CycleBanter.com

-   Social Issues (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   More Mountain Biking Propaganda Posing as Science (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=236496)

SMS May 9th 12 01:37 AM

More Mountain Biking Propaganda Posing as Science

On 5/7/2012 10:54 AM, Shraga wrote:

Why don't you go ahead and read the whole thing and get back to us
with a useful review?

Because our resident convicted criminal has never believed in
scientifically accurate, peer-reviewed, statistically sound, research.

The facts conflict with what he wishes was true.

Bottom line, there is _no_ research showing that mountain biking is any
more damaging to trails or wildlife than other recreational activities
such as hiking or horesback riding. In fact, horseback riding has
significantly greater impact on erosion and wildlife than hiking or
mountain biking. But equestrians are usually well-connected politically,
as well as being well-off financially, so attempts to ban horses from
these areas have been fruitless.

Mike Vandeman[_4_] May 9th 12 05:25 AM

Yes there is. See http://mjvande.nfshost.com/scb7.htm (Wisdom et al).

In fact, horseback riding has
significantly greater impact on erosion and wildlife than hiking or
mountain biking. But equestrians are usually well-connected politically,
as well as being well-off financially, so attempts to ban horses from
these areas have been fruitless.

BS. You didn't cite any reaesrch (as I did), because you CAN'T. It
doesn't exist!