CycleBanter.com

-   -   Really, really dumb (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=258716)

[email protected] January 8th 20 08:14 PM

Really, really dumb

I was thinking that this group would have dumb postings upon occasions but after going out and looking that the other bike forums I won't say that again. Even John looks like a genius next to most of these people.

One guy had a Maddux wheelset and he thought that the freewheel had given up the ghost. So he bought a new freewheel assembly. These are fully enclosed and fit into splines in the wheel. Apparently he never even bothered to look at the splines and shortly afterwards the freewheel failed again. Finally he looked in and saw that the aluminum splines had stripped out of these 10 year old wheels. Instead of buying a new wheelset he epoxied the freewheel assembly into the wheel. One can only imagine the mechanical IQ of people of this sort.

On other sites people will ask questions and no one will answer him and the "regulars" will criticize him for not knowing the answer - but pretty clearly neither do they.

I suppose this is why most of their strings are over 10 years old and no new contributors.

So if I have offended you at sometime of another forgive me because this group at least CAN address problems if they've a mind to.

Not that I'm not going to laugh at Jay because Portland is advertising themselves as a tourist destination on bay area TV. I figure we can pay the bus fare for a load or five of homeless to go there and feel right at home.

AMuzi January 8th 20 08:26 PM

Really, really dumb

On 1/8/2020 2:14 PM, wrote:
[...]

the RBT motto could be, 'Set a low standard and we'll
probably meet it.'

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

[email protected] January 8th 20 11:08 PM

Really, really dumb

On Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 12:26:23 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/8/2020 2:14 PM, wrote:
[...]

Well, I would have agreed with you before I read an entire series of postings about how Trump would make a terrible President started in 2015.

So while we may have low standards compared to the competition we are at Einstein levels.

Andre Jute[_2_] January 8th 20 11:16 PM

Really, really dumb

On Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 8:14:49 PM UTC, wrote:
[...]

I agree. I miss Jobst and Sheldon, though. -- AJ

[email protected] January 8th 20 11:39 PM

Really, really dumb

On Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 3:16:51 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Well, I surely miss Shelton. And I miss getting Jobst all riled up.

Tim McNamara January 9th 20 01:34 AM

Really, really dumb

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 15:08:40 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Well, I would have agreed with you before I read an entire series of
postings about how Trump would make a terrible President started in
2015.

Well, they got something right then even if it wasn't bike tech.

AMuzi January 9th 20 01:43 AM

Really, really dumb

wrote:

Well, I would have agreed with you before I read an entire series of
postings about how Trump would make a terrible President started in
2015.

Well, they got something right then even if it wasn't bike tech.

Given that two riders can use the same lighting system and
firmly declare it's too bright and not bright enough, your
comment fits right in.

jOHN b. January 9th 20 03:28 AM

Really, really dumb

wrote:

Well, I would have agreed with you before I read an entire series of
postings about how Trump would make a terrible President started in
2015.

Well, they got something right then even if it wasn't bike tech.

Given that two riders can use the same lighting system and
firmly declare it's too bright and not bright enough, your
comment fits right in.

I just, yesterday, read a news article in which The President bragged
that he had been told that he had more hits on facebook than any one
else.

Thus, it is obvious that the perfect light would be the one with the
most hits on facebook. Right?
--
cheers,

John B.

[email protected] January 9th 20 05:24 PM

Really, really dumb

Tim, passing off your bull**** when the facts speak otherwise makes you look like a first class idiot.

[email protected] January 9th 20 05:25 PM

Really, really dumb

wrote:

Well, I would have agreed with you before I read an entire series of
postings about how Trump would make a terrible President started in
2015.

Well, they got something right then even if it wasn't bike tech.

Given that two riders can use the same lighting system and
firmly declare it's too bright and not bright enough, your
comment fits right in.

I just, yesterday, read a news article in which The President bragged
that he had been told that he had more hits on facebook than any one
else.

Thus, it is obvious that the perfect light would be the one with the
most hits on facebook. Right?
--
cheers,

John B.

And since you have zero hits on Facebook what does that make you?