental

kantspel's cat walked across a keyboard and came up with this:
Sigh... what amb rule did i break this time?

You expected a straight answer. LOL. In any case, good luck
finding a good place. Paladin's suggestions sounds like your best
bet at this point.

irc, the "las vegas bike shop" question came up before, (last year)
with ultimately the same shop mentioned, by Paladin. Is it
groundhog day?

I did search the old posts before posting (not a complete boob) but
didn't find a too much on the topic. I figured going to Vegas for a
conference and renting a bike while there would be a fairly common
practice.

haha who knows what thread title it was under!! I wonder if you put Las
Vegas in the content window ( search entire posts) what that would bring up.

Mojo Deluxe November 12th 03 09:07 PM

Vegas bike rental

"kantspel" wrote in message

newsgroup is over 90% full
of the most arrogant and rude people I've never personally met.

Key words Benjamin Spanklin, "I've never personally met". You've
never personally meet anyone here because you are a coward and always
will be a coward. Keep hiding, spanking, flailing and whatever you do
so well behind your keyboard, it's obviously all you have.

JD

Of all the folks in here, JD is the one I'd like to meet most. I can't
help but be curious what the real person is like. Whether your a
keyboard jerk or the real thing is an intriguing mystery.
holds up "sticks & stones..." sign

I got the inside scoop, he's the real thing.

Stephen Baker November 12th 03 09:57 PM

Vegas bike rental

Michael Dart says:

Uh...read it again Steve.

Oh, DUH! Thanks - I think....

Steve blush

Stephen Baker November 12th 03 10:03 PM

Vegas bike rental

DAve W says:

Damn Mike! you just couldn't leave it alone could ya?

Dave (enjoying the irony!)

FU - SLTF....

;-)

kantspel November 12th 03 10:37 PM

Vegas bike rental

haha who knows what thread title it was under!! I wonder if you put Las
Vegas in the content window ( search entire posts) what that would bring up.

If I tell you to go search for your damn self could I be part of the amb
club?

Mojo Deluxe November 12th 03 11:08 PM

Vegas bike rental

"kantspel" wrote in message

haha who knows what thread title it was under!! I wonder if you put Las
Vegas in the content window ( search entire posts) what that would bring

up.

If I tell you to go search for your damn self could I be part of the amb
club?

You're already part of teh clup.

Jonesy November 12th 03 11:12 PM

Vegas bike rental

kantspel wrote in message ...

Thanks, amazing how many replies it takes to get something useful.

Seems like you got much more than you paid for. Heck of a bargain, in my book...
--
Jonesy

Penny S November 12th 03 11:14 PM

Vegas bike rental

kantspel's cat walked across a keyboard and came up with this:
haha who knows what thread title it was under!! I wonder if you put
Las Vegas in the content window ( search entire posts) what that
would bring up.

If I tell you to go search for your damn self could I be part of the
amb club?

dude, sorry to come off as so harsh! Jeez, I was just making little
reference to how things can get lost in the discussion, and how if one is
persistent the original reference *could * most likely be found! Whether
you know it or not, you are already in the club. If I knew any about LV I'd
go ahead and post it, I do understand that while some folks think that
google is the magic bullet answer for everything, some things can be hard
to dig up.

ps

Mojo Deluxe November 12th 03 11:24 PM

Vegas bike rental

"Penny S" wrote in message
kantspel's cat walked across a keyboard and came up with this:
haha who knows what thread title it was under!! I wonder if you put
Las Vegas in the content window ( search entire posts) what that
would bring up.

If I tell you to go search for your damn self could I be part of the
amb club?

dude, sorry to come off as so harsh! Jeez, I was just making little
reference to how things can get lost in the discussion, and how if one is
persistent the original reference *could * most likely be found! Whether
you know it or not, you are already in the club. If I knew any about LV

I'd
go ahead and post it, I do understand that while some folks think that
google is the magic bullet answer for everything, some things can be hard
to dig up.

My goggler is in the shop.

Chris Glidden November 12th 03 11:49 PM

Vegas bike rental

"Mojo Deluxe" wrote in message
.. .

"kantspel" wrote in message

haha who knows what thread title it was under!! I wonder if you put

Las
Vegas in the content window ( search entire posts) what that would

bring
up.

