CycleBanter.com

-   -   Footway lawbreakers punished (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=256042)

[email protected] June 21st 18 11:20 AM

Footway lawbreakers punished

QUOTE:
"In a statement, Bristol City Council insists more than one car was wrongly parked and only 'several' cars were ticketed.

A council spokesperson said: 'A local resident reported a vehicle that was illegally parked blocking the shared-use path.

'In response we sent out a civil enforcement officer to the street to investigate. In the process several vehicles were ticketed along the street.

'There is currently an agreement in place which should allow local residents to park on the drive area of the pavement as long as they aren't on the public grass verge or blocking the main pavement or shared-use path.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...riveways.htmle

[email protected] June 21st 18 12:02 PM

On Thursday, 21 June 2018 11:20:25 UTC+1, wrote:
QUOTE:
"In a statement, Bristol City Council insists more than one car was wrongly parked and only 'several' cars were ticketed.

A council spokesperson said: 'A local resident reported a vehicle that was illegally parked blocking the shared-use path.

'In response we sent out a civil enforcement officer to the street to investigate. In the process several vehicles were ticketed along the street.

'There is currently an agreement in place which should allow local residents to park on the drive area of the pavement as long as they aren't on the public grass verge or blocking the main pavement or shared-use path.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...riveways.htmle

QUOTE.

In 2016, 43 pedestrians died in collisions involving a vehicle on the footway or verge. None of them involved a cycle. From 2007-16, no pedestrians in Britain were killed by red light jumping cyclists, while around five a year were killed by red light jumping drivers.

An official study of pedestrian priority sites in the 1990s found only one pedestrian/cyclist incident in 15 site years. I guess you have your answers with above stats.