CycleBanter.com

-   Marketplace (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   FS: Specialized Allez SL steel Frame/fork/HS and bike travel case $289 (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=166388)

mike July 25th 07 11:51 AM

FS: Specialized Allez SL steel Frame/fork/HS and bike travel case $289

Awesome compact geometry Specialized Allez Steel frame made from
triple butted Columbus FOCO tubing. Used for about one riding season
as part of a stable that includes fixed gear and cross bikes which I
use regularly. Frame is blue with white panel. Afew paint chips, but
I'd say the frame is at least 8.5/10. This thing is the most
comfortable frame for long rides, and is stiff enough for most racing,
as I used it for the local Thurs Worlds, and was able to hang in most
days. I've just had an opportunity to get a carbon bike and decided
to keep my Schwinn Paramount and Peleton as my steel bikes. I had this
bike down to 18.5 pounds with a plain Ultegra build, Ritchey Pro bar
and stem, and medium weight tubular wheels. I'm sure someone could
get this under 17 with the right parts selection

Frame size is large with 56.5 TT. I ride a standard 55 or 56 and this
fit me great with a 110 stem.

Included with this frame is a TC-1 bike travel case with padding and
straps. Case has wheels and pull handle for easy transport. There is
a crack in the case near one of the wheels, but it hasn't been a
problem.

I can include a seatpost and saddle, but they won't be anything high
end or new.

Total package is $289 plus shipping - shipping may be a little high (~
$50) with the case, but this is ike getting the case for free.

I have an Easton EC 70 carbon stem in 90mm length and some Fsa wing
pro alu bars - both OS for $50 plus shipping -