CycleBanter.com

-   -   [OT] Is it Snowing Where You Are? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=78567)

[Not Responding] November 18th 04 09:11 PM

[OT] Is it Snowing Where You Are?

Forecasts have been vaguely forecasting snow around the place. Any
sign of it near you? There's not a cat's chance of me (ever) seeing
any here in the sunny strawberry fields on the South Coast, so I await
reports with great envy.

Monkey Hanger November 18th 04 09:16 PM

[Not Responding] wrote:

Forecasts have been vaguely forecasting snow around the place. Any
sign of it near you? There's not a cat's chance of me (ever) seeing
any here in the sunny strawberry fields on the South Coast, so I await
reports with great envy.

Plenty of rain in North London. No snow. No chance of snow either, too warm.
--
Chris

Mike Causer November 18th 04 09:25 PM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:11:43 +0000, [Not Responding] wrote:

Forecasts have been vaguely forecasting snow around the place. Any
sign of it near you? There's not a cat's chance of me (ever) seeing
any here in the sunny strawberry fields on the South Coast, so I await
reports with great envy.

The denizens of uk.sci.weather are reporting snow all across the midlands
into Yorkshire. Mildenhall in Suffolk is reporting rain/snow but there's
no sign of it 15km away.

Mike

Helen Deborah Vecht November 18th 04 09:27 PM

Monkey Hanger typed

[Not Responding] wrote:

Forecasts have been vaguely forecasting snow around the place. Any
sign of it near you? There's not a cat's chance of me (ever) seeing
any here in the sunny strawberry fields on the South Coast, so I await
reports with great envy.

Plenty of rain in North London. No snow. No chance of snow either, too warm.

Too warm here. Been on phone to Peter Coulson (Audax UK Events
Secretary) in Northants. It's snowing there.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

MSeries November 18th 04 09:50 PM

[Not Responding] wrote:
Forecasts have been vaguely forecasting snow around the place. Any
sign of it near you? There's not a cat's chance of me (ever) seeing
any here in the sunny strawberry fields on the South Coast, so I await
reports with great envy.

I cycled home from Leeds to Morley in the snow at approx 18:35 tonight -
'twas great.

Helen Deborah Vecht November 18th 04 10:02 PM

MSeries typed

[Not Responding] wrote:
Forecasts have been vaguely forecasting snow around the place. Any
sign of it near you? There's not a cat's chance of me (ever) seeing
any here in the sunny strawberry fields on the South Coast, so I await
reports with great envy.

I cycled home from Leeds to Morley in the snow at approx 18:35 tonight -
'twas great.

But Jimmy's is without electicity so go elsewhere if you need A&E...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Iain Jones November 18th 04 10:30 PM

" [Not Responding] " wrote in
:

Forecasts have been vaguely forecasting snow around the place. Any
sign of it near you? There's not a cat's chance of me (ever) seeing
any here in the sunny strawberry fields on the South Coast, so I await
reports with great envy.

Rode home from work tonight in icy cold sleet. Gloves weren't up to the
job. Spent ages trying to unlock the front door with numb fingers. Orrible.

Andy Leighton November 18th 04 10:41 PM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:27:43 GMT,
Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
Monkey Hanger typed

[Not Responding] wrote:

Forecasts have been vaguely forecasting snow around the place. Any
sign of it near you? There's not a cat's chance of me (ever) seeing
any here in the sunny strawberry fields on the South Coast, so I await
reports with great envy.

Plenty of rain in North London. No snow. No chance of snow either, too warm.

Too warm here. Been on phone to Peter Coulson (Audax UK Events
Secretary) in Northants. It's snowing there.

Some snow in Peterborough, but it is quite localised as there is none
in Crowland 8 miles to the north. It is also big wet flakes and they
aren't settling.

--
Andy Leighton =
- Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_

Simon Brooke November 18th 04 11:05 PM

in message , [Not
Responding] ') wrote:

Forecasts have been vaguely forecasting snow around the place. Any
sign of it near you? There's not a cat's chance of me (ever) seeing
any here in the sunny strawberry fields on the South Coast, so I await
reports with great envy.

No snow but it is *cold*. Did a round of Dalbeattie last night and was
too warm, had to keep taking clothes off. Tonight I went up there
dressed just the same as yesterday and before the top of the first hill
decided to turn back because it was just too cold to be fun (I hadn't
taken winter gloves - but then, I didn't yesterday).

;; Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat.

Paul Rudin November 18th 04 11:06 PM

" [Not Responding] " writes:

Forecasts have been vaguely forecasting snow around the place. Any
sign of it near you? There's not a cat's chance of me (ever) seeing
any here in the sunny strawberry fields on the South Coast, so I await
reports with great envy.

Snow here in Cambridge.