CycleBanter.com

-   -   handlebar bag support (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=54833)

Steve Watkin January 5th 04 08:30 PM

handlebar bag support

Anybody know where I can get one of those thick wire supports for an old
handlebar bag? The sort that fit over the bars and the weight of the bag
and it's contents keep it in place.

Richard Bates January 5th 04 09:16 PM

handlebar bag support

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:30:40 +0000 (UTC), in
, "Steve Watkin"
wrote:

Anybody know where I can get one of those thick wire supports for an old
handlebar bag? The sort that fit over the bars and the weight of the bag
and it's contents keep it in place.

From my garage if you don't mind paying postage. I think it is still
hanging up there somewhere. If being used with a horizontal stem it
will need bending back into shape (I previosuly used it with a stem
that was angled upwards).

Email me and I'll let you know if I still have it.
--
Due to a typing error on the Children's Hospital menu
Saturday evening now offers "Beef burger in a bum".

MSeries January 5th 04 09:28 PM

handlebar bag support

Steve Watkin wrote:
Anybody know where I can get one of those thick wire supports for an
old handlebar bag? The sort that fit over the bars and the weight of
the bag and it's contents keep it in place.

I have one you can have for the cost of the postage

Helen Deborah Vecht January 5th 04 09:53 PM

handlebar bag support

"MSeries" typed

Steve Watkin wrote:
Anybody know where I can get one of those thick wire supports for an
old handlebar bag? The sort that fit over the bars and the weight of
the bag and it's contents keep it in place.

I have one you can have for the cost of the postage

So do I!

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Tony W January 6th 04 12:53 AM

handlebar bag support

"Steve Watkin" wrote in message
Anybody know where I can get one of those thick wire supports for an old
handlebar bag? The sort that fit over the bars and the weight of the bag
and it's contents keep it in place.

A length of brake cable??

Steve Watkin January 6th 04 09:00 AM

handlebar bag support

Must be said "what a good load of good guys" I'd almost given up with
trying to find this and then three arrive all at once (bit like buses in the
old days!)
Thanks all. I will contact you directly.

SW

Simon Brooke January 6th 04 11:35 AM

handlebar bag support

"Steve Watkin" writes:

Anybody know where I can get one of those thick wire supports for an old
handlebar bag? The sort that fit over the bars and the weight of the bag
and it's contents keep it in place.

I have one which I no longer use[1]. Could send it to you for the cost of
postage. It's a 1980s Carradice one which the bag clips onto and which also
supports the bag underneath.

[1] I now use a new type Carradice bag with the klikfix bracket.

;; Sending your money to someone just because they've erected
;; a barrier of obscurity and secrets around the tools you
;; need to use your data does not help the economy or spur
;; innovation. - Waffle Iron Slashdot, June 16th, 2002

Steve Watkin January 7th 04 08:47 PM

handlebar bag support

Richard

How do I reach you

SW

"Richard Bates" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Anybody know where I can get one of those thick wire supports for an old
handlebar bag? The sort that fit over the bars and the weight of the bag
and it's contents keep it in place.

From my garage if you don't mind paying postage. I think it is still