CycleBanter.com

-   -   Cyclist in road rage attack on a bird (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=257867)

MrCheerful August 3rd 19 08:36 AM

Cyclist in road rage attack on a bird

AN ANGRY cyclist ran over a seagull then slammed it to the pavement by
its wing.
The battered seagull has died following the injuries sustained in the
attack at Churchill Square, Brighton, at about 3.45pm on Thursday.
The bird’s wing was hanging out of its socket and shocked onlookers
called for help.

The cyclist rode away. Numberplates are needed to deter this sort of
behaviour.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1781...onto-pavement/

Bod[_5_] August 3rd 19 12:05 PM

On 03/08/2019 08:36, MrCheerful wrote:
AN ANGRY cyclist ran over a seagull then slammed it to the pavement by
its wing.
The battered seagull has died following the injuries sustained in the
attack at Churchill Square, Brighton, at about 3.45pm on Thursday.
The bird’s wing was hanging out of its socket and shocked onlookers
called for help.

The cyclist rode away.Â* Numberplates are needed to deter this sort of
behaviour.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1781...onto-pavement/

"cyclist-runs-seagull-grabs-wing-slams-onto-pavement, he bird’s wing

was hanging out of its socket and shocked onlookers
called for help" !?

The only sensible and compassionate thing to do is to put the bird out
of its misery quickly.

--
Bod

TMS320 August 3rd 19 01:04 PM

Cyclist in road rage attack on a bird

On 03/08/2019 08:36, MrCheerful wrote:

Linked ...
....another pointless report.

A few years ago, I was cycling along and ran over a rabbit with both
wheels. It nearly caused me to fall off. When the adrenaline kicked in
it scurried back to cover. I don't suppose it survived.

One of its friends did notice me but didn't notice the car overtaking
me. A car obviously has the advantage because it can run over and batter
all in one.

In other words, with a motor vehicle **** happens. Had I gone looking
for the first rabbit and put it out of its misery, that would have made
me an evil, angry cyclist. Is there no end to the stupidity of some people?