CycleBanter.com

-   Social Issues (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT - Moving to Japan (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=226093)

(PeteCresswell) March 17th 11 04:16 PM

OT - Moving to Japan

Per Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° ":
Hey, some people still deny or justify the slaughter at Sabra and Shatila.

Yeah, I've even known a few Holocaust deniers.

Got to wonder if at least some of them are decent people, but
people whose world view depends on trusting their leaders - and
the cognitive dissonance is just too much for them so they
resolve it by denial.
--
PeteCresswell

Duane Hebert[_4_] March 17th 11 04:27 PM

OT - Moving to Japan

On 3/17/2011 11:16 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Tēm ShermĒn™ ":
Hey, some people still deny or justify the slaughter at Sabra and Shatila.

Yeah, I've even known a few Holocaust deniers.

Any who weren't the president of Iran?

Got to wonder if at least some of them are decent people, but
people whose world view depends on trusting their leaders - and
the cognitive dissonance is just too much for them so they
resolve it by denial.

Hard to make that case unless they are somehow prevented access to books
or any other form of information.

I guess anything is possible. The flat earth society still exists.