If I tell you to go search for your damn self could I be part of the amb
club?

You're already part of teh clup.

Have you been drinking with Phil the Squid?

Mojo Deluxe November 13th 03 12:10 AM

Vegas bike rental

"kantspel" wrote in message

haha who knows what thread title it was under!! I wonder if you put

Las
Vegas in the content window ( search entire posts) what that would

bring
up.

If I tell you to go search for your damn self could I be part of the

amb
club?

You're already part of teh clup.

Have you been drinking with Phil the Squid?

Sorry no, just tired.

kantspel November 13th 03 12:14 AM

Vegas bike rental

dude, sorry to come off as so harsh! Jeez, I was just making little
reference to how things can get lost in the discussion, and how if one is
persistent the original reference *could * most likely be found! Whether
you know it or not, you are already in the club. If I knew any about LV I'd
go ahead and post it, I do understand that while some folks think that
google is the magic bullet answer for everything, some things can be hard
to dig up.

ps

Sorry, the sarcasm didn't come through. Just kidding around. More a
poke at "yall" than "you" anyway.

Penny S November 13th 03 01:14 AM

Vegas bike rental

kantspel's cat walked across a keyboard and came up with this:
dude, sorry to come off as so harsh! Jeez, I was just making little
reference to how things can get lost in the discussion, and how if
one is persistent the original reference *could * most likely be
found! Whether you know it or not, you are already in the club. If
I knew any about LV I'd go ahead and post it, I do understand that
while some folks think that google is the magic bullet answer for
everything, some things can be hard to dig up.

ps

Sorry, the sarcasm didn't come through. Just kidding around. More a
poke at "yall" than "you" anyway.

if you were a girl (?) you could blame it on PMS. That's always my excuse!!

Penny

Stephen Baker November 13th 03 02:46 AM

Vegas bike rental

Penny says:

if you were a girl (?) you could blame it on PMS. That's always my excuse!!

We'd noticed... ;-P

Actually, I blame it all on PMS, too. Petty Male Syndrome. Hits about once
every two weeks, so I have more excuses than you do. ;-)

Steve

Mojo Deluxe November 13th 03 03:23 AM

Vegas bike rental

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Penny says:

if you were a girl (?) you could blame it on PMS. That's always my

excuse!!

We'd noticed... ;-P

Actually, I blame it all on PMS, too. Petty Male Syndrome. Hits about

once
every two weeks, so I have more excuses than you do. ;-)

I thought it was the "Poor Me Syndrome"!

Seriously though, when I was married, I did blame everything on PMS. My ex's
"Psycho Mental Syndrome".

Paladin November 13th 03 03:33 AM

Vegas bike rental

Penny S wrote:

Chris Glidden's cat walked across a keyboard and came up with this:

"kantspel" asked:

Sigh... what amb rule did i break this time?

You expected a straight answer. LOL. In any case, good luck finding
a good place. Paladin's suggestions sounds like your best bet at
this point. Post a RR, I'm curious as to what the Vegas riding is
like.

cg

irc, the "las vegas bike shop" question came up before, (last year) with
ultimately the same shop mentioned, by Paladin. Is it groundhog day?

Penny

That must be it. I thought I was stuck in the twilight zone. But figgerd, hey, yank my chain, I'll holler.

Paladin

Paladin November 13th 03 03:45 AM

Vegas bike rental

Mojo Deluxe wrote:

"kantspel" wrote in message

newsgroup is over 90% full
of the most arrogant and rude people I've never personally met.

Key words Benjamin Spanklin, "I've never personally met". You've
never personally meet anyone here because you are a coward and always
will be a coward. Keep hiding, spanking, flailing and whatever you do
so well behind your keyboard, it's obviously all you have.

JD

Of all the folks in here, JD is the one I'd like to meet most. I can't
help but be curious what the real person is like. Whether your a
keyboard jerk or the real thing is an intriguing mystery.
holds up "sticks & stones..." sign

I got the inside scoop, he's the real thing.

Hah! You brown-noser, he's just a tough talking 15yr old mtndewd etard poser!

I lump him in with that whole CO group of wannabes. For pictorial proof,
check out his website, or Anthon's pictures, or Matt's, you'll get the
picture.

Paladin
somebody's got to step up and tell the truth....